Alliance are fleeing via Free Transfer, faction imbalance worsened

Transfers aren’t the reason faction populations are unbalanced.

Popularity is.

9 Likes

Westfall is heavy Alliance

5 Likes

They definitely need to implement a faction queue to balance the servers. I’m a PvP player, and I like Alliance, so I’m not going anywhere, but a good percentage of Alliance players on PvP servers don’t really PvP.

Now with the Alliance losing more people, this situation is just going to get worse. The more people get ganked, the more likely they are to quit, so those of you Horde players might want to worry about this as well.

3 Likes

People simply want to be where their faction is the dominant faction.

I personally prefer the factions to be as balanced as possible, but people still want a little advantage at the end of the day…

No one wants to be stuck in the server where the other faction controls all the World Bosses and World Events…

We have seen this in retail during the entirety of WoWs history… The “imbalance” discrepancies will only grow over time as long as paid or free transfers are offered.

5 Likes

My realm is probably 70/30 in favor of Alliance, but I don’t run into a lot of issues.

2 Likes

So is Pagle
The gnome that recently replied is right, no one wants to be on a server with the lowest faction.

This seems like an issue that Blizzard can’t fix.

2 Likes

The difference with a PvE server is that - PvE. You’re not flagged in contested zones.

Don’t get us wrong. Alliance are fine with PvP; and it’s even better with balanced factions (regardless of favour).

The issue is when there is a 33/67 imbalance going on, and all questing is done with enemies all around you can’t do.

They broke the census for two reasons:

1. to avoid players from using it as a gauge for using free transfers
  2. for players to not see these numbers and avoid realms when rerolling - e.g. Alliance on Skeram or Stalagg.
10 Likes

Server transfers should be from the dominant side to an underrepresented one. It should not be open to both factions.

6 Likes

I love how one side hates losing so much that they roll the faction they know will be the majority on almost every server.

25 Likes

When you are outnumbered on a server, the only sane strategy is to switch servers. This has not been a problem for Horde because from the get go, most PVP players have gone Horde because they wanted to be in the majority faction. How many Horde players said to themselves “horde is going to be in the majority, so I think I’ll go alliance instead for the challenge”? None of you. You are crowing because you are in the majority. Congratulations, you all picked the easy faction.

43 Likes

You could reroll alliance pvp like I did. Helps bolster the ranks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

People ask why I play on a PvE server. This is why. I believe all pvp servers end up being like that in the end, the only question is how long it takes to get there. Sooner or later, every pvp realm is going to heavily favor one faction.

15 Likes

I notice Horde tend to rally more to group when threats rise up. At least on my server. Wonder if Alliance just have a issue banding together.

2 Likes

^yup.

And it reinforces the fact that PvP servers are not for PvP, they are for unbalanced ganking and ambushing.

Real PvP happens on even terms, in Battlegrounds or Arenas or duels, not at a disadvantage when someone is AFK or in the middle of a quest or 20 levels lower than the aggressor.

They shouldn’t even call them PvP servers. They should call them Pro-Horde or Pro-Alliance servers, wherein it’s just a harder difficulty server for the lesser populated faction. “Harassment servers.”

26 Likes

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised this is happening. Kirtonos is more 70% horde 30% alliance. The game was literally unplayable. I enjoy pvp servers, but when you run into a quest item hub and you’re the only alliance to 15-20 horde players and all it takes is for one of them to run up and initiate a griefing camp session, anyone would get salty and leave. Especially with honor not even being in the game yet.

Even if server transfers weren’t up, I’ve run into plenty of people who have just rerolled onto a pve server.

12 Likes

I’m pretty aggressive when it comes to pvp but I noticed a lot of alliance aren’t. Horde definitely rally better than alliance when it comes to that, but i’m sure it’s easier to do so when you have a lot more people available to call upon.

4 Likes

It’s not fair to blame players for picking a side they like better. It’s Blizzard’s fault for not implementing faction controls from day 1.

10 Likes

Both sides do the exact same thing. The experience everybody has is a bit bias to think “horde just do x better” or “alliance just avoid pvp”. Those of us that have played on both sides can tell you its literally the exact same.

Faction imbalance is a real issue. Blizzard should step in and figure something out because if you are on minority faction things just get worse as your faction becomes smaller.

When one faction grows beyond 70% they begin to just camp the minority faction because the odds are that player is the only alliance/horde to “gank” in the entire zone. So now you have 20-30 players hungry for pvp and only a handful of the opposing faction. It leads to an extremely poor experience.

17 Likes

Yeah this is getting bad.

I am on skeram horde side and Allies are having a horrible time right now just trying to do anything in the world. I really do feel bad for them.

Blizzard simply shouldn’t have allowed the smaller faction player base to transfer off.

2 Likes

Essentially they want a PvE server. Lel.

4 Likes