Alcohol in the enterprise?

Besides all the main issue regarding harassment, How is that the politics and rules of Blizzard allow drinking alcohol inside the enterprise on working hours, i don’t feel like a good decision for creativity, I’ll say that actually that leads to delays, other issues and the current state of some games.

this should be one of the thinks that we need to see as a point for change, don’t allow drugs, alcohol during working hours.

Maybe is different on the USA but on my country there’s not an enterprise that allows alcohol on working hours, the maximum is like a beer on lunch outside of the enterprise because those are not provided inside the campus.

9 Likes

Honest truth I have no problem with them having a beer at lunch away from the Blizzard campus but I do have to agree the workplace is not the place for it because it has an affect on productivity .

The only places I can see employees being allowed to drink at work would be at a restaurant or bar if they have an employee drink policy that allows the employee to have a drink after completing their shift .

5 Likes

It’s quite common in some companies but it can get serious. The idea is that you are supposed to hire responsible adults, they don’t need to have a babysitter micromanaging them. They have a hard work and rough timelines, let them drink if they want. If it gets serious the HR should take care if it. That didn’t happen at Blizzard.

1 Like

By law they shouldn’t; but last place I worked allowed it, or in the very least WOULDN’T say anything to the people smoking just outside doors we had to walk out of and smoking in the building… for one thing the managers were doing most of the same stuff as their underlings. To clarify, at least ONE of those people got busted for drugs…

well I’ve seen more advertisement for drinking beer and getting drunk in Wow than my last Irish wedding. we have entire events in-game dedicated to getting blasted.

Oh HECK yeah there was alcohol on the Enterprise!

Not sure what this has to do with WoW though…

6 Likes

Captain Kirk has to stay entertained somehow.

2 Likes

dammit. Beat me to it.

Great minds think alike, I had to resist the urge NOT to post a Startrek joke…
Velen doesn’t even NEED alcohol to crash a starship:

1 Like

That was that episode where Scotty was trying to drink that dude under the table, right? Like, to keep him occupied from doing something else?

In the end, wasn’t he faking it? Or he just had high tolerance? I don’t remember; it’s been a decade since I’ve done Classic Trek.

My employer in the USA has a similar policy regarding alcohol of one drink at lunch. Most people don’t do it anyway.

Yeah, Tomar was a Kelvan with no concept of human sensations, so Scotty got him drunk. The intention was to get a piece of equipment from him that then could be used against them (the Kelvans had taken over the Enterprise). Scotty wasn’t faking, though, he ended up passed out on the floor also.

1 Like

That’s right, that’s right!

Ahh, excellent stuff. Been too long, I need to binge TOS again.

:vulcan_salute:

My company has done it many times.

In game is Ok, is recreating a World with celebrations like october fest that well they don’t update properly but that’s other story, i mean on IRL they’re drinking and that causes issues and also delays, productivity…etc

Hey, remember the time they poorly designed a dungeon and everybody died of the plague? Me neither…

It’s related to WoW development, they should not be drinking, instead invest on the game or even playing other games and get new ideas…etc , or at least include some new stuff for brewfest if you were drinking all the time , seasonal events doesn’t have anything new for years, just like 1 toy every 2 years, imagine a whole new dungeon for that event , mounts, transmogs.etc

Some places have beer clubs on Fridays…

You do understand the concept of a joke, right?

The German counterpart of the company I used to work for allowed 1 beer before lunch, 2 at lunch, and 2 after lunch. There were also beer vending machines in the cafeteria.