Air brakes pls!

I love dragon riding, having lots of fun with it, however the one thing that is really immersion breaking is that we have no way to slow down.

I would love one more button on the bars, that uses 1 vigor and just spreads our wings and pulls us up to a momentary midair stop. Give us a moment to check if that herb is surrounded by elites, or stop us from overshooting that pinnacle we want to land on.

It’s just a bit silly that we are expected to crash into everything at full speed like a drunk albatross.

26 Likes

This would be my only complaint also

1 Like

When I stop to grab an herb/mining node at full speed:

29 Likes

It’s the best damn thing ever. Leave it alone :laughing:

7 Likes

The other complaint I have is when it somehow switched on auto run, so you land on a peak and then just run right off it again, but that is more of a bug than a mechanic hah!

5 Likes

You can slow down by pitching up. Or you could land near the herb rather than landing on top of the elites and assess the situation that way.

5 Likes

Metallica is great, but overrated

3 Likes

A speed brake function would be nice. My usual work-around is to overfly, do a climbing 180, look around, then commit to the landing if still advisable.

I especially hate that for click to move landing.

Like I click where I want to land not land then keep running!

1 Like
2 Likes

If for no other reason than to say, “I’m gunna hit the breaks, and they’ll fly right by.” ALL. THE. TIME. My name is Sumwun and I support this Ad.

2 Likes

Me going past a herb/mine

7 Likes

I think of it as Ryanair flight school :joy::joy::joy::joy:.

I have fun with the landings as well!

1 Like

https://www.darklegacycomics.com/844

Pretty much me trying to land on top of the peak to click on the stupid banner.

5 Likes

Hahaha that was literally the inspiration for this post.

I want to be more like this, pushing back with my wings, landing gracefully on a dime.

Btw I don’t think this will effect crashing at high speed into mobs or whatever, I agree that is super fun. It would be nice just having the option to be able to push back against momentum, and would give us more control when we want it.

3 Likes

Crashing is air breaks.

1 Like

Air brakes are a must! I end up circling sometimes to see something and then crash down. I’d love air brakes that maybe let you hover for a small duration. Then you can land or boost away.

2 Likes

Truth is, we snap our dragon’s necks every time we land, or shatter their hollow rib-bones so they immediately die. You can just kill them, and no one cares, because dragons breed en masse.

The next time we call a dragon, it’s just a nearby, different one.

It’s the Dragon Isles after all. They’re all over the place.

4 Likes

Ok this was dark but funny, I did lol!

2 Likes