Allied races for Worgen and undead: Nelf Worgen and San'layn

Interesting Idea.

Agreed! I have been supportive of Fallynn and the San’layn, as well as a quiet, behind-the-scenes supporter, of the High Elf cause, even though I’ve never posted on any of their threads.

2 Likes

Bring on the NE Worgen and San’layn! WOOOOO!

6 Likes

And then during their legion campaign, reseiged lights hope chapel at the behest of the new lich king in an attempt to desecrate Tirion’s remains to become another servant of the lich king as the final horseman.

They aren’t all “good guys” but in typical blizzard fashion, literally nothing will come of that interesting story beat.

1 Like

There’s also a quest in Drustvar where…I think you helped a red dragon perform some rituals on skeletal dragon remains so it can’t be raised by the Ebon Blade, and you even have to fight against a death knight.

2 Likes

No, we don’t need MORE ELVES.
Give us something unique like Vulpera and Gnoll. Or something that isn’t just an elf or a rip off a model.

If it were up to me I wouldn’t go San’layn, but regular undead and I would swap their factions.

Feral Nelf worgen, who can no longer change back to an elf form but they join the Horde. The reason being they despise Malfurion and all the rest of their race for locking them up in the ED for thousands of years. Plus the extra feral nature and no desire to control it fits better in the Horde.

Then with undead we go with the Lightforged Undead joining the Alliance under Calia. She starts by raising those that Sylvanas kills in the meetup and asks all the alliance troops if they would like to be raised after death, those that agree are who we play as PCs. This would also open up the possibility of undead from other races as well. Dwarves, Nelves, Gomes, etc.

Given the Darkshore storyline, Forsaken Night Elves are more likely as an Allied Race than San’layn.

As for Worgen AR, can’t say as I’ve seen anything in-game that would equate to an acceptable sub-race of the werewolves.

They haven’t said anything about Allied Races coming or how many patches till BfA ends. Speculation is Mechagnomes and Vulpera are next up … maybe we won’t get AR’s for all the core races this expac?

Dont they work for bolvar now, sanlyn are still controlled by the lich king. I dont get it. Why would they be a race or allies.

I think that’s more likely than not, even if releasing more allied races during BFA was their original intention. Good chance blizz will scrap this expac early to move to the next like they did with WoD.

Yeah that’s what i think too.

8.2 sounds like some fun content and maybe where the story will finally start to make sense? Go for one more patch to finish off the expac and then they’ll bail and move on the next expansion where you can unlock Vulpera and Mechagnomes if you pre-order.

Won’t lie: I swore to the Gods I wouldn’t pre-order another expansion thanks to BfA but I do loves me them Vulpera.

Personally, I wish they’d focus less on new AR’s and spend some time working on expanding customization options for the existing ones.

(cough) Better skin tones for Void Elves (cough)
(cough) Nightborne that look like the actual Suramar elves (cough)

I definitely want those things too and I feel like they should be addressed once the first set of ARs are all released. Although the Worgen and Undead don’t have an AR yet so there’s probably still time to add them.

@Andraxel,
I wanted to give my opinion specifically to you, with the way you’ve explained and laid these options out. I’d like to say, I love all the creativity, it’s painting a vivid picture for me.
But I have to say I see these as more of options to customize and/or possible class(es). For the Night Elf Worgen (That would basically be a druid glyph, wouldn’t it?)
As for the San’layn, that sounds like it very well could be a class. A Vampire. It would be perhaps similar to Death Knights in some way, and could be restricted (but not necessarily) to Blood Elves only.
Just my $0.02

This could be said for all the allied races. This route could have been something Blizz went with from the start, they didn’t though, cause they explained that allied races were their own thing. They’re essentially like the core races we play, but with a slight change or difference to how they play, look, and act in the game. With all that said, I think nelf worgen and San’layn would make much more sense as an allied race.

2 Likes

Hey Andraxel how did it fare bringing your idea to GD? Did it work out better this time around VS the WRA forums? Hope you got the reactions you were hoping for this time around.

I attracted the wrong crowd, that was the issue with WRA. Just hope you’re not here to start trouble.

1 Like

Like Aladdin says: “Trouble? No way. You’re only in trouble if you get caught.”

1 Like

Caught? How do you mean? I’m treating this forum thread not that much different.

Relax man, was a joke

Was a legit question though? My God, that thread was just filled with bile.