Allied Races are Now Unlocked for Free

• All restrictions for unlocking Allied Races have been removed, with the exception of a level requirement.
  • All Allied Races can now be unlocked once you have a level 40 character on your account (was level 50).

If I had known this was going to happen I wouldn’t have just bothered personally. I haven’t used them at all yet but those quest chains were long… Either way it’s no skin off my back, I like the changes I’ve seen so far in the patch notes.

Also thank god for the automatic learning of the riding skills when you reach the appropriate level for them, I felt that to be a bit of an elbow jerk into my ribs on new alts.

Patch Notes https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonflight-patch-10-1-5-fractures-in-time-patch-notes-333860

1 Like

I still never unlocked the mechagnomes or whatever those fox people are called.

1 Like

They’re called Vulpera. :wink:

1 Like

This sentiment is always pretty dumb. You had access to those options for years. I have no idea how that changes now that the requirements for unlocking them are different/removed.

5 Likes

There’s a lot I still hadn’t unlocked yet, fortunately I don’t have to worry about that anymore. With Warlock extended now to all races I think I have far more options to work with in picking one out.

can you still do the racial unlock quests…for lore, if you so choose?

Or are the quests being removed?

I kinda still wanna do some of them, just to experience the quests.

I’ve only done the Nightborne and LFD quests and they were both pretty neat.

T’PAARTOS!

1 Like

Just last night i spent the money to upgrade riding speed on my druid because it took me a zillion years to get neltharions lair.

WHERE MY REFUND AT BLIZZ REEEEE!!?!?!

I didn’t unlock any of the races because it was too overwhelming. I also got lazy.

2 Likes

It was just annoying to run around on my new alts. Doesn’t need to be looked into that deeply.

GD will still find a reason to complain.

1 Like

You had access to it for a long time because you were willing to do the content for them.

These have been in the game for a long time and it makes no sense to gate them behind old content.

Think of the new players…

2 Likes

No seriously i actually did spend the money for the riding speed and i want a refund!

Okay i’m mostly joking but i woulda just waited had i known.

1 Like

I never unlocked Mechagnomes, but I don’t regret that decision whatsoever. Looks like Blizzard’s doing it for me now. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Right? I don’t have to worry about Lightforged Draenei either or Mechagnomes.

Doesn’t matter now but I believe they should not have shown the AR in the character select screen until they were max levels. Would have avoided a lot of disappointments.

We’re Vulpera. :fox_face:

The races shouldn’t have been locked after the expansion they were released in was over anyway.

It makes no sense to gate such a coveted thing behind hours and hours of old content.

Some of those requirements were wasaaaaaay too much for a reskin of a current race.

6 Likes

Already got all the races unlocked but i’m happy for those that haven’t gotten em yet for one reason or another.

i just hope we get new races that aren’t recolors/slight edits of existing ones next.

Lookin at you, Ogres. :eyes:

1 Like

Great news for Mechagnomes. Their population will go from 12 to 15 total.

5 Likes

they’re called “floor rugs”