All my characters are gone

Returning after a decade and I can’t find any of my characters. I know what server I was on and it was all empty. I thought it might take a day or two since I reactivated on a patch night, but they’re all still missing. Is there a recovery process or am I just SoL?

First, do login to the server completely, you may have to create a new character. This should refresh your realm list.

Second, are you sure you are logging into the correct account and game licence?

Third, is this in classic? Many realms recently merged, with the mergers still ongoing, possibly making the characters not available.

2 Likes

Classic wasn’t available a decade ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Make sure you are choosing the correct game license and game version. If you are coming back after a decade then choose “World of Warcraft”, and assuming your main account is the first one you made, choose “WoW1” as your game license.

1 Like

Your characters would be visible even if your account was inactive, you just wouldn’t be able to access them.

From what I can see, Bmud, while this WoW license was created back in 2014, you haven’t had game time on it, except for the initial month of game time, until when you activated the account recently.

My guess is that you have another Battle.net account out there somewhere. If you can recall some character specific information, such as character names, classes, realms, races, etc… I might be able to find it and at least point you in the right direction.

6 Likes

If the account is that old, it may have a custom name (which would have been your original WoW login username from before the Bnet merger). Not sure exactly when the changeover occurred, but I know my original account from Vanilla is listed by its original custom login, with my more recent WoW1 account below it.

2 Likes

I can give you a few names and the server they are on. Notatank, undead priest, Leroybrown, blood elf paladin, Fistan, blood elf mage, they are all on Trollbane, or at least they should be. Im looking to see if I have anything from Blizzard at another email address too.

Found them.

Looks like they are on a different Battle.net account, which may have been locked at some point.

The email address associated with the account is an @Aim address, which matches the BattleTag you had on that account. Which you should be familiar with. :slight_smile:

If you still have access to that email address you may be able to reset the password to regain access. Otherwise, you’ll need to submit a ticket to have our staff recover it.

5 Likes

I haven’t used it in so long that when I went to AOL to recover it I was notified that the address has been deactivated. Thank you, I’ll get started on a ticket

6 Likes

your reply just saved another person <3 thank you so much. I thought I was going nuts when I saw my toon gone

3 Likes

Glad it helped but be mindful of the dates this thread 2 yrs old.

1 Like