All the Pets Megathread and Lounge!

Oh gambian pouched rats are so cool.

Then you got the dwarf rats that are just always baby sized lol

2 Likes

Dis my cat. His name is Gray. He is adorbs, but he doesn’t like people too much. Which is fine, since I don’t often want to be a people either. :stuck_out_tongue:

He is holding down the fort…I mean blankets. They are his now.

7 Likes

I don’t blame you there! And cute kitty!

1 Like

Haha well I have had a lot of rodents in my life from Hamsters to more exotic types like Patagonian Cavy’s ( small dog sized Guinea pigs essentially ), I dont know why but I have always felt like I could relate best to them out of all the animal orders. Once my kids are old enough im absolutely going back to it

3 Likes

I had a pet rat once, they are so playful and seem like they are just as smart as cats, there is a video of a rat avoiding a rat trap by setting it off with a stick before grabbing the food.

As for my rat, I never thought I would cry over the loss of a rat but I did, especially when it was my fault for shooting her in the face. When the BB gun was unloaded it would shoot a puff of air and she would jump around and then run up my arm etc… she loved that puff of air… until the day came when I forgot the gun was loaded with BBs.
:rat:

2 Likes

Rodents tend to be more empathetic so you bond quickly once a rat trusts you. I get it.

My first rat even fell asleep on my lap the first night I had her. Its kinda one of my favorite memories

3 Likes

yeah and skittish like me haha have me tearing up now thinking about all my wonderful babies, my pockets are so empty without them. If paradise is real mine will be full of rodents and every piece of furniture will be gnawed.

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/MVy1bpK

My cat Charlie (mid yawn)

:joy:

4 Likes

Keeping this WOW related so has a chance to survive this is my pet his name is Hati and after Legion hunters and non hunters banded together and saved him.
#Hunters4Hati #SaveHati

3 Likes

Cute kitty!

3 Likes

Ooooh no…

That stinks :frowning:

I forget what all a person has to do for that. Isn’t it a quest chain in bfa?

1 Like

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe don’t post vids that have that right in the thumbnail

2 Likes

From Wowhead below is how to tame the goodest of boys Hati :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

• Beast Mastery Hunters will receive a questline from the image of Mimiron in Tradewinds Market or the Great Bazaar.

• The first quest is Spark of Genius where Mimiron sends you to Storm Peaks, the home of Hati and his brother Skoll. There you will investigate an energy signature that tripped some of his detection relays. Mimiron thinks that this might be Hati and wants to investigate further.

• In Telemetry Online you must help and defend Mimiron while he tries to determine where this energy signal is coming from. Your journey takes you to the Temple of Storms to have a chat with Thorim.

• After venturing to the Temple of Storms, Mimiron tells you that the energy sources are coming from places where Hati performed great sacrifices. During The Huntsman’s Creed, the confused essence of Hati will spawn. Players will need to weaken Hati’s essence before using the Thunderspark provided by Mimiron to bind his essence.

• Next, Paid in Blood takes us over to Silithus, the place of Hati’s final sacrifice. Once again, we must soothe Hati’s essence. This time, Thorim shows up to lend a helping hand.

• After calming the essences of Hati, Spark of Imagination takes us inside of Ulduar where we head to the Spark of Imagination.

• Once you arrive, Mimiron begins the ritual to fuse Hati’s essences together in Bonds of Thunder. Afterward, Hati becomes tameable.

• After successfully taming Hati, Thorim requests the presence of both you and Hati back at the Temple of Storms in Homeward Bound.

• Finally, in Reverberation, Thorim tells you that linking the Thunderspark physically to the Temple of Storms allows you to modify the appearance of Hati, allowing you to change Hati to all 5 different variations we were able to obtain during Legion, along with a new one from this questline.

2 Likes

AH I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION AND JUST LIKED THE POST!

Please remove that vid!

Edit: it wont let me unlike the post.

Edit 2: thank you for fixing it.

2 Likes

Alright it’s gone. Odd the video doesn’t even have that shot in it

Crazy sensitives

All good ya thumbnails can do that.

And in response to what you posted before, I get where you’re coming from due to the specific circumstances that you had. I adopted Cutie and Harley my other fur baby was a rescue from the driveway.

But hey if you have any pictures of your pup you’re more than welcome to post them here. Put a ` at the start and end of a link in order to post pictures. :slight_smile:

wowhead.com it will look like that if formatted correctly… or use a twitter link either one works.

It isn’t that it’s more along the lines of it isn’t appropriate here. I don’t want to see the thread get deleted.

1 Like

This was my purebred Arabian mare I had for many years she died at 30 so been gone now for so long still miss her.

5 Likes

Awe I’m sorry for your loss. She is such a pretty horse! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you and 30 is a very good age for a horse that is well cared for to live she was given to my family by my aunt who couldn’t take care of her anymore and we never gave her back I even remember her mother another purebred Arab.

2 Likes

I once had both pet mice and pet rats.

The mice got a bit out of hand! I had standard mice of nearly any color, as well as fancy mice. So I had angoras, satins, and satin angoras! Angora means long haired and satin is a really neat super shiny fur. Even white or brown satin mice are shiny.

I also had 4 rats. Agouti (the standard multi color brown), a grey and white rex, and two black and white ones that were rescues.

The rex was called Nikki (short for Nicodemus). She used to love cudding in my collar under my hair. They were so so clean and neat. Always used the cage and let me know when to put down for potty, let me trim nail tips, and even got to go on some education field trips for children (with proper respectful handling taught).

They all don’t live long though. I ended up giving away the mice at some point when life and career made it impossible to handle. I was not home enough to care for anything.

I now have 3 cats from the local shelter. One I adopted as a 2.5 year old adult, the other two as kittens. That will probably be it though. Any more cats will probably be through the sunset foster program once my current cats go over the bridge. The foster program would let me care for an older or special needs cat while they cover the vet bills.

7 Likes