Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

You and me bothā€¦

But we got no choice.

3 Likes

No choice in what? Waiting until Blizzcon before having any information given to us by the developers?

2 Likes

Pretty much. Weā€™re stuck waiting for Blizzcon to see what they have in store.

3 Likes

Honestly, a lot of things have been going downā€¦

You okay with trying to keep this going?

3 Likes

Honestly, until Blizzcon comes out and/or ActiBlizz say something, thereā€™s not much else I can do.

Just gotta keep pushing forward for the cause of Playable Arakkoa.

5 Likes

Sethrak are far more likely

As an Allied Race, yes, but so are Saberon and Saurok since all three of them use the Worgen rigs.

Forsaken rigs, on the other hand, thereā€™s very few races other than Arakkoa, Skinny KT, and LF Forsaken that CAN use them.

2 Likes

We havenā€™t encountered the intellectually stunted Saberon since WoD

And the Saurok are also incapable of society

Not directly, but we have seen them escaping into Azeroth thanks to the Magā€™har questline ā€“ same goes for the Botani (whom I still believe are the bigger threat).

Try telling that to the ones that are members of the Bilge Rats in Kul Tiras.

3 Likes

Least wanted race, they look like crap and probably smell it too. Hang it up

That would be the Mechagnomes, good sir.

Even now, people are trying to reject the fact that theyā€™re being added.

3 Likes

Agreed; Mechagnomes were the most asked race to ā€œnotā€ add into the game. Yet Blizzard are still doing it.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re probably the cost for being able to play Vulpera. To which I think Iā€™ll accept.

2 Likes

It still baffles me that a race like arakkoa were brought back in WoD and given a much deeper backstory with interesting lore and they did absolutely nothing with that. But a new race like Vulpera got scooped up immediately when all I know about them is they are resourceful and like alpacas.

3 Likes

When you put it that wayā€¦ yeah, it kinda doesnā€™t make sense.

The only thing I can think of is if ActiBlizz make Arakkoa a Core Race, butā€¦ I donā€™t think weā€™re due for one just yet.

Canā€™t give up hope that they add them, though ā€“ not until they explicitly say ā€œWeā€™re not adding Arakkoa; everā€.

3 Likes

i knew the allied race idea was bad when they first implemented itā€¦and i called that the forums would be littered with ā€œMake ____ an allied raceā€ from that day forward.

Mistake imo but thatā€™s just my opinion - glad people are enjoying it for themselves. I personally donā€™t participate much in the grindsā€¦unless they added Cenarion/Dryad to the gameā€¦but thatā€™s cuz iā€™m a big warcraft 3 player :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As the Talon Queen, I support this.

4 Likes

Either way, it opens up the avenue for just about any bipedal race.

whispers Sorry, Centaurs, Naga, and Dryadsā€¦ But youā€™re stuck on the Core waiting listā€¦

Yay! Another to join the cause! XD :bird:

Also, Iā€™ve never taken the Talon King title off since I got it except to occasionally see how long I can make my name. lol

4 Likes

I was so moved/impressed by the Arakkoa storyline that I pursued a title for the first time. Itā€™s my most-used, because I like it for what it is, but also because it swaps with gender of character.

4 Likes

they can easily bypass the bipedal race thing. They already have a unique system with the Worgen race where you can assume a human formā€¦

you also see it with Dragons where they can assume a humanoid race so theyā€™re not always in dragon form.

THat can be applied to cenarion/dryads/nagas/centaurs because they have strong ties to humanoid races in loreā€¦in factā€¦some races are literally descendants of playable races in the game! I donā€™t think it has to be explained for centaur/dryad/cenarions, but even naga have ties to elvesā€¦

I just personally think they could have added really strong choices for true allied races before adding fox people that iā€™ve never seen in warcraft everā€¦and i have played since tides of darkness was released. Iā€™m talking races like ogres, stuff like that.

The horde allied races added in BFA tho (Zandalari and the tauren/orcs) make 100% sense and were great choicesā€¦not a fan of fox people, or the void elves tbh, but the system could be used in neat ways for future content! as long as itā€™s not overdoneā€¦and right now, i feel that itā€™s way overdone lol

3 Likes