Allied Races are Now Unlocked for Free

I’m excited to have access to a couple of races that I think are neat but couldn’t be bothered to level. I’ll probably make a Zandalari.

I’ve been meaning to make one of those as a Druid for so long now.

1 Like

I’m always happy to have a new Paladin option, personally.

I may or may not be biased, but Zandalari are the best.

2 Likes

I’m not a Horde player, like, at all. I’ve had zero Horde toons since I’ve joined World of Warcraft.

Okay maybe that’s a bit of a lie, I have tried out Forsaken Warlocks a few times but always ended up deleting them. A Zandalari Druid I just might keep, and hell, maybe I’ll make a Forsaken Warlock again.

Bold of you to assume that it’s already as high as 12…

I’m not bias and I think Fem velfs are the best new class…

I just hate playing alliance…

Maybe one day the world of Warcraft will unite and we can go to all cities and communicate freely with everyone.

Maybe slightly bias…

1 Like

Having played Argus, Suramar and BFA as current content, I never really had an bunch of hoops to jump through to unlock allied races. But one day my wife asked if I could unlock Lightforged Draenei for her. Boy…So yeah this change is great, she also wanted me to unlock dark iron dwarves for her. Done!

3 Likes

She’s darn lucky to have you. And to go through that for her.

1 Like

You should equate this to childbirth and tell her she’s welcome :joy:

1 Like

Oh Blood DKs are getting an 8% damage buff to ALL damaging abilities. Maybe I will make a DK on Retail after all.

I don’t mind doing the quests to unlock the ones I wanted to unlock. It was something to do in the game.

For those who waited, have fun.

1 Like

Good.

I already unlocked all of them, but it’s nice to have such QoL changes like this which only serve to benefit the playerbase.

I am cool with the change. Time has passed so it gets harder to make people grind reps in the old content. Ive always played alliance but am interested in some of the Horde allied races so this is a great chance for me to check them out.

being new to the game and dreading the unlocking chains for all the allied races, this is wonderful news to me. I can’t wait to play LFD, Void Elves, Vulpera . The others I don’t care much about, but I’m glad i was just able to focus on leveling during the winds event and now don’t have to unlock the races at all.

2 Likes

You still have the nerd points for unlocking then though. And that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

They are also giving away Flying now at level 30 as well as free mount training at 10 and 20. You don’t even need to visit the trainer, though Flying does need you to talk to someone and get your free flying mount.

Yeah that training was always expensive.

2 Likes

I unlocked them all at the time, sometimes not quite immediately on the Alliance ones.

I think this is a great move, as having a new player NOT be able to play whatever race they wanted is pretty dumb.

2 Likes

You know exactly what we’re called, you shambling, pulse-less corpse.

He knew that.

He knew that.

He knew th-…
:unamused:
“Of course you realize, this means war.” - Bugs Bunny

3 Likes