Allied races for worgen and undead: Nelf worgen and San'layn

Mainly to give an idea of the kind of story scenario these two could represent. Mainly that the faction war has become so heated the factions have recruited literal monsters to their causes. The song is an added implentation to the intensity this battle would represent.

Allied races aren’t added based on what race doesn’t have a reskin/retheme yet.

We might see another brand of Tauren before we see an Undead allied race for all we know.

That why the alliance would have night elf worgen. Both side would have 3 elf and mostly the alliance regain the advantage on the night elf model and the horde on the blood elf model.

I know i know, what you really want is the alliance to get high elf and get more elf and more blood elf model than the horde.

The only way Night Elves would ever see their Worgen counterparts as monstrous is if Blizzard made an honest effort to make them do anything monstrous, of which I honestly doubt they have the gusto to really do.

San’layn being monstrous will only really be weighed by how they look, giving the Horde another gloriously attractive elf race with more of a gothic thematic and the Alliance another monster race that’s only distinguishing feature from regular Worgen is color scheme is a very risky move when far more players play Horde at max level. If you want a genuine monster vs. monster theme for this then you’d need to commit to the hilt and make San’layn look monstrous whereas NE Worgen act monstrous.

I would not personally say as such. Yes, Genn was the one that talked Katherine into forgiving Jaina and played a certain role in mending Kul Tiras’s relationship with the Alliance, but it’s Jaina that is the one involved in the whole scenario that officially recruits them into the Alliance for good. It seems pretty obvious now that they were going to put her in the Stormwind embassy once they brought her back into the narrative.

San’layn should look as close as they possibly can to how they have been presented so far in the story.

Then their counterpart race should be an attractive race in kind.

That’s a silly approach. Does this apply to every race or just the San’layn? If the Alliance got Ethereals would the Horde have to get something that matched them in their attractive appeal?

2 Likes

It’s not just in looks but also in multiple other factors. I don’t consider Night Elf Worgen to be anywhere near as attractive as San’layn in terms of storytelling, design, or thematic. They would just be an overt demonstration of one of the worst and most often criticized aspects of Worgen as a race design, which is that they are just furry Night Elves rather than a race that brought more savage edge or dark appeal to the Alliance. (The latter of which only the Void Elves and Dark Irons really actually succeed at doing, despite Blizzard’s words.)

Yes? It’s not exclusive to just them, but San’layn get discussed as a race prospect far more than Ethereals do, and they’re an elf race. Also let’s factor in that Worgen being able to shapeshift into humans does not do anything to make them any more played than Humans or Night Elves, and the same would go for the Night Elf variant judging by that. They are a monster race, and not many people gravitate towards those.

Looking at San’layn, there’s a strong argument for them either having a Night Elf or Blood Elf model since there are San’layn that resemble Blood Elves in the Icecrown dungeon. Either way, the outcome would be a race that’s pretty and one that far more people are going to gravitate to playing than a werewolf, personally I think it’s rather hypocritical to ask for something like that when it’s a long established argument that Alliance shouldn’t have High Elves for fear of all the Blood Elf players rerolling. (Though really thinking about it, I doubt it. Horde are far more played than Alliance at max level and the end game QoL is so good on Horde that I don’t imagine that significant amount of people rerolling.)

1 Like

Your side is literally arguing to have another pretty race added to your faction while the Alliance gets a monster race that nobody will play, when the current climate is that everyone plays Horde already.

What does being pretty have to do with this thread??? Dont try to derail the thread. Btw i would be FOR them being more monstrous looking like having sharp teeth or something like that. I am sure im not the only one.

Also you can pretend that know one would play night elf worgen but you have no prove of that… Night elf furry could be kind of popular.

55% isn’t everyone you know right?

2 Likes

The fact that San’layn being prettier absolutely IS the most popular desire to want them to be. You may be speaking for yourself here and that’s fine, I’m with you on that, but my argument is also in regard to other people who seem to think Alliance players would put up with Horde getting another objectively attractive race that everyone and the mama will play while they get short shrift.

Don’t even try to cloak it behind “you’re getting another night elf model” when that’s not how it works with baseline Worgen either. The werewolf form is their core identity and will take up the large majority of what the player sees when doing activities in the game. (Besides non-action roleplay, I guess.)

Look at how many people play Worgen, and that’s considering the fact that Worgen can shapeshift into the most populous Alliance race. I don’t see Night Elf Worgen fairing any better. Why play that when you can just play a regular Night Elf? What’s the hook for Night Elf Worgen that isn’t bland?

Look at max level statistics, they tell a different story and that’s where the game truly matters.

The disparity isn’t that huge but it’s very much in favor of Horde, and it’s very hypocritical to demand short shrift be given to Alliance when that factor is kept in mind after all the massive complaints about population imbalance in regards to what Alliance players want for their allied races.

1 Like

Just did and it is better than last time. Only 53% for the horde at 120. Try to claim otherwise as you much but you have no prove or argument for that.

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you agree with me that more people play Horde and that this allied race distribution that you and others cook up is extremely flawed.

You should decide of what is your argument. 53% is so far from your everyone. You even try to state that the 55% was from low level and that it was worst before…

Your argument have been destroy, deal with it…

2 Likes

When I said everyone that’s in regards to end game content, of which Horde vastly outnumber Alliance in. Look at Horde raid guilds vs. Alliance, and you’d see what I mean.

At least I’ve had arguments whereas you’ve had hypocritical statements throughout this thread.

Also the only thing you “destroy” is grammar with this sentence.

Dude, this was the best post I’ve seen in months on the issue of making me excited. It’s been my dream since always to have playable San’layn (this char is the proof that I did my job, lol), but I also really liked the idea of ​​NE werewolf with good visual differences, maybe there was something new and deeper in concept to be explored than what we have with gilneans and common NE.

/clap

To conclude, I also found the idea of ​​being customizations very good. Look at the DKs, I can make trolls from 3 different tribes to interpret just because of the color variation of the skin, I mean, why not? New aesthetic updates that do not sum up the color of the character’s eye can give a bigger dimension to the races like the forsaken (which may well not be just humans) - or even the current BE - and the worgen curse that is also seen in the same situation of affecting more than one race.

4 Likes

This is what you said:

You claim that being max level is where it matter, not thing like mythic raiding. Once again stop trying to change what you claimed.

Yeah argument like ‘’ everyone play horde’’… I made so much hypocritical statement by trying to use real statistic to prove what im saying, silly me…

Congratulation you are better in you first language than i am with my second !!!

Seriously just go troll a other thread, no one take you seriously here.

2 Likes

Yeah, in the context of you claiming 55% are over on the Alliance.

Nah, more like the other things I refuted you on and this is the only thing you can pin me down on, that’s why you’re deflecting and hung up on this one simple thing I said.

I’m honestly pretty vested in this thread when people are asking for a lame allied race idea for one side whereas the other gets a genuinely cool and appealing one.

I’m still waiting for you to answer my questions on what the hook is for Night Elf Worgen or why they’re interesting, or why Blizzard is even a trustworthy enough company at this point to do the concept justice. Anything is better than just “lol, I just want San’layn and don’t care what Alliance get.”

1 Like

Are you drunk or something??? I clearly said that they were horde. You said every one was how and i said that 55% was not everyone, clearly meaning that 55% are the horde…

Yeah you refute me nothing… Sorry try again.

At this point i just reported you for trolling and i suggest other people to do it so we can continue this thread without being trolling.

2 Likes

Reporting me for wrong think, that’s so current year.

You’ve gotten just as trolling as I have with your whole “destroy” comments and hypocrisy by your own logic, but I wouldn’t report you because I’m not a snowflake that can’t handle other people’s refutations or criticism of my argument.