[A][Heavy RP] The Stormwind Guard Needs You!

Fliers have begun circulating around the streets of Stormwind City, posted along the town and handed out by few men and women in uniform of the Stormwind Guard

“Attention citizen! The Stormwind Guard is recruiting and asks that all men and women of able body and sound mind apply! The streets of our fair city have become dangerous and unmanned! Our current numbers are spread thin and we need fresh blood to help keep order and protect our beloved home from the inside! Inquire at Old Town’s Command Center, or seek Captain Marcus Wester for details and application!”

The Stormwind Guard is a Heavy RP guild forming on Grobbulus with the goal to create a living atmosphere in the city of Stormwind! No longer will you have to deal with unresponsive and clumsy NPC guards being your first line of defense! We’ll have dedicated roleplayers on patrol to act out what the guard should be!

– RP –
As stated, we are a heavy RP guild and will function as such, our main goal is to be acting out the role of the Stormwind Guard for the people of the city. We’ll have members assigned to patrolling the streets on the look out for any troublemakers, and offer assistance to citizens in need! Feel free to reach out to one of our members on duty if you need help during your roleplay, general directions and city questions, or to report any incident with Horde sightings in our great city!

– PvP –
While not a lot of PvP happens directly in cities, there’s always the risk of Horde raids or other trouble to look out for! Our members will ensure that the city is safe and gank free on the regular basis, able to respond to any reported attacks!

Other than action in the city, organized group PvP and wPvP is on the table for those interested. We can have squadrons assembled and sent out to keep the Alliance peace, possibly even in uniform!

– PvE –
While there are no plans to raid as a whole guild, many of our members play the game beyond just RP, and we’ll have groups and people ready to dungeon delve and help new members level up in order to wear our uniform! If able and ample members are ready, we can look into a guild alliance with some raid team in order to ensure our members get a frequent chance at clearing raid content!

– Interested? –
Seek out Marcus, Nhenia, or Garac in game for more details!

5 Likes

Just a quick bump here to inform everyone that the guild is out of charter! We formed up back on Saturday the 28th, and so far so good. Recruitment is going somewhat steady now and I’ve gotten a lot of whispers wishing us well and offering support.

Thanks to the community for showing interest and I hope we can live up to everyone’s expectations!

2 Likes

Quick bump and update!

The guild has been up for a week now, roster is a healthy size for a primarily RP focused guild, and everybody is (to my knowledge) having a good time! We have a handful of members with full uniform who have been hitting the streets and getting great response.

If you’ve ever been interested in pursuing a career as a guard for the city of Stormwind, now’s your time to act!

1 Like

Another update bump,

The guild is still growing and we’ve got some officer positions filled. Lot of events happening within the city of Stormwind that we’re getting involved in, so stuff is really exciting right now!

It’s a perfect time to join the Stormwind Guard, so reach out to myself, Arlorn or Kurthnell in game for more details!

1 Like

Things have been a little quiet due to many real life happenings for myself and a few other members, but we’re still here and going strong!

We’re starting to settle into a rhythm and have two weekly events set up already as a guild, and we actively try to participate in the weekly tavern events hosted on the server as well!

Say hello to any of the guards you see on patrol within Stormwind, and check out the awesome article recently published about us in the Grobbulus Times!

https:// grobbulustimes .com/

2 Likes

How many do you have?

1 Like

We have about 30 or so unique players on roster, with some alts thrown in as well. I’d say about half that are on daily, or every other day. The other half haven’t been on in closing in on 4 to 7 days or so.

1 Like

Still recruiting and having a good time! We just participated in our first real joint RP event as we provided security to maintain order during a search warrant!

Looking to fill some newly opened officer positions as well, so if you were ever interested in being in a guard guild and like being in a position of leadership, now’s your chance!

1 Like

Just bumping the post here. Things have slowed down considerably for the Guard, and membership has declined greatly.

However, our core remains strong and hopeful, and we’re still actively recruiting. If interested, now’s a good time to join as we go through a small transformation period!

1 Like

Still recruiting! A Very good guild for people who want to try rping for the first time! We will pair you up with a more seasoned rper and take patrols. All we ask is you describe had your character hear and saw. Come join The Stormwind Guard!!

Come join and RP walk with coolest rp set there is!

2 Likes

A truly amazing community! (Thanks to me of course ;)) Accepting of all classes and races, but still managing to keep things realistic and gritty! The Discord is a fantastic place to get wound up and unwind, IC and OOC. Many of the greatest RPers on the server are either in or are closely related to the Guard! 100% recommend this guild to anyone who likes fun…

1 Like

Posting to bump!

Even if you’re not into military-style RP (which I wasn’t initially!), the Guard is a welcoming and immersive way to get you involved in Grobb RP. We have a tight core group of players who are always down to help you with boosts or just lend you an ear after a long day, and ties with other guilds and Grobb vets whom we regularly participate with. You don’t need to be an experienced player to join the most wholesome guild on the server ^_^.

2 Likes

As someone that enjoys some good old RP I have to say that this guild has truly been a treasure. If you have any interest in getting to know so someone great people and also want to have some fun times, I can tell you first hand that this is the guild for you!

2 Likes

Now more than ever is a great time to join up with the Stormwind Guard! We’re currently dealing with an insular plot of betrayal and unlawfulness! The Guard must work to restore it’s reputation and uncover the truth behind an escaped convict!

Whisper any of the lovely folk from the guild within this thread for more information and an invite!

1 Like

The Stormwind Guard has an excellent sense of camaraderie – sort of the Cheers of guilds. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out a fellow guardsman.

Flirtacia/Jade

2 Likes

The Guard is looking to get back into the swing of things (I feel like I’m always saying something in this regard?) by resuming regular weekly and bi-weekly events!

We also just came up with a better promotion process, so it’s never been a better time to join in with the Guard!

…Until, you know… in the future when it gets even better.

1 Like

Come for the in character drama stay for the Rp patrol armor set!

1 Like

The Stormwind Guard is still top-notch and has some of the nicest players. No matter how many people I torture and say bad names to, and no matter how many times I steal from the guild bank, attempt another world takeover, or fill the guildhall with chocolate pudding, the Guard is always there for me. Recommended.

1 Like

I may be biased, but the Stormwind Guard is an awesome guild. They’re a tight-knit group of helpful people. Every time I need help slaying some elites, or when another member needs sheep to be punched, the Guard is there!

It’s a really fun time with a lot of RP opportunity!

2 Likes