All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

At one point transfers were free. People refused to leave the community they had become a part of. I agree Blizzard initially gave them two bad choices, stay and deal with queues or leave and rebuild a community/friends. Unfortunately EVERYONE chose the same choice which was stay and now it is queue hell. You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

You can stop camels from coming to share that water though.
Closing transfers and creation - at the very least for the dominant faction - was the right move. Keeping layers as long as population was too high was the right move.

Don’t really get why people keep trying to argue with Joyson. He is an obvious troll, just let him in his cave.

2 Likes

Someone else mentioned World Bosses as being the main reason that Blizzard wanted to de-layer.

That makes sense to me. But that suggests that Blizzard have always had a time-frame in mind on when to de-layer, possibly forcefully, and failed to communicate that to majority of the playerbase, along with the consequences of failing to deal with the server population issue.

Which is arguably a worse crime then making a mistake with some data-analysis and delayering early.

I wonder if they just averaged the pops across all the servers in the region, or fed arugal to the wolves for the sake of the others.

The fact you could let others transfer here, because our gates were open and not theirs, whilst 5 hour queues happens boggles me, considering the restrictions in place to prevent people from cheesing gong ringing before the gates.

No there just locking our posts

List of times and queue before I cbf doing any more.
8:20pm - 2770/256min
7:45pm - 2975/280min
7:20pm - 3096/287min
6:45pm - 3173/293min
6:20pm - 3228/295min
5:50pm - 3222/284min
5:40pm - 3198/272min
5:30pm - 3126/255min
5:20pm - 3047/247min
5:10pm - 3018/243min
5:00pm - 2927/233min
4:50pm - 2850/221min
4:40pm - 2727/207min
4:30pm - 2599/190min
4:20pm - 2487/180min
4:10pm - 2367/164min
4:00pm - 2239/159min
3:50pm - 1820/120min

4 Hour queue at 8:30pm and we still have a queue at 11pm at night so yeh there are some real world stats everyone can understand.

5 Likes

Nah they dumb

Your numbers seem surprisingly close to the horde side, although I only did a few spot checks…

This would suggest to me that they arn’t doing any Faction balancing at all…

Nope doesnt look like it from others I have checked as well. On the bright side if you leave the queue and rejoin quick you hold your place temporarily(not sure on the time limit)

To do this I had to use my multiple accounts im paying a month subscription fee for and change account every 10min to check on the queue. Would suck to not have any use for these additional accounts any more and have to cancel my subscription saving over $60 per month :frowning:

They are locking and merging all of our topics - I hope this means we can get a response from old mate Kaivax about this.

2 Likes

Thats because they were spam and against forum ToS. They issued their feelings at the time of them removing layering. I would not expect any more clarification until maybe Tuesday… and I do not think you will like what they announce. This was not an oversight or a mistake. They knew what was going to happen prior to their removing layering. They removed it anyway. That says a lot.

1 Like

That’s not a response. That’s an announcement.

We are providing our thoughts and feelings about the announcement.

Now is their opportunity to respond.

I’ve read a few of your replies - and a few others on this thread.

I’m not going to engage with any of you any further outside of this;

Your opinions are noted, and discarded. Your decrying of our situation is meaningless and worthless. Go play your game and we’ll play ours. If you don’t want layering on YOUR server, then that is ok - stay on your server. Arugal as a community is speaking out about how we feel about OUR server and community.

Either you are being willfully obtuse or trolling - all it says is you don’t really understand our community in the slightest or how we want to play our classic experience.

Everyone else; ignore Aersia and others like them. Do not give them the satisfaction and attention they are clearly craving by constantly attempting to strike our nerves. Let them wallow and be jerks in their own little caves.

2 Likes

You do not get to pick how you play your classic experience outside of whatever rule sets Blizzard gives you. You want layering and they do not. You are in a position of weakness while they are in a position of strength. You see where this is going yes?

1 Like

It says that they don’t know what they are doing. Your opinion conflicts with Blizzard’s own statement.

Did you make these comments the last 2 times we’ve been through this? The only thing made clear from Blizzard is that they continually underestimate how much we need layers. There has been no mention of wanting us to xfer off, in fact they stated it was safe to transfer to.

Um no. You can go back through the history of their posts since Classic launch. They wanted ALL layers removed in time for world bosses. They have brought some back off and on but their stance has not changed. They openly said that layers are NOT part of their design for Classic and they do not wish to have them. This is not my opinion, it is Blizzards.

We will see. Enjoy tomorrow’s flood of posts. Layers are needed until they are not and our 5 hour queues speak for themselves.

I mean this is great and all, but can we do something in cities to address buff drop lag? Pretty silly to have 10-15 minute lag on a buff actually going out after being turned in.

and yet, they allowed megaservers to exist and refused to fix the problems that created the population issues that led to them being needed.

1 Like

I will never understand you low energy people defending a multi billion dollar company that has cleary miss-managed Classic the entire way, like what are you getting out of it? do you get gold stars everytime you defend Blizzards poor choices?

10 Likes

i just got a hate message from someone in-game over my pro-layering posts in this thread. some of you are really just too much, lmao.

4 Likes

People just like to apply common sense and call out nonsense