Alliance gets FREE ilvl 400 weekly!? What the!?

Subjective. Completely apparent until it’s not. Depending on what server you’re on, you weren’t outnumbered.

I think the focus changed because of metrics being taken in account for racials on PVE. Again, you’re talking to somebody who thinks your racials should be selected on character creation or a LOA blessing. I find it much more fun for there to be a REAL winner in a 1v1 outcome instead of an excuse as to why you were beaten.

Something should tell you something is wrong when top tier raid guilds are faction changing just to take advantage of the ilvl 400 gear.

well seeing as you can easily change to a different server with the click of a button in the LFG system i guess that whole server thing doesn’t matter much does it?

fact is that horde has teh majority of the players (1.25 horde for every 1 alliance) and the majority of teh better players too.

Cancelled both my subs, final straw for me.

4 Likes

this must be your first rodeo

Blizzard wins again.

1 Like

A good compromise would be to give horde players the option to buy the weekly quest/400 item for $$. Since you can already buy it with a faction xfer this would be good for everyone. Seems like blizzard wants to be more subtle about selling gear though.

Entire raid teams are uprooting for this advantage.

Servers arent really a thing when it comes to lfg and hand picking shards with it. You sure you know how it works?

They’ve been holding the Alliance’s hand since day one when they gave all Horde cities back doors but all the Alliance ones had only one way in.

1 Like

Agree, world pvp should be motivated by ‘liking it’ instead of by loot rewards

2 Likes

Which then they would have to remove all rewards from it because only the dominate faction would have it. The rewards are incentives to get the faction that had an overwhelming majority running with WM off to turn it on.

There were horde threads in WM forums begging ally to turn on WM so they could do their call to arms.

Ya, I keep seeing this. I understand how it works, but with the app and ingame LFG finder, there are no groups. I find this odd unless a lot of horde dropped off the WM early. I pushed through it; but, I’m not sure if I will bother anymore. It’s not worth the extra 500 ap a day.

As I am corpse running back to the quest mob, horde players don’t group often either. Makes me wonder about all the complaints I hear from alliance.

Offer the quest to both sides. It’s not a difficult solution. Right now Alliance turn on War Mode for the item then turn it back off. Horde just turn it off. If both sides got an ilvl 400 piece both sides would turn it on and turn it off. Why is this so hard?

1 Like

yeah horde largely aren’t ‘turning it off’

this is clear from the ongoing, continuing, 30% bonus to ally which is DIRECTLY from uneven warmode q’ing on both sides

but you are correct that tons of ally turn it off as soon as the quests are done

The goal of the 400 reward is to provide a meainingful incentive for the underrepresented faction (Alliance) to turn warmode on.

Right now, we’re at the start of the tier, so getting a 400 is especially nice. As a result lots of Alliance are turning warmode on. Horde are taken aback at suddenly having opponents to fight or even being outnumbered.

I expect Alliance participation will diminish as players gear up with 400 gear from other sources. At that point getting a 400 won’t be so special.

But what would happen if Blizz dropped the weekly reward to 385? … I suspect Alliance participation in Warmode would immediately drop through the floor.

385 is last tier’s news. It doesn’t carry the excitement that 400 does at least this point in the game.

3 Likes

The goal is to have the Alliance turn war mode on but it doesn’t give them any reason to KEEP IT ON.

That’s the issue here. Turn on War Mode for an item, get your 25 kills, turn it back off. Meanwhile any Horde who don’t want to deal with Alliance raids camping a World Quest they want to do just turns it off.

War Mode bonuses were sold to us as a way to make up from lost time while doing WPVP. Now the bonuses are an excuse to turn it on for a moment then turn it back off. The system isn’t doing what it set out to do.

1 Like

Glory to the Alliance!

Sounds like world pvp happened in warmode.

Is it fair when it’s 40 Alliance v. 1 Horde? … nope.

… but that is what Horde told us Alliance a few months ago when the situation was reversed.

2 Likes

My post was pointing out the flaw in the system. That alliance turn off war mode once they get their item. Nowhere did I complain about World PvP happening. In fact I haven’t missed a single World Quest due to PvP. Shard hopping to a horde dominated shard isn’t difficult.

Not really sure what your post was trying to achieve here.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous that they still have the “outnumbered” buff and are clearly not outnumbered and we don’t have anything. I haven’t turned off warmode since launch until this patch because of the buff.

1 Like