Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

The happiest moments of playing WoW these days are the brief 5- or 15-minute periods where Rhukmarā€™s Sacred Memory, Cursed Feather of Iskan, or Time-Lost Figurine is active.

They cannot kill hope.

3 Likes

Agreed. Nothingā€™s more fun than walking around as one of the Arakkoa nowadays.

2 Likes

Except perhaps playing one 24/7 with the aid of the Zandalari Boomkin form.

2 Likes

Iā€™m bummed by the new AR announcement. I fully expected it, but still feel let down in a way.

Vulpera are-- relatively speaking-- an incredibly new race and donā€™t have a whole lot of lore development, but it seems like they were pushed to the front because foxes are overwhelmingly popular. Blizz certainly knows this with their store selling fox plushies, mounts, and game pets. Yet this could set an unfortunate precedent for other potential races like Arakkoaā€¦ that new options arenā€™t being added for lore or story fits anymore, but due to sheer popularity.

Then again mechgnomes donā€™t appear to be very popular, so perhaps Iā€™m being paranoid. Itā€™s just a worrying sign and Iā€™d hate for the last shreds of hope for Arakkoa PCs to be smushed because theyā€™re not yet another cute, fuzzy mammal race. Which is just silly because Arakkoa -are- incredibly cute! Their /sleep and /eat animations are so sweet.

4 Likes

Popularity seems to be the main driving point. The more popular something is, the more Blizz will want to add it in, and when they do they add it to the Horde for the most part.

LFD vs Nightborne? Nightborne went to Horde.
Vulpera vs Mechagnomes? Vulpera went to Horde.
Magā€™har and Zandalari both had no choice but to go to Horde.

The only exception is DID.

3 Likes

If that were the case, then would High Elves or Ethereals not be playable by now?

I do not think there are many who feel like that. I am indifferent on the matter.

2 Likes

Regardless, unless ActiBlizz outright say ā€œWeā€™re not adding playable Arakkoa ever!ā€, we canā€™t be too certain one way or the other.

In fact, the Witches that used the Low Arakkoa models were given more animations than the original models. So its a safe bet that they at least have something planned for the Low Arakkoa.

Edit: I adjusted the formatting a bit to clean up OP some.

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort it took to clean up the post, but do you think it was a good idea to hide the bulk of the OP like that?

2 Likes

Eh, thatā€™ll depend on the opinions of others, but I hope to get some feedback on the matter.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to ask what the general consensus would be for Arakkoa being either a core or an allied race.

My opinion for some races is that they might be better designed and treated as a core race, where more development time could be used to fine-tune the playable models and offer a bit more options in the character creation compared to a possible ā€œcrunch timeā€ when making allied races.

In theory, would Arakkoa being a core race be more likely to give us both forms as an option compared to them being an allied race? Just asking out of curiosity, of course, as I have seen people wanting both forms of Arakkoa when mentioning that they want them playable. I, personally, lean towards the high Arakkoa model more.

3 Likes

God I want to be a bird so bad. I mean, itā€™s already my entire rp story but I would like the outside to match the inside.

Praise the sun.

4 Likes

As an Allied Race, it allows for ActiBlizz to make a bit of a creative turning point by using the Forsaken rigs to re-create the Low Arakkoa model so they can allow armor models on the Low Arakkoa ā€“ thus making it easier to make them playable.

High Arakkoa, on the other hand, could be considered a core race as their frame is already perfect for armor save for the head. All it would need is to add attachment points to the High Arakkoa models and then finish off whatever animations are left.

I agree with that sentiment 100%.

Just NOT this oneā€¦ We could get in trouble with the Tauren and another franchise altogether for that. ^-^

3 Likes

Do you think this will have any affect on what classes Arakkoa will become?

2 Likes

Death birdsā€¦ O>0

3 Likes

Honestly, that would depend on if ActiBlizz release Arakkoa before then.

If that does happen, Iā€™m so race-changing.

2 Likes

They could have a dk customization that makes them look like theyā€™re missing feathers. They could look vulture-like. thatā€™d be cool.

3 Likes

That would make them even MORE like the Skeksis! XD Yis!

3 Likes

I am already a nearly naked Arakkoa without my feathers as it isā€¦

I do not want to roll an Arakkoa just to relive my days of suffering without Playable Arakkoaā€¦ That is too mean.

2 Likes

Eh, I donā€™t mind it.

At least itā€™ll be a fun day seeing a vulture Arakkoa. XD

2 Likes

If that does happen, I would very much hope to see what customization options would be available sooner rather than later.

4 Likes