All you computer and coding wizards, is blizzard right?

You do realize that some of us work in these fields right? People have the knowledge even if they don’t in todays world.

People demanding solutions instantly, when that is not the way it works, here or anywhere. Does it need any further explanation? lmao.

Does the tech exist? Of course.

Does their code support it? Probably not, otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue.

Instantly???

This isn’t the first que disaster we have had good sir. Are you new here?

In fact they have had the same issues plaguing servers and gamers over and over for YEARS

Yes you have to be new here.

1 Like

They absolutely could fix all of the issues, but wotlk classic budget doesn’t allow resource allocation to fix it. And if you really work in the tech industry, you are very familiar with the term “good enough”.

They’ve had 17 years to figure out the Queue problem. This is hardly a new problem.

Never said it was new. Cool story.

I’ll just see myself out since no one can understand anything. Nothing but fix it now cuz it was a problem before.

Pretty much this. there’s all sorts of ways to do load-balancing and multiple commits to DB, synchronized DBs, time delayed DBs all sorts of fun ways they could do this. Their software simply just doesn’t support it, and it’s not worth the R&D (and we’re talking months here) to spin up that effort when wrath will die down in a few weeks. I love wrath. It’s my favorite xpac, but going back to it is going to take a lot of people by surprise, especially the cultural differences, and not as many people will be playing.

I am also familiar with a marketing strategy that was deliberately tested and used on wow players.

Dumbed down “good ole hamster wheel”.

You roll FOTM DK for example you spend a couple months gearing out and then BAM, Socked in the face. Nerfed into the ground…

But wait!! No Fear!!! They over buffed the Paladin and now everyone flocks to that class to RE GEAR all over… Then BAM

Rinse and repeat. Less development time. More $$$ for simple changes because they know human behavior.

I hate defending Blizzard but so many of you lack critical reading comprehension that it causes me physical pain.

2 Likes

Point it out. That is a blanket statement. Are you just trying to make yourself feel better, proffesor?

How much clearer do I have to get about “try reading it again”? Oh right, I forgot, you lack basic comprehension skills…

Teach a man to fish and all that.

1 Like

What about for the future? We all know retail is dying, its ghost town a few months after launch.

They HAVE to be working on something WOW related after WOTLK ends.

There is NO WAY they’re relying on Dragonflight to carry wow lol

The solution is to only allow as many people on a server that it can support. Their mistake was ever allowing so many on a single server before closing character creation.

Again…

Nobody knows what you are actually referring to with your blanket statement of “Herrrpppp, nobody naws how ta read”…

Blizz

Blizzard is all about the short-term gains. Once the acquisition of Microsoft is complete, they don’t have to worry about it. There is no long-term game for blizzard at this point. In fact, Blizzard hasn’t considered the long-term impact of their decisions for about a decade, which is clearly visible based on their peak users logging into wow dropping from 12 million to under 2 million from its peak.

I mean, if you’re capable of reading the original post (which was made by YOU btw, in case you forgot), and then reading my reply, context should not be very difficult for anyone over the mental age of 10 to puzzle out.

Good luck out there, you will most definitely need it.

I don’t have to read anything. I know what I posted and it all made sense.

I work more than you.
I make more than you.
My iq is definitely higher than yours…

Since you want to play “that guy” on the interwebs, there you go bud.

Join me on discoord for a discussion?

If you work more than we do, then why do you play WoW? If you make more than we do why do you live in a dumpster? If you’re IQ is higher than ours then why can’t you read blue posts and or comprehend the simplest of things?

1 Like