Allied race requirements getting removed?

Yo, I see Blizzard finally did the logical thing and made all of these new races, uh, playable.

Thing is, I still can’t figure it out. I heard the restrictions were being dropped, but I’m asked to go to some embassy thing. Don’t know what that is or where and kind of lost interest. Thought I’d just be able to play the game.

Anyone know when the rest of the required stuff is going to be removed? Just trying to make the character. Not a complaint or anything I don’t mind waiting but I’ll just play another char if I still have to do stuff.

3 Likes

You talk to the panda emissary in the Embassy then run the scenario for the Allied Race from what I’ve heard.

3 Likes

Uh, I’ll just wait until the patch where they are added as regular races like normal. Thanks!

3 Likes

The scenario takes like 5 mins but sure, you keep waiting for something that may or may not happen.

14 Likes

Another question - if I just pay for a race change, can I do it that way?

1 Like

No, you still need to do the unlock questline.

4 Likes

Meh, it’s not an “active waiting”. If it happens, cool, if not, cool. I don’t mind.

1 Like

At least you’re not one of those people who are like “I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW BUT I DON’T WANT TO DO YOUR STUPID QUEST AKDHD JUST UNLOCK IT YOU STUPID COMPANY”.

1 Like

I’m going to be honest, I’m pretty sure it is bugged. I tried to “unlock” the Zandalari for a few minutes but pretty much gave up after they made me run around looking for NPCs on a toon I never play.

Has anyone unlocked Zandalari today? Where are you finding this Emissary dude?

3 Likes

Zandalari is bugged. Lots of things are bugged.

Try next week. :frowning:

And yeah, the scenarios are actually kinda fun and interesting and don’t take long at all.

1 Like

The Zandalari one is indeed bugged. I was able to do the Nightborne one just fine.

I’m not sure about the others.

I’ll be much more tolerant of such things over the weekend. I think the fact that it’s not something I can do on my main (wrong faction) makes me just tune out, like it’s not a real part of the game. It feels more like updating my Battle.net email address or some other kind of executive task lol.

1 Like

I doubt the actual unlock quest will ever be removed, they were only removing the requirements you had to meet to unlock the quest chain (such as completing the BFA War Campaign for Zandalari and Kul Tiran).

I honestly don’t know why they said “all you need is a level 40 character!” And didn’t put in there, “but you need to run the scenarios.”

Granted, I think people should have to run the scenarios, but it would’ve been nice to tell people that.

6 Likes

It would be nice if the scenario quests worked . I’d like zandalari trolls but I can’t bcuz the quest giver is physically not there on multiple horde toons . Regardless of meeting the requirements.

2 Likes

I hear you. I was solely Alliance before SL and had to level a BE Paladin from scratch just so I can unlock Zandalari Trolls.

That was painful lol.

Typical patch day bugs. Hopefully they will fix it sooner than later. Sometime this week would be nice.

1 Like

Yeah… it’s like I was just under the impression that I would be able to hop on after work and finally try out the new races with all of my usual setup and addons.

I was able to make the new races on PTR just fine. I just thought I’d be able to finally just play them that’s all. The original requirements were totally out of the question period, the current ones… maybe next holiday weekend or something.

It’s just a little disappointing to finally think you will be able to do something unimpeded and then the game’s like “go here, go to wowhead and figure out what that is, talk to him, no, over there, click all of these banner things, irrelevant, go to a different continent, talk to this guy - oh wait, sorry, he’s not there.” It’s time for bed already lol.

I will try to unlock them when the bug is fixed but I’m 99% sure I’ll get side tracked and end up actually playing the game until the rest of these errands are removed.

3 Likes

Yeah same for now I’ll focus on leveling my new space goat lock .

Does anyone know of by leveling them if they get special pets for being space goats . Like how void elf hunters were. Where if u wanted to to have a void pet you have to level a void elf hunter from scratch and not boost it .

2 Likes

I faction-changed mine so I have no idea. Maybe try asking in a separate thread or in the Warlock forums.

1 Like

So, I’m not an idiot? We can’t actually play the races yet? I was going around starting the quest line… like wtf? lmao.

2 Likes