Alliance permanent 30% bonus for Warmode

No because we have 50 forums avatars.
So the “outrage” could all be coming from the same couple people posting on multiple avatars to get others fired up.

Blizz wants to improve communication?
They should start there.
Screw twitter and Reddit. We have wow forums.
Let’s just clean them up a bit and start using them as the communication tool their meant to be.

3 Likes

I’m not arguing with that.

I’ve just seen far too many people overestimate the portion of the community that actually posts on these forums and assume it represetns the community as a whole.

2 Likes

You’re right.
Most of the Alliance in the forums is composed by “Horde bias” whiners.

2 Likes

Well lets see, they added +10% exp potions that are BoA for the new faction themed currency so if your leveling pop one it even gives a minor stat boost too! So horde players can have a min of 20% exp boost up at all times with WM not including heirlooms when leveling.

The 30% scaling boost is to promote people to toggle on War Mode on an underrepresented faction and frankly not many alliance players at max level are turning WM on because they don’t like getting ganked 10 v 1. I for one have it on for most of my characters.

2 Likes

You aren’t being specific, so I assume you mean the Horde right? It’s gotta be the Horde.

10 Likes

Spot on, I agree with you, Nebulos. It’s not as if the increase in the % of bonus loot that’s given to Alliance is going to make Alliance players excellent competition in a PVP environment. They’ll likely do what they have been doing - form a group or raid and mow down quests and Horde.

My point is the % of the bonus is too low. It hardly matters. If it was raised to 50% or 75% - that ballpark - we would see more Alliance and a much better chance of Horde to Alliance ratio improvement.

Every day on the forums I see alliance players cry about pvp not being fun, world pvp not being fun and etc… it is honestly funny cause on my rp server I go to rp events and everyone just naturally has warmode on… Horde players simply enjoy pvp… alliance players don’t and cry and whine that we don’t agree with them.

2 Likes

But that’s exactly the type of world PvP the Alliance provide, Alliance never roams alone with warmode, unlike the Horde players.

I’m sure it happens on both sides just like on PVP servers back in the day. But my point is, just cranking up the XP reward isn’t going to bring the QUALITY of PVP that players are looking for.

There has to be an incentive for actual participation in PVP, and the fact is, most WoW players do not want to PVP ever, period. It has always been a minority that do and it always will. WoW is and has always been an RPG. Like Dungeons and Dragons. Lore and role playing your character’s progression, following the story, being immersed in a virtual world, using your imagination.

PVP is sort of like the soldier dudes that invaded Pandora in the movie Avatar.

So long as you understand that most people will simply never want the sort of content you enjoy in the game you have chosen to seek it in you can temper your expectations and not be so disappointed when what we see ends up happening.

Probably the best thing they could do is try and load balance sub-shards to balance the number of Alliance/Horde in a given zone/sub-zone but that would probably require a lot of server calculation and be prone to issues like friends ending up on another shard, premade groups being size limited, etc.

Honestly I am not sure how to fix a problem most don’t want fixed.

3 Likes

People don’t remember the outrage from the removal of the Mass Rez Guild Perk.

:grin:

Agreed. I think it should fluctuate.

1 Like

I remember that outrage, it wasn’t faction specific in who was upset over it.

2 Likes

Yep.

There seems to be a lot of newer players that don’t remeber changes like that. It makes me feel old having to explain that there are some things being complained about that were a fix to other things people were complaining about.

1 Like

www.youtube com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg
Nope, the Alliance.

I’m Horde and this happens, Horde goes solo while roaming the world, Alliance doesn’t exit their safe zone without a raid with healers.

Alliance/Horde is pretty much 50/50 though?
realmpop com/us.html

1 Like

Is it though? Do you have evidence of this or are you assuming based on your experience? And is this applied to stricty War Mode participants?

2 Likes

Always winning because of plot armor? Thrall.jpg

14 Likes

Sorry you need a YouTube video to support your statement.

I could call you a typical “Horde” but I know better. Both factions are full of the same dumb gamers.

8 Likes

Honestly I think it would probably be better if they focused on adding more and interesting battlegrounds and PVP content rather than try and incentivize players to do something they don’t want to just so the ones that do can be dissatisfied in the lack of challenge that presents.

1 Like

Huh?
It’s not just a video, it’s Blizzard’s promotional trailer for the game.
Alliance is promoted as the crying to get power and win because they suck at fighting by Blizzard and guess what, the playerbase in the forums represent exactly that very well :smiley:

You know whats funny about this?

It won’t decrease the number of Horde players and increase Alliance ones, Horde still outnumbers Alliance.

So not sure what the problem is.

8 Likes

The problem is that Alliance and Horde numbers are equal, neither outnumber the other.