Alliance is- regularly winning AV now?

Yes that would be a zerg and no horde don’t do that every game.

lol, what…

But hmm, what created the zerg gameplay?

Oh, how could I forget?

Wait, are you sure about that?

Revisionist history is fun!

in before 'cOntExT!"

1 Like

No, you see horde have 60 players on each AV team, and trinkets which allow them to not only just “zugzug”, but to instantly teleport to any point on the map that alliance are going, with no cooldown, countering any and all strategies attempted by alliance. Oh, and have a constant stream of 20 rezzes at a time from the cave, despite less than 10 dying at a time at IBGY (hence the existence of 60 horde on a team)

/s end

1 Like

You expect an alliance raid to get past the multiple points where horde is allowed to choose where to fight, make it through the IBGY choke where all the ressers and minimum 5-10 defenders are, cap FWGY, and hold it for 5 minutes without bleeding an ungodly number of players to SPGY because SHGY is a free capture if we go for that strat?

Maybe a premade with 8+ healers could do it, but a PUG will never be able to make it that far without bleeding too many players and thanks to SHGY/IWB choke point any players lost are basically gone forever.

What is killing you at FW that you would need a premade with 8+ healers?

Unless horde are playing a zerg too the horde.

Are you intentionally trying to ignore the first half of that? If you did any AVs especially during the premade era you would know that horde have multiple points before alliance get to FWGY to intercept and force fights. Mages jumping into the alliance raid forces at least 10 people to dismount and fight. If alliance tries to rush through IBGY to FWGY they have to make it through at least 2-3 horde “checkpoints” and unless you are outclassing horde significantly you will bleed numbers.

Even if you make it to FWGY with 15-20 people alive all you have in front of you is a base race where you start 2 towers down.

1 Like

Both FWGY and the horde base GY are easily taken by a team of two stealthers, not to mention the towers. If enough horde are recalling to attempt to prevent it, then congratulations, you’ve completed a strategy!

If you have 15-20 at the horde base and the rest in the north part of the maps and LOSE, then you are next level bads.

No it was after they broke our ability to premade. Once they got rid of that all the rankers moved to WSG.

The alliance pug scene in AV has always been terrible, it’s one of the reasons premades existed in the first place. A group that is coordinated and actually tries to win will win over 50% of their games. I wasn’t in one of the super selective 6 min zerg premades and I consistently won 75% or more of my games. The only requirement was a 100% mount.

What? Alliance gave up rushing IBGY months and months and months ago. This morning I got in a losing AV where they rushed SF which was hilarious. The majority of Alliance know you can’t rush anything without losing SH. All that means is a quick loss for Alliance.

So where would you have Alliance go? Not to the gy where they need the towers? FW? Far, far away from our nearest rez point where Horde can pick whoever makes it there off?

What is your magical strat?

It’s nowhere near the easiest to defend. In fact, it’s a huge deathtrap favoring Horde because you can climb the terrain and hit our spawns from behind while we have zero option of escaping because of the terrain walls trapping us in.

ALL Horde graveyards are easier defend because you can jump out the back side of the graveyard and run around the frontline, allowing you more strategic options than “stand in a line and shoot each other for a few minutes.”

It’s only “easy to defend” because literally EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE is getting trapped there and killed. If we are pushed far enough up to allow us to leave under the bridge, we’re not even technically defending the graveyard at that point.

The issue is that we can’t go anywhere else even if we escape the graveyard itself. Your nearest rez at that point would be SHGY, which runs all the Horde spawns directly through a chokepoint (that Blizzard ‘fixed’ and prevented players from being able to get past): IWB.

So here’s what happens when we’re at SPGY: we either give up and let you take it so we can rez at our cave and ride past once all the Horde are in our base, or we turtle SPGY for HKs. There’s literally no other viable option.

Here’s what happens when any of your graveyards are under siege: You rez, mount up, jump off the back and go to any Alliance objective you want, totally unhindered because you go through big open spaces with no chokepoints.

Horde can solo cap Alliance bunkers, too.

4 Likes

Stands to reason that horde ressing there would be just as easily wiped out, no? Moreso as alliance have a cave spawn virtually right above it.

Now compare it to FWGY, in an open field.

And moving a step either way from the “sweet spot” will get you easily arrowed in an alliance bunker from multiple archers, while in an alliance tower you are out of view of ALL of the archers. False equivalence.

I really wish this dead horse could be left alone. It is really starting to smell up the joint!

Not really, no.

The terrain has several spaces for Horde to get the high ground and attack rezzers, while all the Alliance can do is wait for Horde to come through the chokepoint.

Horde could also come up from under the bridge, but they never do for some reason. If you want Alliance to stop turtling there, stop running up the road and go under the bridge so the Alliance at SPGY can leave and go south. They only turtle because you trap them there.

We don’t spawn there unless you take SPGY. Once you take SPGY, NO ONE is trying to recapture it. We’re all going south to get objectives.

Yeah, that open field is actually really good. It means you can get out of the graveyard and aren’t trapped there.

The chokepoint only works if it’s the ONLY way through. Horde has several ways through but they zug through the chokepoint anyway. Alliance only has one way out of their GY, and it’s blocked by Horde. At least FWGY is open for both sides.

You don’t even have to be in a sweetspot to do it. But sure, solo capping a tower is easier as Alliance.

That makes a whole lot of difference when the Alliance can’t even get to the towers.

3 Likes

Id sign up for that during the week.

The consequence of winning all the time is that you no longer know how to defend or what to do when you can’t always deathball the other team in 30 minutes. Horde often start falling apart if you’re able to cap IBGY since most will just ignore it and keep trying to zug north towards SPGY until it’s too late.

Horde main masquerading on an alliance alt confirmed.

1 Like

OK, I am not even going to bother reading the rest of that post. If you don’t think the horde have a MUCH harder time holding SP than alliance do, then you are arguing in epic-level bad faith, bordering on trolling. Perhaps you did not read, or did not comprehend what I specifically posted, which you specifically quoted. Here, let me help you out: I just made it a bold font.

And more importantly retaking SPGY doesn’t really help anything, that just switches the game back to alliance being stuck north of SHGY.

1 Like