Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

Iā€™d actually like to see high arakkoa have no less than three different racials related to flight. One would just be running wild for flying. Having to cast can even make sense as having to use magic to summon winds to be able to fly that fast or far.

Another would be gliding. Should work like DH gliding, but without the double jump, doesnā€™t have to have a great glide ratio (though that would be a plus), I mostly just feel like an airworthy bird person ought to be able to manage that and it would be silly for them be dying to falling damage (hopefully this wouldnā€™t be considered to overlap too much with Zandalari.).

The other is tricky, as Iā€™m not sure how exactly it would work, but Iā€™d like some form of instant flight thatā€™s limited in some, preferably fun, way, maybe jump would get replaced by flap to gain altitude and youā€™d keep moving forward? (I played a lot of Joust), or a short cooldown ā€œpushā€ like emerald winds that plays with the gliding. I donā€™t know, I enjoyed flying as a harpy for the occasional underbelly potion daily in Dalaran, but I think something more fun could probaly be done.

4 Likes

So in other words, you want a Flappy Birb racial. XD :bird:

I think that would be busted for BGs since not even mages would be able to stop you from just swooping down into the flag area, nabbing the flag and just flying off with it.

Or even bypassing entire battles/barriers.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be okay with it only being usable in areas where I could fly anyway. I think the draenor orc hulk toy probaly got the jumping removed because it was too much of an advantage in no-fly zones.

And if need be, it coul be limited to out-of-combat, which would pretty much turn it into a convenience racial, though if some suitably nerfed form (maybe just a cooldown limited jump) worked in combat (or even where I canā€™t ride my flying mount) that would be even better.

3 Likes

I suppose so, but that would assume that Blizzard do not give Arakkoa some generic wind or light-themed attack insteadā€¦

I would not mind a racial DH glide if it meant that we jump higher than the DH to make up for the lack of horizontal distance.

3 Likes

Which is the other thing about the racial flying ability. Even if you couldnā€™t fly, you could still use it as a normal mount; you just wouldnā€™t be able to get off the ground without jumping over a cliff and it COULD give you the same sort of floating effect Druidā€™s ā€œFlapā€ does.

3 Likes

That wouldnā€™t be bad, and shouldnā€™t be game breaking since various classes can do some version of that.

Edit: I consider the DH-style glide to be at least as important, though, being able to recover from running off a cliff really feels like it should be there.

3 Likes

Sorry for overlooking this comment. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Btw, found that Discord Link: `https://discord.gg/GpzAauX.

Druids and priests immediately come to mind.

2 Likes

ā€¦and mages

4 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot they had slow fall, too. ^-^ā€™

My bad.

2 Likes

These guys were my favourite part of Draenor! I would love to have an Arrakoa allied race :smiley:!

5 Likes

WoD was the deal sealer for me ā€“ it expounded on so much of the lore that was missing, some of which still needs some explaining here and there, but also gave us a look at what the Arakkoaā€™s home USED to be.

Spires of Arak remains, to this day, my favorite zone in-game and the BEST Leveling Zone in the game.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in for arakkoa race, I would prefer the option for both forms (I prefer the standing tall ones which are more true to rukhmars original creation, the hiers of Arak) so people can choose technically what is the equivalent of the orcs hunched/straight option.

I want me an arakkoa druid!

4 Likes

You and me both, sister.

3 Likes

Yesss leafy cat birbs for all!

3 Likes

lol Letā€™s focus on getting Arakkoa into the game first, then see about doing what the Vulpera fans are for their druids if itā€™s needed.

2 Likes

Owlcat would have made a perfect form for Arakkoa in legion now that I think about it.

3 Likes

Owlcat is already a magetower Druid form, Iā€™m afraidā€¦

Unless youā€™re talking about the Priest Order Hall mountsā€¦

2 Likes

Actually owlcat is not Mage tower :wink: it is a hidden skin you can unlock by going to the class hall :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Either way, it would need to be overhauled into something else before it can be used.

Still, food for thought.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean, was just making an offhanded remark that given the bird like look of the form it would have been very fitting to the arakkoa had they made it a race in Legion :slight_smile:

(P.s: you can still unlock the hidden form now even after Legion, just check the guides on Wowhead)

3 Likes