All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

Again, proving my point that you do not even understand the core issue of what you are asking. Christ, you gonna ruin the last bastion we have for vanilla wow.

And you all asked for it too, like sheep. Yikes.

1 Like

That ship has sailed. The moment servers became so big that 10h queues were a norm. Experience has been ruined from day 1 by poor forecasting.

Now it needs to be fixed. The fact you’d rather everyone have a bad time in classic is telling.

There won’t be new servers if over half the community is disgusted by how it turns out.

1 Like

Go back to Netherwind and play the game. Let us try and deal with our issue.

You talk about vanilla wow, Vanilla was 15 years ago. Why should people be forced to reroll and leave there server community. The issue is easy add layers back.

Not only poor forecasting but even worse back-up plans… bandaids at best

Please come down from on high and educate me then, o’ enlightened one.

Pretty sure no Arugal player actually wants there to be layers, but the fact is due to the situation Blizzard created a year ago and has offered no remedy for other than expecting people to re-invest hundreds of hours and/or dollars, we NEED layers to have a functioning, playable server.

If you, or they, can come up with a better solution than #reroll or pay $34AUD per toon that isn’t layering, I’m all ears brightspark.

the best solution would be to add more servers for that location, and offer free transfers for a week for that location.

Sweeet lets refarm for the aq40 openning.

1 Like

Even that would not be enough. No one wants to start the war effort again.
But that’s not happening anyway. They won’t offer free transfers from a server that they opened account creation and incoming transfers to.

Admittedly, they could just have the gates already open if it’s exclusively Arugal migrants.
(Not saying it’s a good solution, just saying that particular problem could be dealt with)

We all know a better solution.

That offer had been made in the past, I’m pretty sure, with free transfers to Felstriker and while a chunk people took them up on it, it wasn’t anywhere near as effective as was hoped because it wasn’t just people not wanting to lose their own guild or close friends, but also the broader community and the knowledge and interactions with other players and guilds on the server. And that’s a big deal since player investment and community are basically the two biggest sellers of this game that aren’t gambling addiction :stuck_out_tongue:

And it was all for naught since they allowed paid transfers back anyway and let people roll on Arugal freely anyway, allowing relentless bots to further compound the issue due to wanting to be where the biggest market is.

I mean, if they ultimatum’d and said “We’re not bringing back layers, you either take the free xfer to new/dead server or you stay and endure multi-hour, raid-impeding queues”, I think they’d have a few more bites and found a way to more openly advertise it (Even server announcements/in-game mail), they may have a little more success, but it’ll still then cop backlash for being totalitarian.

1 Like

this is the best long term solution

1 Like

It’s not. Not with open transfers and account creations.

There has to be a better time to force players off realm than at the start of a fresh tier. Guilds have been planning this stage for months and right when they are able to earn the fruits of their labour, Blizzard stops them from being able to play.

1 Like

Absolutely. Layer for a month or two on a server that almost unanimously appears to be demanding it, then make the offer/ultimatum if that’s the route you want to go down. Doing it now would be downright suicidal.

1 Like

It would be slightly different if every server got the content at the same time and server transfers were free. The problem is we are the only server with AQ currently open.

Yojamba is 5days and 10hours away.
Remulos is only 70% of the way there.
Felstriker is only 70% of the way there.

1 Like

nobody would be forcing anyone to do anything. everyone knew blizzard would remove layering at some point. even the people on arugal.

No. Considering the population, keeping layering was the intelligent thing to do.
What blizzard said pre-release is inconsequential : layering have been removed then brought back already.

So what is your proposition?
We pay to move to another oceanic realm and not do current content?
or
We pay to move to a NA realm and play with 250-300ms and a dead server during our primetime?