Allied race requirements getting removed?

ah…that would explain the zandalari (at least) quest being broke as hell right now.

PTR testing…with no testing. Shocked pikachu face goes here.

2 Likes

I’ve only tried Zandalari, which is bugged, but there’s zero chance I’m doing any of the others if I can’t just make the character from character creation. I was totally misled about this lol.

3 Likes

You can play the race once you have finished the unlock quest. It’s just that the Zandalari Troll one is bugged rn.

But the cold opener…

I started the Lightforged quest line on my slightly geared level 70 mage.

All was well until I got killed by a Mob with 445K health. I could not make headway on that level of a mob. Rezzed my corpse and where did I land? Right on top of that same 445K health mob who promptly killed me with in seconds again. Rezzed again and the same thing happened. Did not even have time to run away from it.

So I gave up and teleported back to Ironforge.

leave it to Blizzard to create another stupid mess for me to deal with. Thanks for getting my hopes up and then dash them.

I did manage to unlock Void Elf but frankly they look like and play like a normal Blood Elf from what I can see. I did roll one and got it to level 21.

All I have unlocked on Alliance is Dark Iron Dwarfs and Void Elfs.

I have two level 70’s and a bunch of level 40 characters.

2 Likes

I mean, they did clearly say in the patch notes, all restrictions are removed and the only requirement is a lvl 40 character. They just need to work out the kinks on this one I guess??

3 Likes

Try getting some 379 greens off AH. It may help.

1 Like

lol, well, I mean, they obviously worked hard on them. But then they put them behind an extremely annoying and out-of-the-way grind. It just seems like these races would be being played by 10x more players if they just… let people play them. Always felt like that was such a weird move.

It’s like Blizzard can’t give the game any new life without including juuust enough suffering to make people not want to indulge. I wouldn’t put it past them to put a HD Texture / World Revamp behind a Pet Battle tournament achievement or something dumb like that.

bec there shouldnt be a quest at all

wait for a hotfix soon

there shouldnt be any quest line

blizz was very clear about this – all you need is a lvl 40 char

this is why so many ppl are unable to complete the unlock quest… its bugged bec it shouldnt exist

1 Like

Did as you suggested. Got almost a full set of 379 greens of the AH for very little gold.

Went from ilvl 333 to 378.

Thanks for the advice. I will give this a try.

1 Like

Thank god they did this, I was waiting for them to unlock Kul Tirans since I unlocked all the other allied races. I missed playing BFA and there was simply way too much to do and way too confusing (especially before they allowed Flying in BFA too, btw), that for an ole grandma like me I just couldn’t do it and figured I could just wait it out until…today, apparently! So thank you Blizz for finally doing this

No problem and good luck.

you have to:

1. Be Level 40
  2. Visit the Embassy Panda
  3. Complete the relevant Allied Race Unlock Quest(which generally takes like 20 minutes or so give or take)

What you DO NOT have to do:

1. Reputation Grind
  2. Complete Campaign Achievements

The Zandalari Troll quest is bugged, it tells you to go see a NPC that isn’t where they are supposed to be.

I was able to finally unlock my Zandalari by collecting ALL of the available Race Unlock quests at once from the Embassy Panda. Somehow, that unbugged the Zandalari quest for me.

Well I managed to screw it all up.

Getting Geared up was the reason because I had to leave the Scenario. I just could not handle 445K mobs.

Now I have no way to get back there and I abandoned the other quests.

Now I cannot get them back.

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me.

Have you checked the panda at the embassy or the questgiver (forgot who) at Silvermoon City?

I did go back to the Embassy and there was nothing there. I will go to Silvermoon City and see what I can find. I am hoping.

Based on the comments on the Wowhead post for this quest (Remember the Sunwell), you should be able to abandon the quest and restart the scenario.

I was doing the Alliance Quests…not the Horde Quests.

I have no level 70’s on the Horde side.

I am just totally screwed on this one.

Oh derp. I thought you were talking about the Nightborne quest for some reason. Sorry. :bowing_woman:

Same logic though. You should be able to go back to the questgiver at the Vindicaar and restart the scenario.

You may find the comments on the Wowhead page helpful.

Again, sorry for the confusion.