All the best to you, Bloodsail

I was going to write a little IC thing, but time is short this morning. Lorith received a letter last week from her family, who have been travelling with their trading caravan throughout Kalimdor. They have returned from the frontier and are returning to Menethil, though plan to go back out again, and have invited Lorith to go along with them.

She never wanted to be parted from her kin; they just weren’t sure if it was safe over there, so they had left her behind. So she’s been doing odd jobs, and got this gig working in a tavern, first Tuesday nights at the Recluse, then Thursday nights in a new tavern she helped open in the Park. But now it’s time to pack up and go.

Luckily, she found someone to take over the place. Kirsti has already ordered brilliant new tabards, in deep red with the compass rose of Journey’s End.

I hope, as much as Lorith does, you’ll continue to join Kirsti for friendly, welcoming tavern RP in the Park on Thursday nights, and continue to nurture and diversify the roleplaying community of Bloodsail. Returning to Classic and hosting a tavern again – after eight years away – was a great experience, and I hate to leave it as much as Lorith does, but I have an exciting work opportunity that is eating up all my extra time (in a very good way) and in these uncertain times we’ve got to strike while the iron is hot. I have greatly enjoyed the community here – it is indeed a chill, laid-back server, with a lot of friendly people. It was wonderful to see some old faces from the old days. It was even better to see a new community rise out of all these disparate players coming back to Classic or experiencing it for the first time.

I never joined a guild, but I want to thank Awakenings, The August Coterie, and The Blackbird Ring for making me feel part of something. I don’t think I will be able to post here after my sub runs out this week, but I will keep the RP Events calendar up-to-date on the Server Discord as long as I can.

I wish you all luck and success in The War Effort and beyond, in all your stories and character arcs. Remember to /join RP and keep the community growing! If I walk back into the Park someday, I want to see some chatting around the moonwell.

All the best, Bloodsail! Sail on!

7 Likes

Farewell! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!

Thank you so much for taking your time and making the RP community a better place, Lorith! I really enjoyed the chill atmosphere you’ve fostered in the Journey’s End Tavern. It will be sad to see you go, but it sounds like you’ll be delving into a fantastic and fun endeavor in real life! All the best to you and if you ever find the time, please do come back! We will all miss you. <3

1 Like

Lorith, you were one of the first regular names I started to recognize when checking out the roleplaying scene on this server. I really think your regular hosting of the tavern, and all the effort you’ve put into the weekly calendars and forum threads, made a huge impact in helping a server community get off its feet in the early months. Thanks so much for being awesome, and your new work opportunity is lucky to have you!

Safe travels.

3 Likes