Alliance development

Hello, so is not secret that i have little sympathy towards the red faction.

But, in an attempt to not destroy anything that the red bois still may have
i wanted to ask a very important question that is in regards towards the future of our faction.

This is a question directed towards alliance players. but of course if any red boi wants to comment something… constructive it would be welcomed.

Can the alliance be compelling again as a faction if we just focus in anything else that isn’t attacking,destroying or killing anyone in the horde?

is not secret either that the horde is directly responsible for the destruction of 3 of our cities, something that it is reflected in game right now and we had to endure as a players and being able to do nothing about it, they never let us have revenge not even on the most direct responsibles for it, like garrosh who was killed by thrall and not jaina.
and sylvanas escaping again and saurfang taking all the credit despite that the war was started by him.

While also having books that explore these tragedies or things like elegy that has the sole purpose of making us angry, not even speaking of things like that quest where we have to fail at saving 1k of civilians in less than 3 minutes.

It is possible that our wounds can be healed without taking anything from the other faction?
Maybe focus on rebuild?
retake gilneas? rebuild theramore? grow another tree?

I am not asking unreasonable things like dismantle, destruction,genocide of the other faction or stuff like that, i am simply asking if it is possible that we can be happy to be alliance again if this is truly the last time that “the cycle is broken”.

The alternative is, of course, not being able to forget the transgressions and setting up ourselves for disappointment when the inevitable not revenge (again) comes and probably move on to another game when we had enough of this crap.

or a another question would be, How can the alliance move forward from now on, in the middle of this armistice?
Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Blizzard just rebuilt the Vale of Eternal Blossom and last expansion Stormwind finally had the last vestiges of Deathwing’s destruction fixed. I am 100% we will get either a new capital for the night elves(or maybe one of the other races) sooner or later.

Heck, it took Blizzard almost 10 years to fix the bridge in Lakeshire with one of the jokes being it nearly being destroy again in the same expac. I expect sooner or later they will repair/give new things to the Alliance.

1 Like

Honestly, beats me. What is the Alliance but a bunch of reactionary morons who let their worst enemy get away to “get us next time gadget!” in the next episode? This time it was Teldrassil, what’s next? There’s a clear pattern of escalation on their part and they’ve shown none of their supposed reformations have changed anything. We’re idiots plain and simple.

15 Likes

i really wish that i could contradict your point but i just can’t
i could think “well not all of them supported the genocide” and that would simply be not true.
i could also say “we have bigger problems like azshara or n’zoth” but that isn’t truth either when the biggest thing they have done was azshara sinking just some ships.

That is why i am asking if there is even a choice to have a story that doesn’t involve the horde at all.

1 Like

How could there be? They’ve done more damage to us than any of our other enemies, maybe even put together. The Horde is linked to the Alliance because they keep trying to destroy us and, should we sit idly by, one day they will.

5 Likes

The husk of Teldrassil will be removed and replaced with Lion’s Patience, a new capital in Human stone architecture design to pay respects to all the people that died at Theramore.

18 Likes

No
If we just go back to waiting for the Horde to gouge one of our eyes again, we lost.

As long as the Alliance doesn’t grow a spine, I’ll be hanging out with the Bloodsail. Ahoy!

8 Likes

I think a lot of it can be attributed to the focus around the Alliance being to paint them as good guys, but in the writers collective unconscious mind, being a ‘good guy’ is equal to being passive, defensive and non-proactive.

edit

10 Likes

I think a lot of it can be attributed to the focus around the Alliance being to paint them as good guys, but in the writers collective unconscious mind, being a ‘good guy’ is equal to being passive, defensive and non-proactive.

1 Like

Which is really, to be honest, a load of bs. The good guy should do what’s necessary to protect the people they care about first and foremost and the world entire after it. That, to me, is what being a hero is about. Not some holier than thou pacifistic approach that only gets people killed and lets evils like the Horde run rampant across the world.

I feel like at least 2-3 leaders on the Horde side would bring up the tastelessness of letting them do that given the Horde burned it down in the first place.

The Alliance will get Lordaeron and the Night Elves will settle there after cleaning it up and the Forsaken will do something with Teldrassil.

1 Like

Night Elves beat the Forsaken and won Darkshore. With the Horde getting a quest outside the Bukwark in Tirisfal Glades, I’m more inclined to believe Lordaeron will simply be un-blighted for the Forsaken.

2 Likes

Being disappointed but standing aside anyway is a central Horde theme.

So what you’re saying is that both groups will have to live in Teldrassil and Darkshore questing will be about them constantly trying to murder the other out of their half of the capital?

Joking aside, I’m expecting some elune based miracle that regrows Teldrassil and the the Horde cleans up Lordaeron and we go back to square one, minus some NPCs here and there.

Because that’s all Elune can ever-no, I said I wouldn’t rant about that again.

Good thing looking the other way until someone’s actions affect you directly is apparently an appropriate defence on azeroth.

Oddly enough, so far the 8.3 season pvp mounts look like another set of Night Elf and Forsaken ones.

That’d be nice. Not sure Blizzard would put in the effort without gameplay reason to, though.

I think a part of the problem is that blizzard feels obliged for some reason to involve Alliance (in a fairly unnatural and forced fashion) in horde internal matters. This expansion would have felt a little bit better if the alliance actually took advantage of horde disunity and ambushed them as they were engaged in their inter-factional dispute.

17 Likes

I mean, ignoring your weird little tangent … yeah, it is possible to make the Faction more interesting. However, you would need to do something about the extreme lack of moral ambiguity on the Alliance. It would also require a far different writing team, willing to actually invest in Old World building; rather than always seeking the shiny, bombastic, and new. A writing team willing to recognize that Vanilla style small stories would likely be accepted fairly well after BfA.

Just as its about time to allow the Horde a chance to become stable and grow; it is time to allow the Alliance some self-reflection and internal tension. Anduin’s choice to spare the Horde, which honestly is more of him keeping up appearances with how 8.2.5 portrays things, could easily turn into a pivot point to explore a more nuanced … divided Blue Faction. However, obtaining such a story is remote without that shift in focus towards the WORLD of Warcraft.

14 Likes

apparently is the only way for blizz to keep the faction relevant, by focusing all of it in the horde.

Lets ignore the fact that it is a triple AAA company and should be more than capable to writing one story for each faction.

i am sorry what do you mean?

i blame that more to the extreme black portrayed in the horde making us seem like angels in comparassion.

hopefully.

Ethel, only one Faction can almost always depend on Blizz going out of its way to demonize its enemies far more than is necessary; and validate a million times over even the slightest morally grey thing one of their members does. Hell, the Alliance was so much the Paragons in BfA, that they weren’t even allowed to be portrayed as the Antagonists of the Horde side of the War Story. Wut?

23 Likes

I don’t think it would be possible to resolve the Alliance’s current plot threads without -any- Horde involvement, but I think it can (and should) be minimal and not drag the Horde player in more than it already has.

At minimum, I think the story has to deal with the Horde who personally helped burn Teldrassil and any still remaining in Darkshore/Ashenvale. (Just like the story should deal with any Alliance working in Lordaeron, but there only seems to be table missions of dubious canonicity to say what’s going on there.)