All Quest Tracking Clearing on Re-Log: Happens on Different Clients, Multiple Accounts

Same thing happening to me too. I was trying so many fixes for it before coming across this thread. I keep forgetting what I’m tracking and it’s driving me crazy. Blizz please fix this soon!

(Also so weird that its using one of my alts to post this… never had this issue before. Don’t know why its choosing this one I have no idea how to make it go back to my main. hhhhh)

it is annoying and Blizzard is ignoring us. It has happened to just about everyone I play with. It isn’t us - IT IS A BUG.

1 Like

I just logged into WOW and had a small download. It looks like this is fixed, but you still need to Track the quests, but as far as I can test over 4 characters and 2 servers the quests are staying put after re track them and logging out.

What are your results?

Still seems to be an issue for me :confused:

1 Like

The client update seems to have fixed things for me (had to restart the Battle.Net client to pick it up). I even enabled addons, including some that I know are currently throwing errors.

Also confirming this is fixed for me after updating the client

This is still not fixed for me, even after updating client.

1 Like

Same all of my items in the Quest Log are now untracked, and when I manually re-track them, they revert to untracked upon logging in and out.

My quest log itself looks off… the Campaign is not showing at the top, hard to explain, but something is off with it.

No, it has nothing to do with Raiding or M+ so it is not a priority to them.

Judging from what I have been reading in other forums and the number of issues the devs have been dealing with in the past few weeks - I’d say this is a pretty low-priority item … if it even made it to any sort of dev fix-it list. It might be tied to something larger, as some have speculated, even so, it may be a while before they acknowledge this is an issue, much less provide a fix. But who knows … maybe in one of these daily 7am server updates, it will just magically appear as fixed.

Same here and its annoying. I track quests for a specific area I am in and untrack those I don’t need at the moment. I’m now having to redo the entire thing every time I log in. I need to start screen shotting my quests. I also usually set them in a particular order to make things a little easier when playing with others.

This is now affecting all of my level 70 chars, 18 of them. Any news on this issue?

Might be fixed? I logged in this morning and tracked my outstanding quests then exited the game. When I logged back in they were still there.

Logged in this morning and the quests were not showing. Tracked them all and logged out and into another toon. Same thing, so tracked all quests for that one. Logged back into the first toon and all the quests showed up as tracked. Logged into the second one and same thing. So it appears as if the problem has been resolved. Fingers/claws crossed.

1 Like

Appears it’s been fixed.

This appears to be fixed for me as well, though no mention in the last hotfixes.

Having the same problem since the last “extra” maintenance. Not the normal Tuesday one, but one on Thursday (20th).
So as I read many comments and seeing the console command to set seeing the quest logs to “1” (meaning on) and that not being kept I would have to assume Blizzard needs to review what they did on the 20th maintenance.
– Note Well, I had my new mount earlier than the problem’s origin.
– I can open the Quest Log for each character and set those that should be tracked to “tracking”. But as observed above that is lost on quitting.
– I will try a variant of the console command suggested - that is by setting things to be tracked then running the command. Really just curious if it matters.

This is today, July 23, 2022.
As I stated above it was NOT fixed, not even after I set up some quests to be tracked it was NOT held.
So, as I stated, I would try the use of - /console autoQuestWatch 1 - to fix the problem.
Part A - just entering this command in the Comment line and then Quitting and re-starting did not fix the issue.
Part B - for completeness sake. I set up a couple quests to be tracked and Quit. restarting dod not have these shown.
Part C - I set up some quests to be tracked. THEN I entered the command into the Comment line. After I exited and restarted and loading that character the tracked quests were still displayed.
So one might claim problem solved.
To be complete I logged a second character, set up some quests to be tracked. then I quit and restarted. the tracked quests showed.
And to be obnoxiously complete I did the same for a third character. And the quests to track were still shown after quitting and restarting.

So if you are still having the issue then do this:
1 - Log in your character.
2 - Set up quests to be tracked.
3 - Enter - /console autoQuestWatch 1 - into the Comment line and press Enter.

2 Likes

I had this issue as well. I had recently picked up the “Harbor Griffon” and noticed that it wasn’t flying correctly (basically running in the sky with no flappy wings). So I decided to return to Stormwind today to see if it was fixed. Low and behold, the mount does what it’s supposed to. I decided to return to Valdrakken, logged out, then logged back in. Quests still are there, they didn’t clear like they have for the past few days. We’ll see what happens tomorrow when I log back in.

That worked, thanks!