Alliance permanent 30% bonus for Warmode

Thank you, i enjoy it immensely, can’t wait for 50-75%.

6 Likes

What’s the problem, more Alliance for you to kill right? Unless, pvp isn’t what you were hoping for? :grinning:

8 Likes

People care about this way too much.

I changed over to Horde w/ my guild this expansion. All of my alts are still Alliance. I’ve been taking advantage of the 30% bonus to level, and then faction changing.

1 Like

I disagree on this one.

While I do agree that this game plain just gives way too much loot for not much effort. PvP does need to provide rewards for the their effort.

The parts of the game that give too good of gear for no effort are world quests and warfronts. Titan forging and the such.

We had a guildie that had NEVER done a single dungeon this expansion. We, as a guild, were going to thank them for fishing for the guild by taking them in a mythic dungeon… and they freaking outgeared the dungeon… 360+.

That’s when the content is upside down. It underminds the effort/reward system and breaks down any inspiration to try to venture to harder content.

I would never begrudge PvP players getting gear.

Yes this is because the Horde have plot armor, as the poster you’re quoting already stated.

The Horde’s forces are all entirely inferior to what the Alliance has, but yet they not only survive, but dominate the Alliance at nearly every turn because Blizzard ensures it through endless layers of plot armor.

Your post just reinforces this point.

10 Likes

I am just saying that even IF we ignore the fact that the night elves shouldn’t be pushed around, the fact that the Alliance has to even GO to Kul Tiras after Lorderon makes no sense considering that Jaina’s boat on her OWN should be able to lay waste to Orgrimmar.

Blizzard is horrible about consistent power levels.

They ramp up characters regularly because its cool at the moment. I mean, a powerful demon was once slain by an orc with an axe. Not a magical axe, just a plain old axe.

The problem with increased power is that once you increase the power level, any sudden drop in power puts stress on the whole suspension of disbelief.

Characters, sometimes even in the same expansion have their power levels go all over the board.

Thrall has gone from near godlike power to not even able to wield elemental magic at all. Just as one example of wildly fluctuating power levels.

4 Likes

Then why does Horde have longer Que’s?

1 Like

I that change were implemented, 99% of Alliance would never turn war mode on again and War Mode really would be Horde Mode. One of the more appealing aspects of War Mode is that when you need the ganking to stop and get things done (WQs, summoning for M+, etc) you just press a button and it stops. Without that there’s no point in ever turning it on because it’d be like getting thrown onto an old style PvP server.

premise is incorrect. Live trees can burn.

You see, live trees are more resistant to fire (Generally) due to their water content and wet wood, more so after periods of rains. However, there are three major factors that mean live trees can burn, even though they are wet:

The first is that they’re not 100% alive . Some branches exist on the tree which are dead and connected or even disconnected but stuck in the branches. Additionally, most trees’ centre is comprised completely of dead wood, so once the fire gets through the outer trunk the inside of the tree is incredibly flammable.

The next is that even though they’re wet, with enough heat and fire nearby (Say, fire started on the forest floor using dropped dead branches and leaves as fuel) the wood will dry out and catch alight just like anything else. Adding to this is the fact that the wood is porous, which means although it can be wetter, it also contains fuel for burning (Oxygen) inside. Thus a tree can burn.

Yes completely agree Gear is easy. Most of my pass guildies did mythic and heroic raids. They only saw the bonuses given in pvp mode made all their hard work gone do to the free gear. This is not ordinary one. This is high level 370-385 gear. Big difference for some people.
It is rather easy like warfront. Which also made them mad I think. Welfare gear came up a lot. Probably this was last straw for them.

Here complete list if need to see why mad.

• World Quests: 295-325

• Emissaries: 300-370

• Warfront repeat Victories: 340

• Unranked PvP Cache: 355

• Arathi Highlands Rares: 340

• Mythic Dungeons: 340

• Raid Finder Uldir: 340

• Exalted [Champions of Azeroth]355

• Normal Uldir: 355

• Kul Tiras and Zandalar World Boss: 355

• Faction Incursions: up to 370

• Warfront Quest Victory: 370

• Stromgarde World Boss: 370

• Weekly Warfronts Quest: 370

• Heroic Uldir: 370

• Mythic Uldir: 385

• Gladiator PvP Cache: 385

• Darkshore World Boss: 400

That’s what I mean by an isolated tree. It’s very easy to catch something on fire when it’s surrounded by something else above the flashpoint.

It’s very hard to catch a healthy tree on fire by the proportional equivalent of flipping matches at it and maybe blowing on it a little.

Did it not have a town in it? Sorry do not go there much. Wow towns tend to burn. Not sure what they doing. They just burn a lot even if made of stone. really need to invest into fire safety.

1 Like

Yeah, but we see the catapults hitting the tree trunk, which should actually be the hardest part to burn.

…All of which has precious little to do with warmode, but my point is basically that both factions get away with victories where they probably shouldn’t manage them logically.

2 Likes

Definitely talking about the horde here.

the Only time i did wpvp i did was in the Pre launch for wotlk when player can become zombie’s sad it end to soon.

Good times, Good times

I like my edited version of your statement better.

Everyone should just organize and all turn it off and leave it off forever.

2 Likes

Sure, but you’ve overlooked some things.

Mainly the Druids.

First, very little of Teldrassil was dead. This tree was tended by the best horticulturalists on the planet. They didn’t let dead parts fester.

Second, the Druids grew a tree INSIDE the Elemental Plane of Fire. No way a few lousy barres could do more than simply being engulfed in fire 24/7 would do.

Are you really this stupid? The “buff” is based on population. If the Alliance outnumbered the horde or horde numbers “dwindled” they wouldn’t get the buff.

The fact they have it shows horde continue to outnumber Alliance and that doesn’t seem to be changing, buff or no buff.

2 Likes