Alliance PvP

Why is Alliance so bad at battlegrounds, especially in Korraks Revenge?

2 Likes

I can’t get a single win, so I feel your pain. I’ve lost 19 in a row so far. The last one we didn’t capture a single graveyard or tower. It was a lot of fun

1 Like

I can’t comment the regular bgs, but with regards to Korrak’s Revenge: if you guys would stop wasting so much time PvE’ing/PvE questing maybe you would have a better shot at winning.

Watching some of the clueless PvE’ers that are my Alliance teammates in Korrak’s Revenge… I can’t help but cringe sometimes :joy:

So much pointless PvE silly-ness, my goodness, it’s hard not to chuckle a little :rofl:

1 Like

Alliance would rather fight every NPC and hide in the mines then do anything,

2 Likes

It’s usually about 10 people farming rams and mines which effectively renders the game unwinable for the alliance. When the event first started I won a few that were super long meatgrinders but by and large, it’s devolved into one bedcrapping after another. It’s weird to have a bg that is enticing to people that hate pvp because you just end up with people in there not doing anything besides whining and trolling that they “have to do this” which sucks because I’m literally doing it because it’s fun to do these kind of large scale battles. Dudes in there calling me R-word because I enjoy pvp… I’m doing the thing that I enjoy and they obviously are doing something they hate but somehow I’M the R-word?
JJ

1 Like

Also, if any ally players want some pointers on how to pimp out their toon for Korraks hit me up in game

You can see that korrak revenge clearly favors the horde i don’t know if it’s a bug or intended but by the time this get fixed it will not matter.

On regular BG… i don’t know every person i see always complains about his faction .

That’s the thing, even when we’re well ahead, we always stall going into their base. They can simply stroll right to our flag with no NPCs in the way.

1 Like

It favors one side, and they won’t fix it.
end of the story.

5 Likes

To be fair, they wanted to give us “Alterac Valley exactly as it was 15 years ago”, and they mostly delivered. For example the Ice Lord being OP, he was OP back then too.

Which would be fine, if they didn’t give huge exp boosts and progress towards the mount to the winning side. If it was just for fun, I wouldn’t mind at all. But it’s punishing alliance players here.

1 Like

That’s the weird thing though and a really interesting component of this game:
It’s convinced people that they HAVE TO do stuff that they don’t enjoy. I can see a person getting a job they don’t enjoy to make ends meet IRL but why would anyone pay $15 a month to do stuff they don’t enjoy? A digital mount that you’ll probably never use anyway?
It seems like a terrible way to spend your free time. I’ll still be in there slowing down the horde on their way to Van.
JJ

I’ve won a good amount on an alt the last few days! Alliance have a pretty good chance if they premade and face not-very-good horde teams that don’t want to defend. I’d still argue defense is generally what helps win the game for either side; but horde have the advantage in terms of capping stuff faster, especially if alliance choose to not backcap/defend.

I dont understand how Alliance ever lose Korraks Revenge. The entire AV map is stacked to Alliance being able to zerg train straight through it and not have to deal with any of the PvE content until FW GY if they choose to take that, or FW RH and Drek.

Alliance have NPC’s on every road from Stonehearth Bunker (where they have 2 high level elites near SH GY) and down along both sides of Balinda’s bunker that Horde must fight through or have a massive NPC train follow them if they decide to push straight for SP GY but if they do that they deal with alliance coming down the same road and all the NPC’s which always descends into a road fight where the alliance have massive advantage from the bunker and NPC’s that horde have to run through.

Going south you can easily cut up the newish hill that Blizz put in at Iceblood GY after going down the left side of map through the NPCs who are on the east side of field of strife as added Horde repulsion as we dont want to waste time having to fight players and teh NPC’s while being pegged by arrows from the nearby bunker. This lets you completely bypass Murp and ALL of the trash NPC’s around IB Tower and Galv’s bunker.

From there it is practically a straight shot to FW GY if choosing to take it. Our base can be entered through teh front gate and immediately turning right you can ride up the hill and bypass ALL of our NPC elites then go round the left outside wall of the first tower and not get dismounted and train straight to FW Relief Hut. This also doesnt prevent alliance from either jumping the wall just to the left of the front gate if there is a choke to pussh in from the flank.

Up at the FW towers you can immediately turn right and go round the back wall out of sight of the archers on the east tower and go into west. The entire FW base provides immense line of sight cover for attackers from the NPC’s. When you look at the lay out of Stormpike the entire base is in an area not much bigger than the upper level of Frostwolf base. SO all NPC’s are packed in there, the towers have open line of sight to the entire base making it an awful experience to push through to take Stormpike relief hut as there are many elite npcs with stupid health pools that have to be fought through if the horde step even slightly the wrong distance south while taking SP relief hut. Add in the little forge area where armour scraps are turned in eventually starts pouring out a huge cloud of black smoke that completely obscures any visual of alliance at the entrance of Stormpike keep for horde coming up the road.

With the changes to changes to some of the BG logic if horde die at Frostwolf base but dont hold relief hut or frostwolf GY we get ported to snowfall if we hold it instead of our tunnel as was previously the case. This means players MUST port back and deal with getting ganked while loading in again, or ride back. Alliance do not experience this, if they hold SF GY and die at stormpike while not holding SPGY or the relief hut they get ported to the tunnel where they can then back cap push SP GY by taking the shortcut off to the right immediately outside the cave that drops down next to the mine.

This doesnt even address the choke that is the bridge at Stormpike that cannot be avoided as at Frostwolf, the only small gain horde have is you can ride around the east side of Dun Baldar north bunker and then with a ~10% speed boost jump from the terrain into the bunker…woah game breaking I know.

It literally blows my mind any time alliance lose given the ridiculous advantages.

1 Like

You must be confused, you dont have to deal with any NPCs in Frostwolf base. All the ones on the lower level can be bypassed and the ones up top the towers can be capped without them firing any arrows at all almost due to the line of sight blockages everywhere in FW base.

The NPC mobs aren’t even that big of a deal, which is why I’m always calling out Alliance for PvE’ing too much/wasting too much time on random NPCs and PvE side-quests.

NPCs getting in your way? Just have one of your tanks grab em’ and kite them away. Don’t have a tank? Just have a ranged aggro the NPCs and kite them away, while another player caps the flag. Easy.

^^^ Simple stuff like what I just mentioned - it’s called using your brain, really has nothing to do with Alliance vs Horde :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

“NPCs” are not an excuse for a loss really, and certain classes are even able to “solo” cap flags despite the NPCs (for example Druid or Rogue).

NPCs are a non-issue imo, either your team is capping towers/bunkers or they aren’t - that’s what REALLY matters in this bg.

So i leveled my dh from 110-120 last night. i believe i went 4-1 on alliance. The big issue i saw in the one loss was alliance stuck around gy way too long instead of capping IBT.

Can’t speak to korraks haven’t bothered but, I typically have high winrates in pvp on Ally. did my weekly last night 4/0 >.>

This is something I very much agree with. In something that’s just for fun, just playing it should be the reward. I feel like Blizzard went about this whole mount thing the wrong way. Even through losses though, it’s not hard to get I guess…

Ah well, it’s only around for a couple months and then it’s gone.

Time of day + day of the week matters. Whenever I am on a losing streak, I note is the losses after school hours or at 0200? Korrak’s however, is a completely different animal altogether.