Allied races for Worgen and undead: Nelf Worgen and San'layn

Why would Night Elves have Elf like Worgen where they should be a option for Night Elf Druids. If Horde is getting another pure original skin elf race. Only make sense for the Alliance to get High Elves/Half Elves as a Allied Race Too.

3 Likes

I would like to advocate for the unification of the broken people of my homeland of Alterac by redemption via the worgen curse. It would be cool having germanic/swiss worgen as an allied race and eventually work with Gilneas to reclaim lorderon from the forsaken filth.

Also any new worgen race I advocate for, I back you up my fellow fuzzbutt!

1 Like

They’re vampires though, not just reanimated corpses. They’d be undead with abilities and racials neither DK’s or the undead we play have.

Yeah, I suppose that would be nice, but that’s not the case for this expansion. Be a real waste of potential if we just ignore the possible powers these worgen would have compared to the worgen we play.

The Alliance recruited void elves and Lightforged draenei, both are evil at their extremes. The Horde…my God man, do I really have to point out their origins? The fact that the Horde now seems to become darker and darker with Sylvanas, queen of the shady group called the forsaken, calling the shots.

Yes, Blizz is trying to open our eyes to the gray aspects of WoW’s universe, doesn’t change the fact that it was pretty black and white at one point. If anything, recruiting monsters to their factions…that would be pretty morally gray move on both factions parts wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

You are not fooling anyone here. You just want more elves in a game full of them and after an expansion where the hero class was exclusive to elves. And San’layn themes already overlap with Blood Death Knights specifically.

And did I already mention we have too many elves?

Then update the current worgens. Don’t force people to reroll if the “new” worgens happen to have a customization they desire.

And there is nothing to suggest that a Night Elf Worgen is any more savage the the human worgens. It’s the same curse all around.

Void Elves are borderline schizophrenic but they are not evil. The war campaign makes it clear that they are very much trying to at least control their powers and not letting the powers control them.

Lightforged Draenei are more brutal and zealous in regard to the Light then their non-Lightforged cousins but they too are not evil. I believe you are thinking of the Lightbound, who are not part of the Alliance, that are forcing the Light on others.

And even if you are correct and those two races are “evil”, that is precisely why they should not have been made playable. Grey as a color sucks, especially Warcraft’s kind of “grey” (where most of the time, it’s actually just black).

Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei being playable was mistake, regardless what story Blizzard thinks they are telling.

Their origins is irrelevant considering Blizzard has done much to reverse much of what the Horde used to be and molded them into what they always wanted them to be. A rag tag group of savage but honorable (and definitely not evil) races trying to survive in a harsh landscape.

The Horde from Warcraft 3 going forward are not evil and should revert back to their status quo after BFA. Otherwise, you are just asking for Blizzard to turn the Horde into something they haven’t been in decades.

“Let’s ignore how not every individual in every race is just slammed with the “evil” label because I said so and want to tunnel vision” is basically what that boils down to.

Newsflash. We’ve seen variation in DK, forsaken, and even lich that aren’t evil. I know we want the game to be cliche and boring, but that’s not happening.

Free will means you’re not a puppet and can make your own choices. No idea why that’s such a hard concept to grasp.

6 Likes

I do wonder what would visually set a Nelf Worgen apart from a Human Worgen. Obviously I don’t mean the two forms ability part because that part is pretty self explanatory.

Could be something like this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi_7ripgMfgAhUthOAKHTTQD9UQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F203084264432295179%2F&psig=AOvVaw0YAOZR_erNBuCe8hVaAVzW&ust=1550638399395276

I don’t know horns are more Malorne’s thing than Goldrinn related.
If they did add Nelf Worgen though I would hope they would allow us access to the Night Warrior texture.

REMINDER: Death Knights had their redemption arc that culminated in them getting fruit thrown at them while they asked to be accepted by the Horde/Alliance once more. They may be dark but they are not evil. Not anymore. That’s why they were allowed back into their respective factions.

Forsaken were originally “morally grey” that Blizzard decided to turn into Scourge 2.0 and now the Horde’s identity is being burned down for it.

And there is a reason why “good” liches are almost always working alongside Death Knights and no one else. Because they are a necessary evil but a evil that only a dark characters (like Death Knights) would even think of working with.

But let’s ignore logic because who cares about that right? As long as it’s dark and edgy let’s just saturate WoW with it because we can never have too much of that.

And I’m done here.

…Which is my entire point.

Not every single Forsaken follows Sylv nor supports what she does, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but pointing out BtS is needed here.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s “edgy”, the story of undead have depth to them that finally break away from the typical “This is evil and cookie cutter.”

Indeed, we’re done here. We’ll see what happens, and I’ll continue to fully support San’layn whether people want to insult me for it or not. I also like the idea of night elf worgen and would likely roll one.

6 Likes

Yes, just…God yes, that’d be awesome.

I thought elves were immune to the worgen curse.

The original worgen were night elves afflicted with the curse.

5 Likes

There isn’t that many San’layn left , the same argument is used against adding highelves. Nightelf worgen would make sense in a way. They would just have to show were they have been hiding. As for San’layn, who would be the representative? Didn’t all of them die? Alliance war campaign killed alot of them.

Please not more elves. Pleaaaaaase.

2 Likes

There’s never been a defined number of San’layn, and new ones can be made. Never was it stated that they all were killed off. A few were but they had to come from somewhere. The number of them remain unknown.

7 Likes

You’d have to assume there’s a fair number of them considering 90% of the blood elves were killed by the LK.

5 Likes

Can we please explore non elven allied races for a bit, before flooding the game with even more elves.

Really annoying how people can’t look past “elves”. Yet again I’m left wondering why we can’t support them and other allied races too. I think ogres are dumb and wouldn’t ever want to touch one but for the benefit of those that want them, fully support.

/sigh though at this point I’m used to it.

5 Likes

“wah wah boohoo no elfs”
i wonder if you guys realize you’re a vocal minority. because you are. kind of annoying too. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes