Alliance gets FREE ilvl 400 weekly!? What the!?

and limit took the bait, dropping $9000 to get that p2w headstart

I doubt they spent a penny with all their gold, but the people buying the tokens sure cashed in for blizz.

I guess it doesn’t matter to blizz who payed. They’ll be making nice money incentivising a service that is 100% automated and therefore pure profit.

This is unfair! WEEKLY Heroic loot when a new raid is just released is stupid as hell.

1 Like

It can make a big deal for guilds going for world first. Having access to 2 guaranteed heroic level items is pretty good.
You could see within the first 6 hours of raid release the difference.
In Uldir only 3 out of the top 20 guilds were Alliance, by 6 hours 5 out of the top 10 were Alliance in Battle for Dazar’alor.

I think that is a considerable difference.

But why should players be forced not to participate to be on “equal” footing?
At this stage I would rather they just chuck warmode into the dumpster at this point, and that’s from a player who has been participating in wPvP on a PvP server for the past 14 years.

Even on receiving end of bad populations (Alliance on Gundrak in WoD/Legion) it has never been this bad. At least back then you had a couple of people in small groups and lots of individual players. Now? Nothing but raid groups, both ways. Honestly they need to remove the ability to earn honor or anything in raids as current warmode is just cancer.

It was a great concept that was poorly implemented and then abused by the player base.
The whole expansion has got me pretty incensed if I’m going to be honest. Log on for 30 minutes, then log out annoyed.

Did you see their new Guild name?

Wasn’t the point of all this to have Guilds faction swap to bring back some balance? What’s the issue?

sweet, now guilds are coming back to the alliance instead of all of them being horde

Wrong. A competitive raiding guild who has no impact on the “every day” and “casual” guilds is going back.

BIG difference. Big, big difference.

If you are measuring your success by what other people are getting, you are doing it wrong and can only be disappointed with the result. This should balance out next week or so.

1 Like

The point was to balance warmode, not the factions in general.

And this won’t balance the factions even if it was intended. It will either only be a handful of guilds that switch or enough that they just move those incentives to the Horde next tier so those guilds just flip right back.

That’s how it always works.

Don’t kid yourself. Balancing factions has been the goal for a while. Warmode balance was just a step. Blizzard knows it’s bad for their game when all the high end players are on faction.

1 Like

The issue is giving you Heroic tier loot day one. I have np with giving you lot the 30% or even normal loot.

It is hardly free. You have to kill 25 horde in warmode and, at least when I have done it, you can not be in a raid. In other words, you have to go in a group of at most 5 against overwhelming numbers who can be in multiple raids. No, that is hardly the definition of “free”

1 Like

I know this is an Alliance avatar but I main Horde and have for a long time. I just dig dwarves.

I don’t give a crap that Alliance is getting a random Heroic piece of loot. It doesn’t hurt or help my own progression and if it helps the imbalance I’m for it.

1 Like

5 groups of 5 standing at a FP carving people is free loot. Horde camp too so I’m not saying anything about that, but let’s not pretend it’s hard or anything

1 Like

It won’t as is evidenced by the weeks of it never flipping.

1 Like

I’m aware they’ve been trying to balance the factions for a long while, but they wouldn’t try to balance a primarily pve game by adding an incentive to world pvp of all things.

Yeah, some hardcore raiders and maybe pvpers are going to bite, but the majority of the playerbase isn’t going to switch factions to world pvp for a single piece of loot a week.

Yeah it’s very fast to complete while an incursion is up. The reason there’s the misconception that the Alliance are in raids is there are so many 5 man Groups in the same small zone it looks like a Raid group.

While an incursion is up you can see dozens of groups in the Finder looking to to get the weekly done.

When I did it yesterday on my Alliance toons I was shocked how many Horde were there flagged. Just turn off Warmode while the incursion is up.

I don’t care, i’m never turning warmode on just to get ganked all the time by Horde, i want peace while playing this game.

1 Like

And that’s the problem. None of the solutions given here actually solve any problem- whether it be WM or Faction imbalance. People will turn WM on to get their free 400 gear and then turn it right back off. 30% bonus exp doesn’t give an incentive for max levels to turn WM on, so that’s a bust.

Providing a free piece of heroic level gear from a raid that dropped yesterday causes issues like Limit swapping. It’s ridiculously insane that they did this for one piece of gear, but it isn’t helping the game. I know the alliance think it’s “fair” and it’s getting us back and whatever, but it isn’t solving the issues in the game.

These WM on incentives aren’t causing horde members to swap to alliance, and anyone with common sense would’ve known that before these incentives even came out. Limit is crazy, and I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they came back to horde after. But the regular players? It isn’t causing any changes on our end, and we make up the vast majority of the population.