Allied Races are Now Unlocked for Free

i have the same issue =\

You expect me to READ? On the internet? Dude im a wow player! I got a million other things to do. Like complain about how everythings so confusing!

1 Like

So no more paying 4k-5k gold for the last flying level?

Nope. All free.

You get it at 10, 20, and 30 gives you a free flying mount to go with it.

Still gotta unlock Flying for Shadowlands and Zerith Mortis though.

Have funā€¦

1 Like

You still have to do questlines to acquire them.

Someone keeps saying to unlock the allied races you have to

1. Complete the Allied Race Unlock Quest

Quest is plural and Iā€™m not sure how many you have to do for each one. My other point is the patch notes clearly state the only requirement is level 40 character. On my screen every class in the embassy has a green check mark of having a level 40 character, meaning it should be unlocked. Clearly something isnā€™t making sense. :smiley:

If I use my free character boost are they just unlocked? Or do I need to do a quest for them before they are?

You need a level 40 on each side because you still have to do the short Allied Race Unlock quest to unlock the Race, and you canā€™t get those quests from the Embassy until level 40.

Unless this changed between last night when I unlocked Zandalari, and this morning.

Which I doubt.

1 Like

Oh, they fixed the bug?

How are you supposed to complete Charon quests when no one is doing the content?

Nah, still bugged.

but

Old guildmate of mine liked warrior so much, he had every race. I mean every race. It seems to me that Mechagnomes are carried by people with ā€¦ politely ā€¦ problems.

:woman_facepalming:

people 1 question, am i forced to freaking play many quests from the campaing from bfa to actually go to zuldazar and unlock the dark iron dwarfs?

Wait, you auto-learn riding skills now? Why?!

I thought maybe it was unfair, but then i think not really, because theyā€™ve been around for years. Your doing the achievement and quests allowed you access years ahead of othersā€¦ thatā€™s a pretty big boon.

I do wonder WHY make them all accessible though. And i have to wonder if itā€™s for future plot pointsā€¦ Like if thereā€™s going to be another division amongst all the races. For eg, if Anduin returns and uses void magic. Who would follow him as a rightful king after using void magic and shortly abandoning his kingdom? etc.

Yep. its all free no strings.

And if apathetic like meā€¦you can can even fly in bfa now.

Found that out last night. Unlock for BFA popped up as I got there.

I tried to go back once as geared 60 in sl. BFA was scaling toā€¦60. I came wanting one shot and left disappointed.

Good thing tooā€¦the KT unlock quest would be a massive pita no flying.

man i cant even finish that hell, its bugged, good lord. well i guess no iron dwarfs for me.

Why not? Itā€™s old, itā€™s bugged, it deters new players to have to do stuff thatā€™s bugged. I had friends that hit bugs where they couldnā€™t progress forward. So for all these years, nothing got fixed and they didnā€™t get their races.

You still have to do the scenarios, which is good, because itā€™s the intros to the races. The rest was just fluff.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realize they were bugged :confused: I donā€™t play horde so i hadnā€™t yet unlocked any of them. And i guess i donā€™t talk to the right people, because i didnā€™t realize any alliance quests were bugged haha. Thatā€™s unfortunate.

But yeah! With that said, if the questline as it was was stopping people from unlocking their due races, i guess tossing it all out the window makes sense haha

1 Like