Alliance RP?

Okay, so I’ve been gone for a bit. Alliance RP hub used to be Stormwind in the Mage Quarter and Lion’s Rest. Swung by there now and both are pretty much deserted. Is Alliance RP still alive and just relocated?

1 Like

Sadly, age and developer incompetence have alienated a lot of the Alliance RP. It still exists, but oftentimes it’s sporadic and out in unexpected areas rather than Stormwind.

Like Orgrimmar. It’s a lot of fun hanging out in Orgrimmar.

2 Likes

I keep not getting around to joining in, but apparently there’s been a fair bit of mostly-Alliance RP happening these days in Duskwood, which I believe was spearheaded by Thomas Bates.

It might also be easier to find people in the right place at the right time by checking out the Wyrmrest Community Project, which as I understand it is not Alliance-only but has been Alliance-focused in an effort to revitalize the Alliance RP community.

5 Likes

Alliance RP is definitely alive on WrA, it’s just not always in Stormwind. Tonight there was an event in Stormwind and there was some great RP to be had there.

As was mentioned, there’s great RP in Duskwood. Plus there’s quite a few Alliance that’s busy with the Year of the Scourge/Y35 campaign in the Plaguelands. Some Allies are RPing in Val’sharah while some were at the Darkmoon Faire this week. It really is all over the place and helping to bring the world alive.

Definitely check out the Wyrmrest Community Project. Not only does it have a list of events going on, it can help direct you to where the community is on any given night.

3 Likes

A ghost appeared and used its ghosty powers to move all the RP to Duskwood.

Both IC and OOC

I’m not kidding

8 Likes

This is it. This is my legacy, isn’t it?

11 Likes

There a particular location in Duskwood? I buzzed through Darkshire last night and saw one person wander by who interacted with me briefly.

Mostly in Darkshire during the server’s evening (around 6-7 pm Server).
But keep in mind with all the nonsense plus this being End of Expansion Slump, things are understandably quiet.

2 Likes

Darkshire and along the roads is usually where you’ll find the Duskwood crew. Last night a good many folks were in Stormwind though for the Alliance Showcase. That’s probably why you didn’t see many folks last night in particular.

1 Like

There’s a pretty healthy community (200+ so far!) trying to foster organic RP on WrA, with an initial focus on Alliance RP. Literally hours before your post we hosted a hugely successful event in Cathedral Square that easily had 50+ people at peak times.

Walkup RP is waning, but we are also working to bring that back. If you’re serious about making friends on WrA Alliance (or neutral/Horde of course), come join us over at the Wyrmrest Community Project!

3 Likes

Some of us even RP walked all the way back to Darkshire after the event in Cathedral Square, and we found the inn quite lively.

Yeah, come join us in the WCP discord! Slowly but surely we’re bringing Alliance RP back to life.

2 Likes

Appreciate the pointers. I’ll check out the Discord. I will say I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to the greater efforts, but I would like to have something to participate in when I can play. :stuck_out_tongue: I tend to work nights, though. Sometimes only having one night off a week.

2 Likes

Why Darkshire/Duskwood. There nothing out there? Just a question.

1 Like

It’s an awesome forest with great backstory, a cool little town and lots of flavor. There’s tons of zones in WoW like Duskwood that are great set ups for world RP and guild bases.

4 Likes

Duskwood is an RP spot because Thomasbates refused to give up.

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/NwIXD0C.png

5 Likes