Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa 🐦

Okay, so while it’s not relevant to BfA, it seems as though the last Arakkoa to be seen (anywhere in MU) were the ones in the Traveler which was 3-4 years before the events of BfA…

Huh…

2 Likes

I think someone mentioned that before.

2 Likes

Maybe, but any interest is worth watching, no?

2 Likes

Lightforged Undead Garbage Gnomes?

3 Likes

I’ve wanted to be an Arakkoa since Burning Crusade.

It’s been a long wait.

5 Likes

Yes, it has, Akazzi. Welcome to the clutch! :bird:

3 Likes

If that is what Mechagnomes are, then yes.

2 Likes

That would be way worse than garbage gnomes.

3 Likes

I like this guy. XD

3 Likes

Favorite NPC race in WoW (well besides the dragons). YES PLEASE!

4 Likes

Welcome to the clutch! :bird:

It’s going to be a bumpy ride, though, so let’s get ourselves girded up for Blizzcon.

4 Likes

Still hoping to see playable Arakkoa. The fact that the rig itself is a playable druid form (Zanda chicken) could mean something good. Less work for them = higher possibility.

4 Likes

It very well could, but we can’t forget the Low Arakkoa rig also got updates (in the form of new animations for the Witches of Drustvar).

4 Likes

Yes, which is another good feather forward for Arakkoa. ^^

4 Likes

I am curious, though, on what druid forms the Arakkoa could have if they do become druids.

I just hope they do not pull another Zandalari by making the Moonkin form for the Arakkoa just the Low/Cursed Form.

2 Likes

That seems to be the laziest way ActiBlizz could do it, but we’ll have to see if they even get druids if they become playable.

2 Likes

I doubt there will be druid arakkoa but as one who really only plays druid that is what i hope for most with the race. but these forms better have feathers.

Also hoping for blizzard to make another glyph just like astral form but a solar version like the talent we had in wod since high arakkoa are all about the sun from what i’ve seen. If we dont get a nice looking moonkin form, atleast i could be my majestic bird person in a shiny way.

3 Likes

Agreed, but we still have the Glyph of Sunfall at least. ^-^

2 Likes

Apologies if someone has already touched on this, but I’m not about to read all 557 replies. I am a big fan of birds though and would love arakkoa! That said…

With the knowledge that High Exarch Yrel of the Lightbound forced the orcs, and thus presumably all sentient creatures on Draenor, to bend to the Light’s will or face annihilation, where would playable arakkoa come from? Are they from Outland? Those races are largely hostile, I think. By the end of WoD, however, many Draenor arakkoa side with the Alliance and Horde via the Order of the Awakened, but again, the Lightbound are an issue. I don’t think I would mind arakkoa joining us in Azeroth to flee the Lightbound, but I would be concerned about the similarities between the arakkoa and the mag’har.

Just my thoughts! Iirc, WoD characters were fighting across all of Draenor during the mag’har quests to oppose the Lightbound. Perhaps an arakkoa questline could incorporate a known WoD character aside from Grom and Yrel?

4 Likes

Well it’s nice to meet another fan of our birbs. Now, onto your statement about someone touching on someth–

Oh yeah, that… ^-^’

Indeed, it was touched upon here…

Well long story short, the idea is that there is at least one way that the Arakkoa from Draenor can escape from Yrel. Namely… A specific inert waygate outside of Stormwind. While yes, this seems to be closed off in our realm, I have reason to believe that it is far from fully closed.

Namely the Shadowlands.

Whatever happens on our end isn’t fully reflected there and as such it leaves the possibility of the gate being open still yet no one’s actually tried going through it while they’re dead/in the Shadowlands.

Another idea involves the Arakkoa having already escaped with the Mag’har and finding refuge somewhere on Azeroth like the Saberon and Botani. This one seems less likely, but I actually can confirm there was at least one Arakkoa that escaped. I even did the Mag’har quest twice to try and see if I wasn’t being tricked.

Well there’s not that many known characters for the Arakkoa aside from Reshad, Anzu, and Terokk. So those three would be obligatory for anything involving the Arakkoa.

2 Likes