Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

Agreed, and I just really love Spires of Arak zone so much.

I also use the Sacred Memory of Rukhmar toy whenever I can to be a birb myself (although thanks to the derp run Male Worgen have now, I actually HAVE to use it AND all my Arakkoa toys all at onceā€¦ T^T :bird:).

Maybe, but itā€™s the one restriction Ion himself set into placeā€¦ As long as the race is naturally bipedal, it can qualify as an Allied Race.

There are also bipedal dragonkin.

Preachinā€™ to the choirā€¦ T^T :bird:

Yeah, but due to this expansion being the introduction to ARs, it was bound to be overdone before they settle on a schedule or routine.

5 Likes

yeah trueā€¦well hopefully they keep the system but iā€™d really like to see more lore buildup before the addition of new races. There are some that belong in the game by now (in my opinion) and others that could have used a little more time to catch up and ā€œget in lineā€. I think Dark Iron Dwarves were a good choice for alliance for example - they also had a lot of lore sprinkled over the years which is pretty neat. I think void elves coulda used more time, especially with the Alleria character growthā€¦just my opinion tho :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, would actually be pretty cool seeing those guys in unique armor setsā€¦dragons would be the next elves tho if we could pick themā€¦which iā€™d imagine would happen if dragon isles or the emerald dream ever got dedicated expansions!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be honestā€¦ I donā€™t have high hopes for Emerald Dream to be a fully fledged expansion ā€“ not on its own.

It would need something like the Shadowlands to really be able to fill out content over an entire expac; life v. death, yā€™know?

Dragon Isles, on the other hand, could be the staging ground for such an expansion.

3 Likes

I have to agree it would be cool, but also would backfire as you have mentionedā€¦

3 Likes

Imagine thinking up Arakkoa and somehow NOT adding Warlock to the classes available despite all the dark magic theyā€™ve been known to do

OP that was quite the oversight

3 Likes

Fixed.

No need to be so edgy manā€¦we have way too much of that around here already.

1 Like

THAT was edgy? No need to be so sensitive, damn. I wasnā€™t insulting him or anything.

3 Likes

i thought it came off that way.

you donā€™t have to insult someone to be edgy my dude. but it is what it is.

1 Like

Sorry, I fell asleep.

Regardless, yes I know about all the dark magic they deal with, but it is more in-line with Shadow Priest than it is with Warlocks. Besides, if these were meant to be the AU Arakkoa, they would agreeably make any practice of fel magic the new taboo.

At least thatā€™s how I view it.

It was a legitimate complaint that I feel he had every right to get off his chest. Besides, Iā€™m a DK. Only thing edgier than me is a DH with an attitude problem. ^-^

4 Likes

That is a reasonable observation.

This, however, is notā€¦ You are a swashbuckling pirate of the Alliance. You have about as much edge as a bowling ball.

2 Likes

Oi! You see this hat? Itā€™s a Naval Captainā€™s hat, thank you very muchā€¦

Eh, canā€™t winā€™em all. XD

1 Like

Which type of Arakkoa would be more interesting though? The Dark Crystal style that have had their wings cut or the tall, lanky, majestic ones that have their wings in tact?

Though, it would be cool to see a running wild equivalent for flight~

3 Likes

Personally, I just canā€™t chooseā€¦

So why even bother choosing if you can have both? :woman_shrugging: :bird:

2 Likes

He does have a point. I would prefer the High Arakkoa, but how long would it be before I got tired of it?

A very long time, but when that time does comes I will have another option to go with eventually and still be able to play the same character that I started on.

2 Likes

Me too! Fly like a Eagle!

3 Likes

Fixed.

Hence why one of the racials I made was their equivalent of Running Wild; except it turns into a flying mount once you reach lv 60 and are somewhere flying is allowed.

3 Likes

Huhā€¦

I was curious about why you didnā€™t really specify which Arakkoa you wanted.

Guess it all makes sense, now.

3 Likes

No. Stop giving them more garbage ideas.

I prefer the exiled arakkoa.

3 Likes

They cannot get worse than garbage gnomes.

Oh thatā€™s right ā€“ ā€œliteralā€ garbage gnomes exist and will become playable.

2 Likes