Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa šŸ¦

Considering they already have female forms but are designed after the Draenei, even using their rigs, Iā€™m confident we wonā€™t be seeing them being playable before 9.0ā€¦

Especially since the Forsaken and Worgen rigs STILL need to be used.

2 Likes

It will take some time, of courseā€¦

If they are using the core race rigs as religiously as people suspect, then this is the only logical recourse left.

2 Likes

It actually sounds kinda fun.

3 Likes

I think both should be in game, and on the same side, even (especially?) if that is both sides.

I wish to play a high arakkoa.

Lorewise, if theyā€™re coming from AU draenor, the cursed arakkoa can help their non-shadowy brethren, either by using their magic on them (as they did for us in spires of arak), or (maybe more interestingly) being the ones to do the work establishing a way for them all to come over. And it only even needs to be this way if itā€™s because of the shadowlands thing.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone likes it. XD

Well thatā€™s whatā€™s making me think either weā€™ve got our kind coming in 9.0 or weā€™re not coming at all.

The Shadowlands is the last, perfect time to introduce the Arakkoa as a PC race. BC was way too late since we had so little info to go off of and by then most of them went berserk with the curse, and WoD was just a little too soon because we had JUST gotten that lore we needed to flesh them out AND had to deal with Gulā€™dan first and foremost.

3 Likes

Hence why I asked if he truly believed his idea actually was as dumb as he made it out to be.

3 Likes

Fair enough :smiley:

3 Likes

Even so, glad to have you still on board with us as we take the final few plunges into Blizzcon. :bird:

2 Likes

That being saidā€¦

I do not think dying is the best way of introducing the Arakkoa to Azerothā€¦

2 Likes

Ugh the only thing I want is playable arakkoa. No matter how itā€™s gotta happen. Yes please.

3 Likes

Agreed, itā€™s the only thing Iā€™ve asked for since back in WoD.

2 Likes

It is good to see another joining our cause.

2 Likes

Arrakoa will never happen. It didnā€™t happen during WoD and it wont happen now. Also good luck getting any set of armor to fit on them. Give it up theyā€™re never happening.

They shouldnā€™t even bother continuing WoW at all.

Just start working on Warcraft 4 and be done with it!

No more OC BS!

Regardless, every comment you make on these threads brings more attention to them.

You may as well not even bother replying to one of these if you want them to die off instead of trying to fan the flames yourself by merely replying ā€œX is never happening, get over it.ā€ for it will not change the minds of the fans responsible for them.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Any attention is positive attention. Why do you think ActiBlizz kept the names of the DDoS attackers hidden from the public?

Same principle here.

3 Likes

Honestly, I find it surprising how anyone actually keeps up with anything anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah, good pointā€¦

Especially with how ActiBlizz handle storytelling as a whole.

2 Likes

At times, I am just as surprised that Blizzard can keep up with their own loreā€¦

2 Likes

In all honesty, Iā€™m not that surprised at allā€¦

2 Likes