All Aliance players like high elfs?

I don’t mind it. Nor would I really mind any race in either faction overall so long as the race was at least in the faction that made sense.

Like if Ogres went Alliance I wouldn’t like that. If they went Neutral though I’d be good. If they go Horde I’d be over the moon.

I digress, I’m clearly one of the ones that wanted high elves within the Alliance but I never expected it to happen. When I saw Void Elves in a random video while I was catching up on lore I missed over a few years I was so happy. My Blood Elf is one of my main favorite characters and to find out that I’d be able to play a thalassian elf on the Alliance AND that it would be focused on my favorite of the cosmic forces? I was thrilled.

Overall though I’m sure there are plenty of Alliance players who either didn’t care about elves at all or didn’t want blood/high elves available for the Alliance. And honestly I don’t care that much either way. If it were me and I didn’t want them I just wouldn’t have played em.

Go with Shadow priest. You’ll rarely even notice it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(This is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously in any regard.)

2 Likes

hehe thats actually accurate. i dont even notice it anymore on my mage.

1 Like

I think the only toons I notice on these days is actually my rogue and warrior. Sometimes I notice on my hunter… Not sure why really… Shadow Priest though I NEVER see it because I’m in shadow form all the time basically. lol

1 Like

I’m still waiting on a darker skin option, or a standalone race (or just let Forsaken stand upright + a pointy ear toggle). Feels bad.

2 Likes

Here’s the problem with all of these things:

1. Base blood elves have more hairstyles but void elves have many more that are fundamentally different. Not to mention the inclusion of tentacles with that as well. Sure, there’s not as many but still more than enough where most people should be quite happy and this not being the problem folks make it out to be on forums.
  2. Void Elves don’t have their own levelling zone that’s true. Because they are an Allied race. They start at level 10. With their own alternate dimension instead of a city. Stating one as ‘objectively’ better than the other is impossible, but I can say as someone whose main has been more or less a blood elf one way or another since TBC … Telogrus Rift is a better zone than all of Silvermoon City at this point. The city is showing it’s age and it just isn’t a very ‘alive’ city. Telogrus Rift is effectively infinitely more alive.
  3. I have no idea what second heritage armour you are talking about exists for blood elves. The only one that I know of is the blood elf one and the only thing I can think of this referring to is the difference between there being a tunic and a robe option, which doesn’t make it into a whole other set. And again, these sets are subjective in terms of which one people prefer. “Bra with visual effects” sounds a whole lot better than “high res visual upgrades from prior low res armours”, but that’s not the full truth in regards to either heritage armour.
  4. Void Elves has the same lore as Blood Elves and then what diverged off since joining the Alliance as an allied faction. This is a non-argument; it isn’t even a subjective argument as much as it is a non-argument as it is trying to compare things that cannot be compared in this fashion.

So no, Void Elves nor blood Elves are “objectively better” in the fashion you, they, or others try to paint in that case. The only thing that is an a real objective argument and truth to the stuff you said is the difference of classes, and even then that’s not much of an argument. You don’t pick blood elf and then play a demon hunter, you pick demon hunter and if Alliance you are a night elf and if you play Horde you are a blood elf. Making the only real difference between classes namely the Paladin-difference.

Which we, on top on all of this, know is coming to all races relatively soon. We have no idea when but it is likely to be the next candidate to be made available for all races so… yah’.

As objectively as possibly speaking … nothing of this indicates that one race or the other is ‘better’. They are different for sure, but not better. Which, again, makes what they said just a whole load of nonsense.

1 Like

its just a rock lol

depends on if you want to look respectfiul or frivilous. either is fine, but velfs shoulda had a robe option too cause, considering our /jokes are pretty risque, the combo makes us seem rather ermm naughty. hehe

true but we are like pasted on to the end since we didnt exist as a separate npc race before and then…kerpow! tada! so we dont have void elf lore.

1 Like

sorry, thats ^ my response. i’m lightspeed

1 Like

thread @Garithos

Technically its a few portions of an old world called Telogrus. Which supposedly had its own World Soul even but was taken over entirely by the void. Its not in another dimension strictly speaking its just out in the Great Dark Beyond and surrounded by void energies. Its not a lot different than going to Outland.

While I can definitely agree that Silvermoon is showing its age and needs updating I cannot in any realistic world figure how a full city with almost all the bells and whistles is at all comparable to one inn one mailbox and one vendor housed in tents.

This is a ridiculous claim.

5 Likes

and the inn is a single bed in a tent. i think it took 3 years before we got the bed lol

he also thinks most of us should be satisfied with our 10 hairstyles cause tentacles

1 Like

garithos @sylvannas

hehe

No, it is several rocks that has more charm and personality than a city people only loudly proclaim because of nostalgia. Silvermoon City is an important city in-universe … and hasn’t looked the par since at least the Cataclysm when the world got an update to not look like a game from 2004. Which to be fair, Silvermoon isn’t. It has been untouched since 2007 instead.

So no, the claim isn’t ridiculous either. As a modern zone, Silvermoon City doesn’t serve any actual good purpose as it isn’t even good worldbuilding anymore because of how both Ghostlands and Eversong Woods are quite literally on an entirely different continent from the continent they are supposed to be attached to. Which directly influences what you can do with the zones both negatively and positively.

As it isn’t 2007 anymore, most of the negatives still exist and exceedingly few of the positives do.

Considering the idea of Void Elves is to “reach beyond to the beyond and study it”, the idea of a “careful” Void Elf seems like it’d be an oxymoron. One can only be as careful as what Umbric was and… well, that ended up creating the race of Void Elves to begin with.

I mean… sure. But that’s also my actual point I was making.

That’s not what I said. What I said is that Void Elves have customization options that makes sense to Void Elves, whereas most customization options for blood elves are literally just different versions of the same hairstyles.

Wanting more customization options will always make sense. Stating that one is better than another because one race has more customization options than another is ridiculous. Especially when one race has more unique options than another.

“Do qualitative options mean anything to you, or is it merely the quantity the that matters?”, this was my point. Looking over the options available to both blood elves and void elves, whilst blood elves have more quantitative options void elves have far more qualitative options. Especially when one consider other things such as skin colour and the such.

You can, after all, make a void elf look like a normal blood elf. But you can’t make a blood elf look like a void elf.

1 Like

and he has a robe. hehe. this char’s robe would be an example of a decent velf robe

I misread the title as “Are Alliance players high like elfs?”

1 Like

well it helps to realize i’m an old timey helfer, a goody two shoes, if you will, so the edginess of velfs seems too young for my tastes. i prefer the refined intellectualism of the blood elf, the cultured rose, rather than the venus fly trap. lol so you may think belfs are clay pot passe but i think they are fine china

If the blood elf model all the way back in BC had looked “terrible”, none of you would have been asking for “high elves”, ever, guaranteed, regardless what contrarian leaps of logic and emotion you might spout.

1 Like

And yet to this day people still play Male Humans…so how does your argument about terrible models make sense?

1 Like

boy i sure wish we had a toggle for the old models. their face, eye and lip shape was better

I think they might be referring to the Blood Knight set but that’s also for Blood Elf Pallies only I believe.

Personally, I like both Telogrus Rift and Silvermoon. I wish there was more to Telogrus Rift. There is a portal you can take to another rock and you can watch a void elf teaching others about the void and then a tentacle tries to come out of a portal and they have to force it back in. I thought that was a neat touch. However, I like going beyond that with levitate or slow fall to the 3rd big rock and just vibe, the music really brings it together. I hope we get to see more zones like it during the World Soul Saga.

1 Like

its like a spot outside a city, where people congregate, but otherwise is really undeveloped. should have biodomes on it, like the ones in netherstorm. think just one of the mana forges there has more thought and time invested than our home base