Allied Race Faction Change question

Not getting decent feedback in other forums so i'm asking this here.

I play horde and have unlocked Mag'har. I want to Faction change to Alliance and play Dark Iron. If I Faction change the Character that is exalted with Honorbound and is already a Mag'har, Will Dark Iron be an available option when I faction change? Or will I have to Faction change to a random race, do the scenario, THEN race change again to Dark iron.

Hopefully I don't have to pay extra money due to really bad allied race implementations....
11/12/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Acogz
Not getting decent feedback in other forums so i'm asking this here.

I play horde and have unlocked Mag'har. I want to Faction change to Alliance and play Dark Iron. If I Faction change the Character that is exalted with Honorbound and is already a Mag'har, Will Dark Iron be an available option when I faction change? Or will I have to Faction change to a random race, do the scenario, THEN race change again to Dark iron.

Hopefully I don't have to pay extra money due to really bad allied race implementations....
If you change factions, your reputations will convert, but you need to do the story-line/achievements for the other faction to get the scenario get the Dark Iron Dwarves.
1 Like
If I Faction change the Character that is exalted with Honorbound and is already a Mag'har, Will Dark Iron be an available option when I faction change?

Nope. If you haven't done the War Campaign or completed any of the Alliance storylines, you'll need to complete those as well, and then do the scenario to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves. You'll just have the reputation grind out of the way.
1 Like

How is it really bad implementation? You haven't earned the Dark Irons' allegiance on your account yet, why would you automatically be able to play as one?
1 Like
If I Faction change the Character that is exalted with Honorbound and is already a Mag'har, Will Dark Iron be an available option when I faction change?

No. The Dark Iron Dwarves won't be available until you met the requirements to unlock them and complete the questline that makes them part of the Alliance.

Your Honorbound reputation will convert to 7th Legion, but the others mentioned, you'll still need to complete the campaign and earn the "Ready for War" achievement before you'll be granted the quest that allows the Dark Iron Dwarves to join the Alliance.
1 Like
Thanks for the responses

To be honest, this is very frustrating. I'm paying Blizzard 55$ to transfer servers and Faction change. Then once I'm there, I now need to pay another 15$ after I complete a scenario that I've already completed on the horde equivalent....

Seems a bit convoluted huh?

Not sure if this is blizzards plan, or just poor planning on their part. If this was their plan, I guess there was $$ in their eyes?
The plan, Acogz, is for you to unlock an Allied Race while you are playing. Why would you be given an Allied Race for a Faction you haven't otherwise been playing?

It isn't about the $$, if it were, there wouldn't be systems in place that deter you from using a character service to simply switch over. Such as Heritage Armor, which requires you to level the character yourself and not use a short cut.
1 Like

I know this is super late to the conversation but you do mot have to do anything if you faction change but completed all requirements for either DI or Maghar.I just last night faction changed and was able to immediatly start quest for DI dwarfs without doing a single Alliance quest or Alliance war campaign

I also switched to the horde for the mag’har orcs and then i switched back and i have all the quests back in all the zones i already so i was wondering do I have to do them again or is that a bug?

Launch a ticket under Stuck on Quest and explain that you faction changed to the GM.