All TBC servers will progress to WOTLK

The clone fee didn’t affect me, because I didn’t want to go back to Vanilla anyway.

1 Like

agreed we need tbc era so bad

12 Likes

I’d like to be able to play any random era of wow eventually. They don’t need more than 1 or 2 servers for each.

My gut says the real reason for this is TBC pservers aren’t as popular… so they don’t feel the need to defend that IP as much as classic or wrath.

2 Likes

I’m not a big TBC fan, but I don’t see a reason not to have 1 pvp and 1 pve eternal TBC servers.

12 Likes

Great. They ruined Wrath and now wont give us the option to stay in Tbc, it’s getting better every day.

13 Likes

so you want to be the one guy on tbc forever never to encounter another player?

So tell me about a x private server with a ‘‘forever’’ xpac with more than 20k people online at same time. That’s one guy to you?

6 Likes

go look at classic forever servers if you want to see how it would actually be on these servers where an option to progress is there.

classic era servers are more populated than some tbc servers

I’m primarily concerned with the precedent this will set with regards to WOTLK and CATA. Surely they can afford to keep up 2 servers per region for those that want to keep playing TBC.

13 Likes

what classic realms are populated? for the most part none of them have anyone.

i think they just need to reduce the servers on TBC, and Classic Classic and thats about the best we can do.

I never really got to play Classic so I just had to go onto TBC because all the realms on classic were just dead because everyone went to TBC, how much longer are they going to push this? are they going to force everyone to move to CATA next?

4 Likes

There are still guilds running old raids on classic forever servers. Blizz just needs to make the forever servers cross realm so all the players are connected, or just merge all the servers to a single pve and single pvp server.

Bringing back classic servers to give the option to players to play their favorite expansion only to take that option away after ~2 years of the expansion being out is how they will loose these players back to private servers once an expansion’s run is over.

4 Likes

I think a merge is the best bet we can go for…

also what are classic forever servers?

1 Like

Same. If I will just eventually be forced to progress into Cataclysm then I’ll hang up my hat and call it done. I quit after the pre-Cataclysm patch the first time because I wasn’t overly keen on what they were proposing and I don’t see me changing my mind this time around.

3 Likes

It would be preferred to be able to play on TBC Era // Forever servers.

Very much looking forward towards playing Arena matches and Dueling as I pleased on those servers.

There is such a uniqueness about playing TBC PvP that I don’t want to lose the ability to do it.

5 Likes

Likely there will be. It might be a nerf to bosses, but I see no reason why a player won’t have a level 70 twink but the addition of raid wide buffs will mean that managing people by a group basis will be no more, so it will be a few support classes and twink gdkp might be a thing.

They need to add Era realms for TBC Classic… Felt like we got a rushed TBC experience and I don’t feel like continuing to WotLK.

8 Likes

I understand why they don’t want to do cloning again this time - everyone scattered across multiple low pop servers didn’t help those who wanted to remain behind. But the idea of having no available TBC servers feels wrong. If nothing else, make a few fresh TBC servers so the people who want to stay can build new community there.

I am also concerned about the precedent this sets for Cataclysm classic. I would hope they realize that forcibly progressing Wrath servers to Cataclysm would be a terrible idea but it would be nice to have confirmation that it won’t happen.

In my ideal world, no characters move forward from Wrath and Cataclysm servers are all fresh with no boosts to fit the RP of the breaking of the world. I doubt they’d go that far, but moving forward should be optional and at least some fresh Cata servers for those who want the full economy reset.

(re-post of above with the correct character lol)

6 Likes

Everyone who wants to stay behind should be able to do and they can just put all the players who to stay behind on one server

8 Likes

This would draw me back in, but hopefully it’s not SoM style.

2 Likes