Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

What I means is giving it motifs that more resemble their birthform, the Kaliri.

Shorten and squat the face and beak, give it a more vibrant hue of colors, things like that.

Similarly, an ACTUAL Owlbear instead of a boomkin for the bear form would fit right in.

2 Likes

:bird:

i like birds give bird race

5 Likes

Simplistic view on the matter. Still, there is a lot of work to do.

2 Likes

Good to have you aboard.

Letā€™s go get our birbs! :bird:

2 Likes

BUMP BUMP BUMP! Make it happen

4 Likes

Arakkoa are more likely to be a core race than an allied one.

4 Likes

Honestly, that might be the case, but only ActiBlizz can say for certain.

Either way, it means playable Arakkoa.

lol Not sure thatā€™s still legal, but thanks. ^-^ :bird:

3 Likes

Oh my bad /: I didnt know.

I think Arrakoa would be best done like the hunched version with Forsaken frame. so could still be AR.

3 Likes

Not a problem.

Yeah, that would be for the best efficiency to effort translation.

2 Likes

Perhaps the High Arakkoa, but what of the Cursed Arakkoa who can use the Forsaken Frame as a remodel base?

2 Likes

Iā€™m still into the idea.

3 Likes

Now that we have a few ARs under our belts, you can kind of get a feel for which races theyā€™re planning on making playable.

The one big thing that each has is a faction to get exalted with. The Sethrak donā€™t have a faction, but the Arakkoa do!

3 Likes

Arakkoa have a few reps in-game, donā€™t they? I should work on those while Iā€™m thinking about it.

When allied races were first announced, I actually thought of looking through all the in-game reps to see what races possibly correspond to them. I even got a few exalted of some of the races I was hoping would be playable, but it seems like Blizzard would just make a new race for people to work on if any rep was required.

Itā€™s a neat idea though, and it would give some importance to older reps and content. Still, Iā€™d wager a new rep would be put in-game if anything for any new races forthcoming.

4 Likes

They do, but all the reps involved have something to do with the expansion that the AR was released in.

Velves = Argussian Reach from Legion
Magā€™har = Honorbound from BfA.

So far, only Rajani and Uldum Accord are available in 8.3 which makes me believe that we might be getting something related to the Mogu and Tolā€™vir in some way.

Hopefully, this isnā€™t the case, and we wind up getting a pleasant surprise by having one of them be a fake-out.

3 Likes

Idk, both playable mogu and tolā€™vir sounds like great additions to me. Also, I remember someone saying that the davs were coming to the end of a list of planned ARs and then might look at ones wanted by players (which makes me think that this round is most definitely not our best shot at playable arakkoa).

3 Likes

Do you happen to have a source for this? Last I heard, there allegedly was general feedback being taken for races people want playable in some fashion, and Iā€™m wondering if that may have evolved into what you mentioned. Would be neat to see the chances of races I want playable increase. <- <;

Also, Iā€™m not really too big of a fan of Mogu, myself, since they are the mortal enemies of one of my most wanted races. <- <;;

4 Likes

Wish I could remember who said it, but I donā€™t think they pointed out a source for it either. :frowning:

4 Likes

I hope so, Elissawe. Otherwise, weā€™ll have to speed up our efforts. pulls out camping mats with tents and a map titled ā€œHow to get to ActiBlizz HQā€

They arenā€™t JUST the mortal enemies, they were creations OF the Mogu themselves.

3 Likes

Indeed. They use to be lizards minding their own business until the Mogu used a painful process to turn them into slave-soldiersā€¦and then the Saurok rebelled, handed their collective butts to them, and even tossed one of their leaders over a cliff they scaled and likely ripped him to shreds at the bottom. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, regardless of what happens, I feel like weā€™ll still see more core and allied races in the future, so continuing to show support for races people want would still be a good idea. I know I will continue to do so! :smiley:

5 Likes

Itā€™s about all we CAN do atm. None of us actively work at ActiBlizz currentlyā€¦

4 Likes