All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

While I understand some of the issues some players have with layers, on a big server like Arugal we’re seeing the large problems the squish is causing.

Most notably the queues that require one to log in up to 4 hours in advance, for guilds that raid on weekdays this is going to be nothing short of a nightmare especially with many members either studying or working even during COVID19.

And even if you get in, major cities are neigh unplayable due to the lag. You’ll be waiting minutes to even open your mailbox to get the consumables you need for raiding.

Please Blizzard, Big servers aren’t playable without layers and probably won’t be playable without them for long while now.

1 Like

Right, but the primary complaint is that Blizzard handled this poorly.

They need to

1. Immediately bring back layers.
  2. Freeze new character creation on arugal, as a disincentive to playing on Arugal. (this would also flush the bot characters out as they get reported.)
  3. Offer free transfers (away from arugal), and idk what other bonus, but SOMETHING.
  4. When the math checks out that queues would drop below 30m at PEAK au times on raid nights, disable layering.
  5. re-enable Character creation, at some point in the future.

The only answer in the short-term is to get guilds to rotate raid nights.

Blizzard needs to admit they messed up with OCE at the start. A server pop cap was 3000 in Vanilla, but for Classic we got 1 PVP server for OCE at the start. It was over at that point and they made a mega server. Blizz needs to:

1. Bring back layers
  2. disable new accounts creating characters on arugal
  3. disable transfers to arugal
    Arugal should only be unlocked AFTER irongorge.pro logs show that the pop is under 3k players.

Hell, they could even disable transfers only on Horde side, to try to even up the ally/horde split while they are at it.

the only thing i agree with is the free transfers. everything else affects all players in a negative way.

Not more so then 5 hour queues on raid night. and as per my plan, they would be temporary measures.

temporary or not, they would be large scale changes that would affect the entire server. some players on arugal dont want layering. some players dont want new character creation to be disabled. these things need to be kept as they are, with minimal changes, even if temporary, used to solve the overpopulation issue of arugal. the most direct and least heavy handed method to solve this issue is to once again offer the opportunity to freely transfer to any other pvp server in that region for a week.

That alone won’t solve the issue. Unless you expect the queues to be the only motivator? In which case you are heartless.

Shut up Joyson you dont even play on OCE get out of here

5 Likes

are the ques not the most motivating aspect of the decision about whether or not to server transfer? understandably, most dont want to leave a community behind, but if the transfers were free, what would stop you and your communities from convening and transferring en mass to the server of your preference?

Arugal player here.

I have been in queue since 4pm,still in queue at 400 spot no. I had to drive home with my laptop in passenger seat via 4G with multiple stops to get reconnected into queue spot. Our guilds raid night has been trashed tonight.

The timing of this change is beyond stupid with AQ opening, Blizzard have demonstrated their complete incompetence in managing Classic yet again. No announcement or communication just change implemented as guilds heading into AQ.

There should be an immediate roll back of this change, put layers back in so players can actually play the game paying for, then fire the imbeciles responsible for this and hire competent management to run Classic.

4 Likes

What is stopping us even if there were free transfers is the fact AQ is still locked on all other OCE realms.

yeah that is a bit of a predicament. i dont think the solution is to layer arugal however. if they just layered arugal again, the problem wouldnt be solved, it would just get pushed far into the future.

We would still be locked out of servers in which we made alts of the opposing faction. Naturally this makes it nearly impossible for a full guild to transfer together.

1 Like

does deleting those alts allow you to transfer to that server?

yes - do you think that is a reasonable requirement though?

1 Like

i mean, do you have opposite faction characters on every oceanic pvp server? i feel like your situation is an exception…

Blizzard Management: Ok team! We’re going to remove layering again!

Random Employee: Are you sure… last time we did that Arugal had 5hr + queues, forcing people to stop playing the game, or to remote login to hold their position in queue further aggravating the problem… maybe just keep layering since the population is too large?

Blizzard Management: No screw you, layering is off it will all be fine.

1 Like

Across an entire guild all servers will have someone unwilling to transfer due to alts. Or it’s felstriker…

1 Like