Allied race requirements getting removed?

Where do you read in the patch notes that you need to “Complete the relevant Allied Race Unlock Quest”. It very clearly states all requirements have been removed, besides having a lvl 40 character. It also shows on every single race that the requirements have been met, green checkmark on lvl 40. So don’t post information that you have no idea about.

I know because before I did the Nightborne AR questline today, I couldn’t make a Nightborne.

So don’t post information that you have no idea about.

I didn’t read it in the patch notes. I LITERALLY went through the process INGAME.

I literally did all of the things I posted that you need to do. Because the game forced me to do them in order to unlock the Allied Race.

So CLEARLY the patch notes left out some details.

But go ahead, level to 40, and then go straight to the character creation screen and try to make an Allied Race that you haven’t unlocked yet, without doing the Race Unlock quest.

Tell us how that works out for you.

1 Like

I’m posting my information from the blue post patch notes. So I guess I have no idea what I’m talking about along with blizzard? So confused by your comment. lmao

Yes, this is correct.

I’ve done the entire Allied Unlock process for Zandalari Troll, as it is, right now, in 10.1.5.

I had to:

1. Have a level 40 character.
  2. Take that level 40 character to the Embassy in Orgrimmar.
  3. Get the Allied Race Unlock Quest from the Embassy Panda.
  4. Do the Allied Race Unlock Quest.

I still have the other 3 race quests left to do (Vulpera, Highmountain, Maghar). Until I do those, those options in my Character Creation screen are greyed out and I cannot create them, despite having several level 60+ characters.

You can quote the blue text all you want. This process is what exists, IN THE GAME, RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

uh huh.

thought so.

The patch notes said that, but that’s not what they did at all. Saying that restrictions have been removed and the “only requirement” is a lvl 40 character means that I can log in, and if I have a lvl 40 character, I can make the allied race from character creation. That’s not the case at all, so I consider this a very misleading patch note…

I haven’t gotten to one of these scenarios yet but I’d say you’re still looking at 1-2 hours per race, though someone may need to correct me on that.

eh.

the Allied Race quests are generally pretty short. 20, 30 minutes tops. it’s mostly travel and listening to dialogue, followed by a short scenario.

It’s good, interesting lore, mainly.

The Zandalari quest, for instance, is Talanji’s Coronation.