Alliance AV Discord Premades are Great

Let’s turn the topic to a positive one rather than the whining QQ of a handful of sad-sack Horde.

The Alliance AV discord has been awesome. I 'm no longer ranking, so for me it’s really just about having fun crushing the spirit of Horde who wait in a 90-120 minute queue to get a meager amount of honor.

In my view, it’s payback for all the Horde farming the IWB chokepoint when the game was over to prevent Alliance from killing a few LTs.

I think we had 120 in the queue lobby last night. Even with the rare Horde spy in discord, I haven’t lost a game yet.

I know most Horde appreciate the map imbalance and have even tried things to counter the premade strat. To the whiners, suck it up buttercup. :slight_smile:

If you’ve had great or memorable experiences in the Alliance Premade AV Discord, post 'em here!

See ya’ll in the FoS!

28 Likes

haha, long last the AV discord.

1 Like

“NOOOOOO You can’t just get in a discord voice chat that’s cheating!!!”

https://i.imgur.com/FLzoyrL.png

27 Likes

Screenshot of a premade win we did the other day. This was great because instead of a single leader we had a small group collaborating on strats.

https://ibb.co/syRt1wk

Reposting for image embed

https://i.ibb.co/V293CSr/Wo-WScrn-Shot-012621-001618.jpg

Thanks for embedding!

I know Horde will probably say, “OMG LOL STRATS FOR AV?!?!” but in the Alliance AV Premade Discord, I think a lot of the strategizing isn’t how to win, since that is assumed.

The strat is more about limiting the amount of bonus honor the Horde get. One LT kill like the ss above is a very good result.

2 Likes

Tell em to use their precious racials more to hard counter those cheating prems!

1 Like

Where is Zyrius?

I want to know if this counts as “ScOrTcHeD EaRfF” when alliance do it, or if that is strictly a horde only perk in AV>.

This counts as a premade beating a pug, which is expected.

5 Likes

Ah got it.

So as long as the alliance win AV in such a manner to deny horde any bonus honor its not the same, and its a totally ok as long as its against the horde.

Just making sure for if the premades stop and people go back to complaining about alliance loss rates and you bring that double standard up again.

Nope you still fail to understand.

This didn’t happen because alliance have a map advantage, which is how horde are able to pull off scorched earth.

7 Likes

Aight cool. Got it. So pug horde playing the game and not afking is worthy of some nonsense made up term, but alliance doing the same in a premade is 100% legit, when it was alliance premades that brought blizzard in to apply the 5 man limitations.

For the record, I think its pretty neat that alliance are sync dropping to play the BG again. I just want to draw attention to your outrageous claims about “scortched earth” since you argued on this for months on end.

1 Like

The Horde try to deny Alliance bonus honor when they camp IWB in guaranteed wins, so I think that calls for some payback, don’t you?

Back in Phase 6 in Vanilla, it was pretty much understood most of the time that the teams would race to the end with minimal backcapping so both teams would get max honor.

In Classic, however, Horde want to deny Alliance even bonus honor. You reap what you sow, lol.

14 Likes

Nope horde using a strat enabled by a massive map advantage that denies alliance any decent honor and a fun game is worthy of a special term.

There’s already a term for premades beating pugs, it’s called pug stomping. And in this case horde brought it on themselves by abusing scorched earth.

4 Likes

I am currently grinding exalted on my horde priest and I don’t mind it all. Alliance premades have resulted in 15 minute queues and about a 50% win rate. I’d much rather have that than the 2 hour queues and 95% win rate I had when I was doing the exalted grind on my shaman last year.

9 Likes

Again, for the record, I don’t think there is anything wrong with this.

I am however pointing out the hypocrisy of Zryius screaming about “scorched earth”, but that apparently only exists when one side does it. Its called playing the game, not revenge or payback or whatever you want to call it.

I just don’t like the hypocrisy.

7 Likes

Yeah, I actually queued up on my Horde and it’s only 30 minutes at the moment. Since the premades don’t get into every game, it’s good for both sides.

2 Likes

yeah over the weekend I was getting queues of about 30 minutes. Last night I did 3 in a row and each took about 15-20.

The Alliance premades usually take 15-20 minutes also when you account for waiting for people to get out of current games, people taking short breaks and having to requeue to get at least 18-20 in a fresh AV. So, it’s about the same wait for premades.

I think there is a misconception that the premades just instant queue all day, but it actually can take some time to get into the same BG during primetime or on AV weekend when there are so many games rolling.

1 Like

:+1: