Alliance post war dialogue

It’s measured. She wants to go join the hunt for Sylvanas all over Azeroth if that’s what it takes, but know the now homeless night elves need a leader to guide them now.

Please, don’t even start with this “eye for an eye” bullcrap.

Yea I mean I can see that, but shes kinda always been like that. Dunno, maybe she will be the next high priestess with that kinda attitude.

And I wasent, go ahead and read my other posts in this thread, merely trying to see if they couldent be an external clue for what may happen next in the story, after all those who put those lines in game probably have some idea of what is to come.

I like the response, especially done freon Tyne Gilneans. That said I’m still worried for Tyrande.

1 Like

Love it when they add these flavor texts. They go a long way in reflecting the ingame populations opinion of current events.

4 Likes

If Tyrande becomes a villain then I want her to become a real one. It’s hard to become a villain when you just want justice for your people and your land back, though, but Blizzard will find a way if they feel the need to further screw over the Night Elves.

8 Likes

I kind of like how they’re referring to Tyrande as the Night Warrior in a sort of fanatical way. I’ve always wanted more characters to have such cool monikers and titles to refer to them as, like how the Forsaken referred to Sylvanas as the Dark Lady.

I also normally hate when characters disappear from the plot like this, but I really like the ominous tone in how Tyrande is noticeably absent and the way the Night Elves talk about her, it almost makes her sound like an urban legend now. “The Night Warrior will claim her vengeance one day” it just sounds so cool.

2 Likes

Also, it reflect on what I think the opinion is of their player base.

As much as people give Blizzard flak for not listening to us, I think most of those flavor text reflect the general consensus of how we all feel about what happen this patch. Some hopeful, others thinking there will be another faction war down the line, even a comment about how Anduin is soft/another saying he is a good king, etc.

2 Likes

Several bits I’m going to chime in on with where I think the story is headed in 8.3 for Tyrande:
Night Elf Sentinel (1) : I fear for Tyrande. The Night Warrior is fierce, but… can a mortal control such power indefinitely?
Night Elf Sentinel (2) : She is the High Priestess of Elune. If anyone can wield the goddess’s strength, it is her.
Night Elf Sentinel (1) : Perhaps you are right…

My theory is that Tyrande will continue to be the Night Warrior so long as Sylvanas remains unaccounted for. Because the Sentinel uses the term, “indefinitely.” Once Sylvanas is dealt with, I think she gives up the power and goes back to being normal. Also, from the datamined text bits we know Jaina and (likely) Mathias Shaw’s agents are scouring the Eastern Kingdoms for her.

My guess is Sylvanas shows up again in 8.3, it’ll involve Tyrande, and we’ll finally get to see if she gets vengeance for the Kaldorei or becomes another raid boss in the same patch as Sylvanas…, and both factions get more firmly set on the whole “stand-as-one-to-defeat-the-void” thing for the next expansion.

1 Like

Maaaybe Tyrande becomes a villain, but I have my doubts.

For one thing, it would be thematically weird. Her anger is pretty justifiable; it makes sense for her to want vengeance for Teldrassil, and I think most players find it relatable. If the follow-up to the Night Elves suffering a genocidal attack is to villain-bat the leader for wanting revenge…that sends a strange message.

Secondly, Blizzard doesn’t really do that sort of story with the main Alliance characters. The closest example I can think of is Fandral, but he was portrayed as obviously shady from the start, and was strictly a B or C-list character. Maybe Blizzard will change but…I’m skeptical.

9 Likes

I really hope Tyrande does go bad, because the Alliance is due to have one of those finally, and the NEs already have a backup leader in Malfurion.

She’ll be villain-batted, it was the same with Jaina after Theramore, for a good six years or so. The only difference is Golden likes her, so she got to do a heel turn right before the peace stuff happened.

In Tyrande’s case, it also seems like they’re setting up that vengeance not only is bad because it ruins the new peace, but because it will actively feed souls to this new antagonist Sylvanas seems to be referring to. She, and any night elves following her, will be punished by the story itself for wanting payback.

Also it’ll kick night elves in the head again, which will greatly amuse whichever writer has a dartboard with a night elf face on it in their office.

3 Likes

At this point, the Horde should honestly just let the Alliance HAVE Gilneas back.

1 Like

Realistically they should give back Stonetalon and Azshara too, that land was gifted to them by the night elves in exchange for… you know, not attacking them anymore and leaving Ashenvale. They don’t even need the land anymore, two of their allied races own large chunks of the Broken Isles.

1 Like

I mean, you’re probably not even gonna get Darkshore and Ashenvale back.

Gilneas makes more sense, cause the Horde probably can’t hold it much longer anyway. Makes sense to give it up now and try and earn a little good will.

1 Like

If it’s going to go live at all, it’ll probably be this patch or the next one. It didn’t really make sense for it to happen while the war was still going on.

Imagine being this delusional the horde is gonna give all the lands back, cause thrall and baine are honorable, and guess what blizzard said they arent gonna do a faction war for a while so this is it, its over, sylvanas is gonna be a villain for the next xpac or two and you gotta deal with it and get nothing

What I find most interesting about the Alliance dialogues is that, while the Night Elves are focusing on Sylvanas and Nathanos, it is the non-Night Elf NPCs talking about about the rest of the Horde.

2 Likes

To me that proves that they arent blinded by vengeance but are focused on the true justice of getting sylvanas

1 Like

I don’t think that Gilnean remarking about losing a home twice is anything new, that has to be something older and the wowhead writers are just confused or something.