All Monks Need to Yell for Changes

I guess there is still time for a monk blue post. Would be kind of odd that they announce upcoming changes, and then don’t have any and dont talk about them at all.

Monk kinda feels like an indie game, every new “feature” comes with 2 new bugs.

let’s hope something good happens. I don’t really wanna play BRM.

I recall, but I am saying no actual announcements I seen like they have done for paladin, shaman, and hunter today.

My hopes were very low, and even I was disappointed. Class is DoA as far as I am concerned.

4 Likes

Yeah my hopes of something big happening are pretty much over. I was thinking they would actually take our feedback seriously. The fact they added our mastery to expel harm/Chi-Ji shows they are going to double down on our mastery. Big let down.

Plenty of feedback has been said in the Monk beta forums and Monk discord. There should be no reason to not have more done. They really should of delayed SL 1-2months so they could have fixed more things.

Magnapinna released another list of MW bugs today. He only had 51 MW bugs listed. O wells.

Few posts up had some of the WW bugs.

6 Likes

I expected less than most and I was still too optimistic. Classic MW feels.

Mechanically the spec blows. Expect MW to stay terrible in that regard but if MW is more than ~20% behind the top healer HPS in raids there will be some EF/Viv buff before Mythic raid drops. If MW are only 10-15% behind like they are now Blizz will leave them be.

Someone has to be last right; why not have the least played class play that part. Less complaining that way.

For any new MW players; this is what being a MW is all about. Get used to it. Being lied to, forgotten, neglected and generally ignored by the devs is par for the course. Every few years Blizzard throws us a bone they don’t follow through with and that’s what the blue post was last week.

4 Likes

I’ve heard the new Yu’lon and Chi-ji spells are pretty good CD’s (and more importantly, they feel good). Not ideal, but at least we got some scraps :man_shrugging:

I’m most concerned about the PvP nerf o Life Cocoon and the nerf to Fortifying Brew.
Those other CD while nice raid CD perhaps, won’t help in PvP enough to offset the loss of what little survivability MW Monks had.

1 Like

Hyper mobility I wouldn’t call little.

Yes. The mobility helps. But the number of mobile melee and melee gap closers Is VERY high these days.

warrior: charge leap
Rogue: shadowstep (2 if sub 20 yard range) sprint
Dk: chains deaths advance grip
Dh: rushx2 retreat (this is the easiest melee to avoid)
Enhance: wolf and sprint
Feral: dash, feral charge, and skull (if a feral is using that for gap close lol)
Surv: harpoon
WW: the only melee that has a chance of high uptime on a mw

Every single one of those has counterplay by playing how you are suppose to.

The only issue with MW right now is they don’t contribute anything beyond being a healbot for their team, no strong CC, and fairly lackluster dmg.

I have pretty much given up also. My hope now is that they will use the first tier of the xpac to fix monks in time for 9.1.

That’s what Shaman got told for 8.1

Hard :panda_face: Life

1 Like

So next Wednesday? Or when’s the next day they reveal some changes?

Don’t give up here. We have their attention to some degree, the headlines single out SEF coming off the global cd to appease people, they need to know that we aren’t.
-Goblin/worgen monks
-bug fixes for SEF damage amplification
-fof combat bug fix
-bugfix for xuens 40 yard combat bug in beta
-full access to abilities for testing, we are a month out and some effects are still not implemented
-addressing ww mastery in some regard
-baseline wdp
-mw mastery
-stagnant talents for ww, talent tree needs a reshuffle or rework

Some of these are easy fixes, like monk race options, some are being worked on, like the Xuen combat bug, and some are more involved, like talent tree adjustments. These are changes people are looking for, not completely new functionalities like mw mastery being tagged onto expel harm, or tod getting a damage amplification added.
We are just looking for changes relative to what we hoped for the class, please listen to the players.

3 Likes

as expected there was nothing. and blizz is back to radio silence.

this company is pathetic.

4 Likes

My wishlist for Mistweaver:

• Rising Mist replaces Essence Font and no longer has the 100% duration cap (or a much higher duration cap). Possibly cap Renewing Mist at 8-10 targets, which would be fine because Vivify cleaves would heal some of those targets to full, which would then make Renewing jump to new targets.
  • Gust of Mists affects all healing spells, sometimes at reduced effect: Vivify cleave targets get Gust at 25%, when Renewing Mist moves to a new target Gusts hits for 25%, Revival hits Gusts on all targets; and some damage spells cause Gust on a nearby target.
  • Reduce mana costs across the board, and/or make Mana Tea baseline. Remove Mana Tea from GCD.

PS: Gust of Mist is such a weird name. Wouldn’t a gust of wind blow and disperse mist? Seems counter to the idea of Mistweaver being able to shape and control the mists if those mists are getting blown all over. But maybe Gust of Mists could splash its healing onto nearby targets? That would fit with the name so it’s like the mists are getting blown onto other people.

5 Likes

I’m not an expert by a long shot at monk. Fact I’m fairly new to monk and was seriously considering it for a main (MW) in SL. But damn, I’ve never seen so much angst and frustration coming from those who actually know monks and have played them a long time. Sounds like Monk (MW/WW) have serious Issues that have been largely neglected and likely won’t get addressed at all. I hate to be a pessimist, but gor someone with not much invested in the monk class overall…it’s looking to be a extremely POOR choice for a main in SL?

2 Likes

In the spirit of the gcd changes we saw yesterday, I’d love to see mana tea and the celestials off the gcd. Particularly chiji, who does nothing when you hit it and needs you to start dpsing to actually work. Chiji falls perfectly into the same category as wings and avenging crusader for holy pally, its a button push that does nothing but enhance your following button pushes.

3 Likes

Yeah looks like we’re going into SL like this. Guess I have to quit because I refuse to continue playing Monk in it’s current state and I feel obligated to main him after so long.

1 Like