Alliance RP - Thoughts and Discussion

I’m not bothered by being seen as evil.

1 Like

One of our most active server discords is populated mostly by moon guard players. And that is the server discord that pops up in search results.

I have been thinking of drumming up advertising for the northern kingdoms.

My greatest frustration is having to go to Moon Guard to find Stromic RPers and we have a whole landmass north of Thandol Span to RP in.

Stromgarde is rebuilt, Gilneas is rebuilt, Alterac, well that’s still kinda a ruin but there is still adrich Alteraci history that can be explored there.

We could officially recognize Lordaeron’s people have returned and recognize that yes undead are people too and they deserve their kingdom back.

Imagine anti scarlet events in the northland’s. Imagine being able to see the rebuilt Stromgarde bustling with RP, there is even a safe area where no mobs spawn.

Lots of prime real estate for RP in the north.

5 Likes

I have a new character that I made as a Hallowfall denizen, but I haven’t figured out how to RP her. I’m not sure if she would stay in Hallowfall or if she’d journey to the Arathi Highlands area out of curiosity. I could split between both, but it would have to involve a reasonable IC travel time.

I know the new Stromgarde rebuild for the BFA Warfronts is absolutely gorgeous and completely underutilized. I’d love to see that be used at least weekly - or even just monthly. This would be the expac we’d want to use it for. There’s even a portal to SW.

Sarsi has just reached Hallowfall IC and has just met the Arathi, descendants of people who split from her ancestors so long ago.

Anyway, I was considering a tavern event monthly like the teahouse they are always low stakes, easy to jump into and out of, and just provide a back drop.

It also makes use of the tavern we already have there in the safe zone of Stromgarde. And it can be cross faction because no alliance NPCs spawn in that section of the city.

Just as a means to start things off.

1 Like

Gilneas could lead to some interesting RP if people would go there now, especially since Horde is free to enter as well. And there are still plenty of empty spaces to fill out in the area too.

Perfect, a Goblin with interest in Gilneas. So here’s what I am willing to pay you at least 12 copper for, stop the constant rain in Gilneas. Don’t care how you do it, I want that rain gone. Slides pouch of copper over to seal the deal. If anyone asks, we never spoke.

Copper? What kind of girl do you think I am?

2 Likes

Hi there! I am on Moon Guard, but I had tried Wyrmrest for a bit, specifically on Horde side. I definitely can see that Wyrmrest and Moon Guard are different in some respects (server projects being a key difference) but they are certainly also two sides of the same coin in a sense, or should I say… cents.

We’re all roleplayers in a 20 year old game, Moon Guard has its ups and downs as does Wyrmrest Accord. I currently call Moon Guard my home now, but was hopeful that Wyrmrest would have been. To be frank, I felt a very unwelcoming vibe from some. That is not to say that there is a general unwelcoming vibe or anything, but it was more often than not difficult to get involved.

I personally also prefer Alliance roleplay, as you can probably tell by my Alliance character. I hope the Wyrmrest Alliance is rebuilt in some way or grows, I’d probably try to help out! Likewise I’ve even thought about turning my upcoming guild (based around proper lore-based Church of the Holy Light RP) into a cross server guild. Not to be a “project” or have a massive leadership, claims, etc, but to connect people for good ol’ fashion RP.

What I do think is it might be difficult to change the message. I see on Moon Guard “Wyrmrest is for Horde, Moon Guard Horde is dead and keeps to themselves”. In some ways, it sounds like the servers have a mutual problem there (though for admittedly different reasons from what I can gather). I wonder how the urge to bring people back will go, or how it could be done. Moon Guard does have one thing that WRA Alliance will struggle with: there is always something going on. Whether it is in Stormwind or elsewhere. The Three Hammers tournament recently happened, there’s many small events, markets, etc. That can be hard to compete with sometimes from an access-focus alone.

P.S. Pleasedonthateme.

9 Likes

Moon Guard Horde is an entirely different beast. I have never had a worse experience in this game.

3 Likes

stifles a chuckle as he watches Lluagor quietly take the bag when everyone is distracted

I stand by my over-arching generalization based on my experiences with Moon Guard players in recent and past times.

Are there good Moon Guard Roleplayers/People? Ofcourse there could be.
Have I met any : NO

But the servers are phased together now and there isn’t anything we can do about it, and IMO merging servers in any way delutes what events, groups, and history a server has that makes it special.

Though I appreciate the work people on WRA are doing to encourage RP and Ill support them any way I can.

1 Like

My grandpa says this bar for bar about other demographics at every Thanksgiving dinner

11 Likes

I don’t mean to start an argument here, but this mentality is what is pushing people away a lot too. There are people on Moon Guard who may prefer a smaller setting. “Oh you’re from Moon Guard? You must be a terrible person!” Or “I’ve never met a good role player or person from Moon Guard.” Hey, this does nothing but be negative. You turn a potentially positive, neutral, or just genuinely new encounter into a negative one immediately.

6 Likes

My guy done did walked into Goldshire, asked one person to RP, then left and called the whole server crap for it. Effort, it seems, is beyond his capability when it comes to RP.

But effort is what it will take to restore WRA. So on a positive note…wait, where did my bag of copper go?! Where’d that goblin Lluagor go?!

1 Like

Server preference is like sports teams. We’re all here to have fun but some of y’all take the rivalry t a little too far tbh.

5 Likes

Anyways, I am starting to brainstorm a rough outline of my plans for Arathi and will have more to share soon. I will probably start off with a short story when it is ready to present because the idea I have in my head is a good one.

Simple, not too overarching, walk up and cross faction friendly, and easy to drop in on and step out of at will. Also not an everyday thing.

I am looking at probably around monthly to start with flexibility to change scheduling as things develop.

4 Likes

And some people go to a sports bar in Dallas Texas (the WYRMREST FORUMS) to watch a football game and then wonder why they are dogging the other team (moonguard) they are playing “c’mon guys they are both good football teams with admirable traits…”

When most of it was lighthearted or exaggerations.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like calling Moon Guard a bad server or dismissing their roleplayers is just cope. They’re different and their scene isn’t for me, but they aren’t terrible or anything.

I know people clown on them for the ERP, too, but it seems baffling to act like that server is the only place it happens.

4 Likes

The contrast between the sentiment of “I wish MG would reach out more and work with us to plan cross-server events :pleading_face:” I’ve seen expressed by the Community Project types vs. how some of y’all are acting in this thread sure is… something.

I wonder if there’s some sort of correlation to be drawn here.

1 Like

Looking forward to this. This is the empty area with the SW portal and all the new buildings in Stromgarde, right? Love that place. PvP ownership changes based on activity in BfA warfronts, so different factions will flag week-to-week. (Unless this has changed with TWW.)

That said, if anyone decides to PvP troll, PvP problems can be solved with PvP solutions (perhaps FLAK! would enjoy a call-to-arms or two?).

2 Likes