All Monks Need to Yell for Changes

Technically did get some… As to why. Who the heck knows

0.2% to evasive stride conduit… Celestial front end nerf wont see it gain any value until rank 11 or 12

You know how they can fix it? Give us TeB back, revert SEF back to original, and make TeB not increase sef dmg too.

1 Like

The new Faeline Stomp is so good!
Its exciting to find something fun to play with.

1 Like

does it still work the same?

They removed the orbs it spawned and added a butt load of damage. Also heals 5 allies for quite a bit.

Also has a target cap of 5.

But all the other stuff same right? Pound a tree into the ground and stand in it to try and get the cd back?

yup
:panda_face:

Hm will have to check it out

“elixer: never used dont care” LMAO this is so accurate. how the funk are they going to tune this before fixing actual issues??? who in the colonel sanders cares about energizing elixer? that will never be more useful than the other 2. As a WW sure we have some downtime but ive never been starved that bad for energy or chi. this is ridiculous. ALright whos D**k do i have to suck to change things around here???/

1 Like

I’d jab>jab>uplift the thread but we apparently aren’t allowed to do that these days.
I don’t comprehend how Blizzard went from MoP monks to where they are now.

10 Likes

3 different lead devs since then

Just my 2 cents here, I’m hoping someone at Blizzard considers this.

I want to play a Fistweaving build in Shadowlands here’s my thoughts on what needs to be re-worked and updated to make that a reality,

1. Please reduce the cooldown on Chi-Ji consider making it a 1 to 2 min CD

2. The CDR values on Soulbinds seem too low for instance Jade Bond.

3. Spinning Crane Kick needs to be looked at consider rolling it into Ancient Teachings of the Monastery.

4. For Spinning Crane Kick give MW the WW passive as well for scaling up damage to incentivize usage in small format content.

5. Essence Font doesn’t really fit well with the gameplay of Fistweavers right now, I’m not sure of the best way to “Fix” this consider maybe making it a talent and providing some option for Fistweavers, or maybe allow other damaging abilities to be used during it’s channel?

6. As plenty of other folks have spoken about making renewal and life cocoon external staggers, this is much more thematic and brings the spec into line with other desired healing classes (just a great change overall)

7. Numbers tuning and balance, right now the damage/healing is too low for the melee playstyle to be attractive, consider a buff to damage scaling for all Mistweaver abilities to bring it more in line with disc priest/resto druid.

I think the development and design teams see Fistweaving as a viable playstyle alongside a ranged healer playstyle but there still needs to be more work done to carve out this space.

2 Likes

Yeah I think they might need to make Chi-JI 2min cd again tbh. Currently the talent will never compete with Statue very well unless the MW monk is lazy and doesn’t wanna micro the statue 24/7. I think we’ll end up playing RJW all over again tbh.

Maybe fistweaving is a thing in SL, but I just don’t see it yet. I still feel like rising mist is a failed attempt at fistweaving in the first place. RSK every 8sec isn’t very interesting nor fistweaver-like. But MEH.

I just don’t see our playstyle changing from BFA to SL as of right now. WW also looks exactly the same. BRM the 1 good spec we had is the only spec to really receive gameplay changing things. BRM is so boring in the beta lol.

Still at the end of the day I get to make pretty trees on the ground! :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree: :palm_tree: :christmas_tree:
I think the Night Fae ability is the only reason I didn’t switch to Rdruid.

The “never used don’t care” comment is a little useless.

I see everyone linking around historical data, I see various states of Windwalker discussed, and all these other things thrown around but to see an ability that was hands down the most dominant talent in Legion, and even before when it was just Chi Brew (and the elixir was baseline) , get dismissed when it was a contributing factor in a lot of our strengths makes me scratch my head a bit.

2 Likes

Rising mist actually plays better with tear of the morning legendary. So you’ll probably see a lot of MWs go fistweaving, supposedly.

1 Like

Sef bugs have been fixed only to return, doesnt mean it needs to be removed, just fixed again.

Sef doesnt have this overwhelmingly crippling bugs that some people try to push.

fix that for you :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think original sef was good design, it was to hard for to many people and also very punishing, if it came back in todays age it would be very underwhelming against the competition.

Because they couldn’t bother to read.

Making skill required? What a novel idea

At this point in the game it would be the only exception, and still no, in a fast paced game it can suffer to be used optimally. my previous points still stand.