Alliance Rogues sapping Runthak

There’s a video circulating on reddit showing how rogues can use wall jumping to get to a safe spot on top of Orgrimmar near where Runthak casts out Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer. Just as he yells out, the rogue jumps down with Sprint and saps the NPC before he can cast the buff, interrupting him and wasting the turnin.

This has happened all day yesterday on my server and no amount of (PvP flagged) organized AoE and flares can stop the rogue from juat jumping down from the top of the world, landing right on top of Runthak, and sapping him before entering combat. If they then attempt to reset Runthak, what presumably are Alliance players on their Horde characters with kill the colluding Alliance priest before he can MC the NPC.

To be clear, I don’t care much about world buffs. I even think it’s silly people go to these lengths and through this trouble just to cheese their way through raids.

But seeing as there isn’t really a reasonable PvP solution to this, can it be considered zone disruption?

6 Likes

My guess is that since buffs dont actually matter, it cant be disruption. Hes not preventing you from completing a quest or making anything unusable. It’s just hilarious. Btw, Horde can do the same to Alliance and I strongly encourage it.

Buff based pvp is the best pvp in classic right now. Gets the most tears which is what pvp is all about. Camping songflowers is also a lot of fun

18 Likes

Blizzard is considerably vague when it comes to stuff like “zone disruption”. I personally wouldn’t consider this zone disruption.

Horde have been doing this to alliance. Now that it’s happening to horde I expect a fix asap.

13 Likes

vid is hilarious. I like when people were spamming aoe while not flagged.

7 Likes

The pvp solution would be to get some zugs to zugzug their way up to the spot and prevent the rogue from dropping an elbow off the top rope.

That might be tough for them to figure out though.

11 Likes

They all have scoliosis and eat mud pies. Good luck getting them to figure their way up there.

3 Likes

Nice job sharing this trick for every ally rogue here to learn.

20 Likes

Hopefully more people start doing this. World buffs are one of the worst parts of classic.

7 Likes

Posting a “how to grief the other faction” video in GD

You are a credit to your faction

7 Likes

This has thousands of upvotes on reddit, literally doesn’t matter that it’s posted here.

I just checked, I see 404 upvotes. You definitely just spread this way further lol

3 Likes

Yeah, been happening for months on most servers but it’s my fault for spreading this further lol.

1 Like

Sounds like exactly how this game should work. The rogue is correctly using his racials to do harm to those he is at war with.

Game play as intended.

2 Likes

This definitely makes the game more interesting than collecting world buffs like they’re STDs and then logging out for half the week so you can raid log.

1 Like

The issue isn’t that the Alliance are doing this imho, it’s that they are doing it from a safe spot that you are clearly not meant to be in.

3 Likes

You can run right up to the spot, jump a bit, and then you’re there. Sounds working as intended to me, right?

1 Like

If this gets fixed, bunches MORE run back to privates.

where on this doll did the buff not touch you?

1 Like

It definitely doesn’t need to be changed. As it is, buffs are a primary conflict driver on PvP servers.

Less QQ
More pew pew

1 Like