All Quest Tracking Clearing on Re-Log: Happens on Different Clients, Multiple Accounts

I’m having this issue on all of my characters, as well. I think it started last night, but I had experienced a DC and thought it was just because of that. I can re-track quests, log out, log in, and they are no longer tracked.

Besides the quest tracking disappearing, I’m also losing achievements I was tracking and all the work orders I have favorited disappeared as well. Retrack/favorite and disappear when logging back in.

1 Like

Despite Vrakthris’ attempts in the Tech Support forum, this issue is not going to go away with any client-side troubleshooting. It’s real, and it is happening now. I have done all the troubleshooting steps, removing those 3 foul folders, deleting add-ons, resetting the UI to default and running the file checker … except to wipe WoW completely off my disk and reinstall it (which is not going to happen … shades of Windows Millennium and Vista). The issue still persists.

Horde or Alliance, no matter the level, race or class (I only play on Uldum-US), this is still an issue. Select the quests or achievements you want to be tracked, log out and then log back in (immediately or later), and waa-laa, the “Objective Tracker” is empty, cleared of any pesky quests. Magic. I’d say the problem lies within the Objective Tracker itself rather than something from the outside or with what you put in it.

In all actuality, this is no more than a nuisance and can be lived with, unlike the phasing errors that were wreaking havoc moving in or out of WoD’s garrison and were only recently fixed.

Dear Bliz,
You do not have to admit it is an issue, just fix it.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Please fix… still happening…

Sane issue here, help me obiwan kenobi you are my only hope.

1 Like

Same Problem here, happen to me 2 days ago.

So i have been noticing this issue for a while now on my max levels as well as my low levels. I spend some of my spare time when i can’t dedicate to a keystone or something just screwing around leveling new characters. During that process i noticed something a bit odd. I chose to level a new troll monk, and did so by starting in Exiles reach for whatever odd reason. During my time in Exiles reach, I logged out for various reasons 3 times. None of those times cleared my quest log. After finishing the island and going to orgrimar and doing all the intro things, including the quest that teaches you what mounts are and gives you a free one, i went to zuldazar and did a couple things. On the next login to that character, my quest log was cleared out. It is worth noting that the mount that quest rewards was a basic racial mount that i already own so i didn’t actually claim the mount. Thought i would add some more info to this issue.

I have three level 70 toons, and they all have this problem too. I’m pretty sure it started on Wednesday, or at least I didn’t notice it on Tuesday.

Can confirming I’m having this issue as well, only just started up on my gnome rogue

Also got this issue on all 20 lvl70 chars i got. Started this ID.

Same issue for me, after log off and relog in quest list is gone and all previous quests are “untracked” in the quest log. Happened right after Tuesday maintenance.

When is this major regressions going to get a look - or at least a comment, @Blizzard? Too busy in court with MSFT talking to the SEC?

Has been happening to me since Wednesday evening. And not just quests, all achievement tracking is being cleared as well.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I don’t use any addons at all so it can’t be an addon causing it.

1 Like

Achievements were already having tons of issues with tracking in recent weeks….so maybe this is on purpose guys…

If they can’t see how badly things aren’t tracking they won’t be able to tell that they aren’t tracking properly

It’s genius!

2 Likes

I too am having this issue as of last night (July 20th). It’s so frustrating.

bug got me to, quest log all gone

I propose this is intentional to trick us into thinking we’re done.

Same here, started yesterday, not tracking cheeves either.

In addition to quest / achievement tracking getting reset on logout, the crafting window has forgotten favorites on all my characters.