Alcohol in the enterprise?

Actually you’re right sometimes i don’t get it on spanish and english is not my main language and some people sometimes reply just like looking for a counter argument that i didn’t thought it was a joke. Also not a Startrek fan :confused: sorry

No worries, friend. :slight_smile:

I wish i could drink at work. Would be so fun.

I wish i had job actually, i’m so useless

I actually just got a job at an Italian place, rest assured I will NOT be spreading a deadly blood plague via my restaurant job…

There is always shades of grey. Coming from a military stand point, we had bars in our units. We only partook off-duty or on rare occasions at the end of the day on a Friday when operations were concluded. It was a way to blow off steam and build some comrade that wasn’t exclusively work centered. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that for any organization as long as its entirely optional.

On the other hand, if you and your employees are pounding tequila at 10 am on a Tuesday, it’s not going to end well for anyone.

In the US, it used to be that Tech Jobs commonly offered alcohol and caffeine in employee breakrooms. Usually because there were long hours involved. 12-16 hour days were not uncommon.

I had thought the practice had changed over the last decade though. However, I would also assume that some employees would continue to sneak alcohol into the workplace.

Be better to have a little smokables/edibles for productivity, works best for me. YMMV, obviously it doesn’t affect everyone the same way. Alcohol on the other hand barely seems suitable for reclusive activities let alone on the job. I personally would get fired just on principal if I showed up more than 4 drinks in. And I don’t mean “my job would fire me” I mean “I’d definitely do some thing or things that would get me fired.”

Given in my case it’s more likely “pass out in an awkward position” than “harass staff.”

1 Like

I am unaware of any Law that prohibits it. Two companies I worked for had alcohol for employees. The first stopped only because of insurance reasons (would have to include it in cost) but the second company hosts entire days, employee appreciation days where there is free drinks all day for everyone.

1 Like