Alchemy is useless in WOTLK now. What should we do

Ive written long manifestos on this subject to only delete them so let me just get to the point. Why was Alchemy basically made useless with the Northrend Adventuring Supplies giving an abundance of every kind of potion elixer flask etc.
Balancing classes , professions, races etc is always a dance and the ebb and flow of these balances is but yet one piece of the pie we love of the salsa dance that is WoW from new and old, Retail to the basics of Classic detail.
Never in my probably 12+ years and many different characters accounts and experiences in WoW have i ever seen a profession rendered so useless until this WOTLK release. Theres been a few runner ups in the past, but i dont believe a whole profession should just be used for one item you can make mega late game. In this case Alchemy and the current state of WOTLK doesnt even have that.
Are the Northrend Adventuring Supplies temporary? or is Alchemy / herbalism now dead?

34 Likes

It wasn’t.

1 Like

alchemy is dead. change my mind <.<

8 Likes

I haven’t seen any flasks in my bags. Unless they’re different at level 80? O.o

4 Likes

give me RDF or i unsub

19 Likes

bye-bye :slight_smile:

9 Likes

at 80, the heroics give the flasks

at heroics at 80 , wammy, you getm

why is the first reply of every thread so bad lol. blizz ban these low iq forum vultures trolling every thread

12 Likes

Its the same reason as people hiding behind level 10’s.

1 Like

you know what… you’re right

1 Like

Interesting. I’m actually not particularly happy with just how generous the bags are. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve just been vendoring most of what’s in them. At the very least, I think it would make some sense to see the contents of the bags be catered more to the role you’re playing (like attack/strength/hit/expertise for melee, spellpower/intellect/MP5 for casters) rather than just getting pretty much everything in them.

I am fairly certain most of those folks are just here to stir the pot. :wink:

Generally a gnome or troll.

3 Likes

yeah my bags are absoutely filled w poopoo pots it’s like meaningless inflation of alch supplies while gimping my bag space. ive loaded up like 2 characters mailboxes already. feel bad for any alchs out there

4 Likes

Gosh darn I cannot get enough Crusty Flatbread. I get so hard at all my bags bursting at the seems with Crusty Flatbread.

8 Likes

Well, most RMT gold sellers/botters make money from Alchemy. This is a direct kick in the teeth to them. Transmute will be the way Alchemy makes gold this expansion. Inscription is all but useless as well, so don’t feel like Alchemy is the only one. In Wotlk, you either JC and or Enchant or you’re useless anyways.

1 Like

its maybe 1/10 of their income , i mean saying bot and gold sellers make majority from alchemy is simply incorrect. there are wayyyy more other ways they operate. And surely, punishing Alchemists and inflating it to high heaven def hurts us normal real players way more than any “bot” or “gold seller”

2 Likes

Um… titansteel?

1 Like

20 hour cd…

Elixir master just became a dead proffesion im kinda bummed and hope its a bug.

Every 5 quests is just too much, your elixir wont even expire by the time you get 3 more bags. Make it fair and drop saronite and furs too.

1 Like

They just need to actually balance it and throw in a mix of professions like pvp bags did. Maybe get 5 of a mix of herbs/ore/leather/cloth ect.

1 Like