Alliance bias in the story

Fandral Staghelm.
Archbishop Benedictus.
Ashvane.

Sure, they’re not these larger than life lore figures, but to claim it’s not even there is a falsehood.

2 Likes

Write to ally making dubious choices to protect your people and their interests?
Being cruel?
Do the ally oscillating between your values and needs?

No! Just the conservatism that keeps the ally something without any nuance. No, not at all.
More horses? More recolors? More races that emphasize the apathy that the horde says we have in the alliance, with junkgnomes, kultirans ( more a taste of junk food human ) and with a placebo of blood elf of purple color copied from the horde to rub salt in our wounds?

Certainly!

They didn’t willingly do this. They didn’t know that was going to happen. When he said that it was a joke, in whatever taste you believe it to be, good or poor, but he did it on his on act not Blizzard’s.

Saying that Blizzard did that is completely wrong. By that logic anything a guest does that they bring on is their fault.

Edit: For those wondering:

It’s not the most PC video if you couldn’t already tell. Let’s see if I get flagged.

It was a prerecorded video that Blizzard was happy to show their playerbase. Then they welcomed the man on stage to play some of his garbage metal. Blizzard thought it was funny. Metzen was fine with it. They all signed off on showing this at Blizzcon. Then they invited the man to perform. Never at any point did this company or their PR people think that insulting literally half your playerbase after they flew around the world and paid out the butt to attend an overpriced interactive commercial, was an incredibly stupid idea.

Blizzard is so biased toward the Horde that they forgot that this video would be viewed by thousands of Alliance players. They are that thoughtless.

4 Likes

Because the Horde have always been Warcraft’s bad guys and the Alliance are the good guys. Simple as.

The Alliance has been reacting to whatever shenanigans the Horde is up to since MoP. The Alliance is a plot device.
Go to bed now.

2 Likes

You are correct.

Wait the Alliance has a story? That’s new because all I saw them doing in BfA is react to the Horde lmao

3 Likes

K, bedtime now. :clap:

Only if you come cuddle me.

You are no Orc. Reveal yourself, Vulpera!

PD: you are the bad guys of Wow, just deal with it or roll Ally

I came here to say exactly this.

An entire city was burned down and instead of focusing on that, we get 4 cgi cinematics of the same orc sobbing about how he failed the horde. Meanwhile, all the night elves got was some terrible cutscene of Tyrande going super saiyan, getting shackled by Nathanos, and never seen again until the end of the expansion.

The Horde is evil, and the Alliance is irrelevant in terms of storyline it seems. So it’s a fair exchange.

4 Likes

You think it’s favoritism that keeps the Alliance bland and stagnant? I hate Anduin. I hate how the entire premise of this expansion was the Alliance couldn’t win the war without the Horde beating itself, established with a beautiful Saurfang centric cinematic. The Alliance can only win when the Horde beats itself in every single war. It’s boring and irritating.

3 Likes

Well, that’s what Blizzard has for the alliance.
If you are not satisfied with the blizzard’s care for Ally, Hazzy said that “the Horde is waiting for you”.

Anduin and everything else was written to awaken that exact feeling that you are feeling about the Alliance in BfA.

Except for customizations, there was nothing grand or giving the alliance its deserved “Pump Fist Moment”.
Our Pump Fist Moment was that disconsolate scene at the embassy.

Have Mercy

1 Like

Well the alliance can’t win in the actual gameplay so Blizzard has to give them a win in the story that’s ok with me.

BfA was the epitome of “The war between the Horde and the Horde is heating up, also the Alliance is there maybe!”

Sorry you didn’t like them focusing on the “it’s a video game, I want to play the bad guy this time!” crowd, but being the focal point of a story you weren’t the biggest fan of isn’t the same as not having a story and existing as a prop for more Saurfang whining.

2 Likes

Thought we were talking story wise.

It’s just Orgrimar on steroids.

Orgrimar, since Vanilla, has been a poorly laid out city.

It’s practically become a meme, that all they care about is the number of spikes. They even reference that in game, “It needs more spikes”

I’m aware about how terrible Org is.

But compare the distance travel between the portal room and the war boat for Horde.

And how quick and fast Boralus is in comparison.