Alliance RP - Thoughts and Discussion

Eh. There’d be tension at the start, but let’s be honest here. The biggest issue would be the Big Movers of WrA are known, the Big Movers of MG are known…but not betwixt each other. I don’t think the more established folks are interested in sharing real estate and having to make introductions.

Big fish, small ponds and all that jazz.

End of the day, I think give us a month’s adjustment and you’d not really be able to tell where WrA started and MG ended.

Old Tyme Political Style Marriage, eh? I like how this is shaking up here. We marry our two houses, go out and reclaim some old lands. For too long have the fertile fields of Scarlet Crusade and Thorium Brotherhood been allowed to lay fallow!

4 Likes

It sounds like you’re stuck on this issue …

:drum:

Thanks! All this chatter about coffee dates and MG/ED mergers is too much. :rofl: I just spit the orange kool aid I was drinking, while watching “The Princess Bride”, all over my phone from laughing too hard!

For WrA!

1 Like

this but ALSO because i don’t want to pay a gorillion dollars to transfer like 30 Alliance characters from WrA to MG to join my friends’ guild

i mean honestly, if you are alliance and walk up is your bread and butter for RP, I would recommend MG because SW is poppin.

if you don’t do walk ups, then who cares be on whatever server you want and just join a guild that meets your needs. some of our guildies have started adding characters from non-RP realms or long forgotten ones

good news, you can join their guild from WRA, thats what im doing because WRA is the place i want to be :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

Last time they tried they couldn’t because we aren’t connected realms? Will have to check again.

I felt this way way for years. I no longer feel this way.

I think we’d have some tough growing pains, but I’m starting to believe it might be better if they merged us.

That said, I think the the merger would go much better if Blizzard could manage to get off their behinds and start fixing the name situation. So many good names taken, because someone 10 years ago parked on it and never used it.

They need to start working on this.

No one wants to hear it, but at some point they’re going to start merging servers again. It’s just cost effective to do it.

4 Likes

I’d rather see them merging the smaller RP servers into Wyrmrest and Moonguard, rather than trying to squeeze the two biggest realms into one set of pants. It’d be less crowded, they could deactivate the smaller servers to reduce overhead and focus on keeping the larger servers running with less dead hamsters clogging the gears, and it could help revitalize both Moonguard and Wyrmrest Accord with new players and new guilds eager to stamp their mark on the map.

On the other hand, merging Wyrmrest and Moonguard would do wonders for balancing out the Faction issue both servers are dealing with, but as you say, for the first six months it would be utter chaos with the bigger guilds pushing and shoving for space, and while Moonguard has dropped a lot of its negative RP traits like Claims, Server Lore etc, it would be a battle in no other terms for the methods of Moonguard and the methods of Wyrmrest to find common ground.

5 Likes

Give it a try again because it totally works. I’ve seen other people from WRA in MG guilds or MG people in WRA guilds. I wasn’t the one inviting people but maybe they forgot to include the dash in wyrmrest-accord or maybe ti deosn’t take a dash idk?

My guild has its MG alts in our WrA guild. I believe you can invite across battle.net, but what I did was create a guild community. Then dropped an invite link into the community. Then MG characters could join the community and click the invite. Worked every time.

I think they have.

Not only have I reclaimed Avers, but I also got back my second WoW character name “Highstorm”.

Now if only I could get Starstalker back…

1 Like

Nah, that kinda situation, just run to a wall, put your back to it, hearth and scream until the magic stone takes you to a safe place …

This actually makes me nostalgic. I haven’t been back to Elwynn, Ironforge or Redridge in years. I should go.

Stumble down in to a basement of an inn.
Everyone is naked?
Haha thats funny, why are they all naked?
Wait, why is she sitting like that on him?
OH… Oh god…

I think merging Moon Guard and WRA would be the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas of human history, and I am including New COKE on that list.

5 Likes

Wow! I had forgotten all about NEW Coke. Lol.

I could accept a WrA-MG merger so long as the new server is called WrA.

8 Likes

See I see that like

You have a House, a Nice House, with a LUSH Backyard. But sadly they built a garbage dump next to you.

You love your house too much to leave it though, you’ve built a family in that house, the house has powerful meaning to you.

Then one day years later the garbage dump is like here all this land full of garbage is part of your property now. Enjoy.

(Just wanna make sure my meaning is understood that I am calling Moonguard and it’s population in general garbage.)

3 Likes

Your analogy perfectly sums up the issue, Kiethoo.

MG has a lot of our WrA people over there. I don’t hate the server. I am sad that so many people went there but if nothing else, it at least caused their server canon to be relaxed quite a bit.

I saw the canon groups posted about on their forums this week, so I guess they still exist. Stormwind Crown Administration and Stormwind Law Project? Stormwind Law Project’s rules are 77 pages long, btw.

5 Likes

aint no f’in way. Booted up the game to work a desk job, wild.

7 Likes